Newbie questions

For questions and suggestions about what to do or train next.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
HeV-Wat3r

Newbie questions

Post by HeV-Wat3r »

Greetings to all. This is an open request for anyone who wants to offer an opinion. I'm a new player (less than 2 months) and just joined EVE Uni two days ago. My head is kind of spinning with all of the content and support available, so pardon me if these questions are already answered in other locations. I'm trying to read and catch up as much as I can, but adulting is getting in the way.

It seems like the Hi Sec campus is the best place for me to start, so:

1) If I'm going to be working out of the Hi Sec Campus, should I move myself and all of my junk there?
2) If yes, what's the best way to do this? It's more than 10 jumps for me to get there and I don't think my Nereus will hold everything?
3) Would it be better for me to sell a bunch of stuff off and lighten the load?
4) Or, is there a way to keep stuff in one location and put it on the market for a distant location?

Like I said. Lots of questions. Thanks in advance :-)
Regards,
HeV
Hippla Tsero
Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Hippla Tsero »

Hey HeV,

the answer is a very EVE-typical: It depends.

Generally speaking, a T1 hauler can fit quite a lot of things, so it might make sense for you to bring everything to the High-Sec Campus. On the other hand, you probably don't want to spend hours just moving things back and forth. So the easier solution would be to sell things locally and just reacquire them at the HSC.

How many m3 do you have? You could always ask in our Discord channel #uni-hauling if someone can help out.

Also please make sure to haul things through High-Sec only, unless you are confident with what you are doing.

Lastly, there is no way to sell your stuff at a distant location. You can always try to haul your stuff to one of the trade hubs e.g. Jita, Dodixie, Amarr, Rens etc. and sell them there.

Feel free to also get in touch in Discord if you have any further questions :)
EVE University NSC Manager; Senior Personnel Officer; Communications Officer; Teacher

Social Media
https://twitter.com/EVEUniversity/
https://www.facebook.com/EveUniversity/

EVE University blog:
https://www.eveuniversity.org/
Arkady Marten

Re: Newbie questions

Post by Arkady Marten »

Hiya HeV, welcome to the Uni!

I had to chuckle reading through your post - definitely remember having these questions too when I started out!

1) The campuses are good places for storing your stuff and for getting together with other people to do things in Eve. So, I'd say yes, consider making HSC your home for the time being. As you get further into Eve, you'll probably want to partake in activities at other campuses as well, and then you'll start having stuff all over the place, like the rest of us, but most people tend to call one campus their home where they spend the most time.

2) Each campus has flight-deck ships available for anyone to use, see here and here. These are intro fits, but will absolutely do for the next few weeks to continue exploring what Eve has to offer and to earn you some isk all the while. In the meantime, you can use the free hauling service to have hulls and modules shipped to HSC, so you can put together your own ships depending on your skills and preferences. There is also a selection of modules available in the Main Hangar, if you're ever short on something. (You won't have access to the Flight Deck or the Main Hangar immediately, but people will be happy to grab things out for you!)

So, you don't necessarily have to bring all your things with you, but I'd keep maybe one or two ships in addition to your Nereus for now, simply because you might like them and want to continue using them. (10 jumps by the way is nothing, consider the poor guys starting out in Amarr space. :) )