Hey Uni! I'm back! Um... now what? :D

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Lunaria Veil (Biomassed 2018.04.15)

Portrait

Post 2018.02.08 18:42

Hey Uni! I'm back! Um... now what? :D

Heyo pilots! I have returned to New Eden after a long hiatus away from online gaming of any kind. I started Eve Online back in 2009 (I think?) and played until about 2010. I started in EUNI, had TONS of fun, made a hauler alt, then went to a more RP-oriented corp, the SoE Roughriders. The RP was great but the corp itself was 90% EU timezones and that made it tough to do anything in the group unless I wanted to get up way too early or stay up way too late :D. I came back to EUNI for a short time, got not 1 but 2 Megathrons popped in the same night (HA!) and just kind of left EVE altogether after that.

Then I got a cheap spacey-type game on Steam (Elite Dangerous) and thought "Huh, this kind of reminds me of Eve Online a little. Huh... With the whole 'alpha clone' thing it's free now. Huh... I wonder what EUNI is doing these days. Huh........"

So I jumped in with my Steam account, made a new character (Ander Matali, you've probably seen him around) and jumped back into the game. A lot is very familiar, a lot is better! And a lot is so new I don't know what to do! What the heck is an Algos? And since when does the Tristan NOT have missile slots??? Wait, a Tristan is a DRONE boat frigate? :lol: I can't even use half my old stuff because of the Alpha clone restrictions. I mean, yeah, CCP wants my money so I could jump back in for 3 months Omega subscription for ultra-cheap, but still. All my stuffs are sitting in my hangar and I can't do a thing with them! :lol: :wink:

So here is my query to you fine EUNI folks:

1) My primary interest is PvE.
a. I've done a lot of lvl 4 combat missions. Fun! But can get repetitive.
b. I've never done Wormholes, Scan Sites, or anything else like that, so I'd love to do that!
c. I'd be interested in running mining expeditions, though I can only fly the basic mining ships right now (the last time I went mining, the Vexor was my ship of choice!)

2) I have less interest in direct PvP
a. I've done EUNI wars and have Fleet support skills for squad leader roles
b. Last time I was in an EUNI war I flew EWAR (Celestis) but have a lot more skills since then
c. I do have covert ops/cloaking skills (I flew a stealth bomber in one mission for the SoE Roughriders) so I could do that, too, but it would not be my first choice.
d. I don't do solo PvP :)

3) I have basically zero interest in ship building or POS-running.

So... what would you recommend for me to jump back into EUNI? High sec campus? Project Solitude?

See you in space!

LV
<<

Lunaria Veil (Biomassed 2018.04.15)

Portrait

Post 2018.02.08 20:51

Re: Hey Uni! I'm back! Um... now what? :D

One thing to note: should I end up going Omega, my plan is to start training for Capital Ships.
<<

Leitsu Honam

Portrait

Post 2018.02.09 02:27

I see you like PvE

Run Incursions with the Incursion Community! You'll be in a fleet so the chatter will keep you entertained, and you'll get paid really really well! :D
<<

Hideo Date

Portrait

Communications Manager
Communications Manager

Post 2018.02.09 15:40

Welcome back!

Yeah since 2010...like basically everything has changed in that time :D there are no poses anymore for one...and yeah your squad leader support skills...ahm yeah, well just read up about command bursts ;)

If you are pve focused the incursion community is probably a good fit for you as stated above. As well as running missions in fleet with the hsc. But pleeease look into PvP; ) for instance our whole approach to wars has changed dramatically ^^

So looking at wormholes and scanning. I like it quite a bit and compared to when I first tried it its now extremely easy to get into. Just jump in a t1 scanning frig, fit probelauncher, probes and a relic plus data analyzer. Jump through any wh that leads to c1-c3 and look for the pirate named sites (avoid the others, they have sleepers).

If you don't want to PvP what do you want to fly capitals for?? :P solo c6 wh sites? grinding nullsec sites in a carrier and getting dunked by bombersbar? :D
No, but seriously, what are your goals with capitals?

Fly dangerous o7
Hideo
Communications Manager

EVE Uni blog
EVE Uni Twitter
EVE Uni Facebook

Personnel Officer

You can find me on Twitter @hideo_date
I stream over at: https://www.twitch.tv/hideodate
<<

Ceilidh Brinalle

Portrait

Post 2018.02.20 18:44

Ill third coming and hanging out with us incursion nomads. We are kinda awesome.

Incursions: Home of the space Middle Class.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Return to What Next?