Character Coordination

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Catbriar Saissore

Portrait

Post 2018.06.15 16:24

Character Coordination

With my account I have three characters, call them “Main”, “Alt1” and “Alt2”. My “Main” character is a member of Eve University. I have trained my Main up for exploration, followed BLAP for logi to participate in fleets and trained skills to participate in surveying planets for the University. I have pretty much maxed out scanning and hacking skills. Alt1, I started using for hauling when I first joined the university and some mining. Alt2, I just activated.

My intention is to train up Alt2 to perform PI and industry. My thinking is to further train Alt1 to haul resources and product generated by Alt2. I would like to coordinate these three characters in an efficient manner and would appreciate input from the community. Let me give a couple of specific examples but all ideas are welcome.

Main has a large number of bookmarks for traveling. Alt1 could create his own bookmarks but the efficient approach is to give Main’s bookmarks to Alt1. From a game mechanics point of view, what is the best way to do that?

Alt2 will, once trained, have to go survey planets for PI. However, Main has already trained those skills so it would make sense to have Main survey planets to select which planets to do PI and give that information to Alt2. When it comes time to actually place structures, I do not think Main’s skills can help Alt2. Or can they, I am not totally sure of all the game mechanics involved?

I trust you see the logic of what I am asking here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.06.15 16:33

Re: Character Coordination

Your main's PI skills will not help your Alt's PI setup.
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

Yrgrasil

Portrait

Post 2018.06.15 16:37

Catbriar Saissore wrote:Main has a large number of bookmarks for traveling. Alt1 could create his own bookmarks but the efficient approach is to give Main’s bookmarks to Alt1. From a game mechanics point of view, what is the best way to do that?

You can copy bookmarks, just hold shift down, then you can drag a copy to your cargo. There is a limitation, not sure how many, but i think it were ten at the same time.

see also https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Bookmark ... _Bookmarks
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2018.06.27 14:23

Hi,

you want Planetology/Adv. Planetology on the character who is placing extractors. It helps to get the extractor heads placed just right for best extraction rate. That is only valid of course, if you're going to do extraction. I have chars who are running factory planets only and they don't need Planetology for that.

Interplanetary Consolidation and Command Center Upgrades are obviously important for any char who runs PI.

I would recommend to train PI skills on both alts and then make one the hauler and maybe the other an industrialist.

Zoltan

Return to What Next?