Understanding Jump Clones, Worse Than Eating Grapefruit?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Christoph Patrouette

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 10:45

Re: Understanding Jump Clones, Worse Than Eating Grapefruit?

And the warning (including the fee) that you are "installing" a new clone...which you technically do, but that confused me in the beginning.
<<

Sonic Reducer

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 16:09

Thanks Again Christoph... and all the other respondents on the thread !

I have just re-read the Wiki page again.. and I think I have it.

But, like Rodger indicated... a "Trade only " Omega Alt may be the best answer for "Market" Stuff... and just make a contract to my alt hauler if anything needs to get to An EVE-U Campus.

Thanks again guys :)

Sonic

EDIT: Darn their are taxes or fees to be paid on a contract though... hmm... I'll figure it out...
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 16:17

If we're changing the design of the game in this area, I propose getting rid of the one jump clone per station/citadel limit. It's pretty obvious it's just a game coding limitation, there's no gameplay or lore reason to limit you to one clone. Obviously there's room in the huge clone bay.

The number of clones per toon is already limited to 5 by the skill so we're not going to fill up the datebase with jump clones.
KEEP CALM & DEFFO BLAP YO
The boy who cried Moros * Content Creator * Graduate * Awoxer - The Equalizer
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 16:21

Sonic Reducer wrote:
EDIT: Darn their are taxes or fees to be paid on a contract though... hmm... I'll figure it out...

It's nothing. Contracts to your alt cost flat fee 10,000 isk no matter the contract contents. Flipping it back to yourself is free if you "deliver" it to yourself in a station or you can just blow another 10,000 isk to contract it to your main. I guess you could also use the "deliver" option to give the stuff to your hauler in Jita, but I like the ability to revoke a contract if I make a mistake. I once delivered a pile of stuff to the wrong toon who was half way across the universe from the delivery station. I had to make my way back with that toon to get the stuff out of the deliveries hanger.
<<

Christoph Patrouette

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 19:07

Rodger Kint wrote:The number of clones per toon is already limited to 5 by the skill so we're not going to fill up the datebase with jump clones.

Its actually 10. You can train Advanced Infomorph Psychology :)
<<

Rodger Kint

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 20:40

Well, I'm wrong again. 10! Serves me right for never training the jump clone skill to beyond 4. I always worry I'll log in and CCP will have activated all my sleeping clones and they'll be in my ships and spending my isk in Jita and I'll have to meet them at Old Man Star for a duel to the death to see which clone wins EVE.

I think I can whip 4 clones running the shitty rat AI, but 10 would be too much.
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2017.10.04 20:46

Rodger Kint wrote: always worry I'll log in and CCP will have activated all my sleeping clones and they'll be in my ships and spending my isk in Jita and I'll have to meet them at Old Man Star for a duel to the death to see which clone wins EVE.

Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

Sonic Reducer

Portrait

Post 2017.10.07 12:54

RE Taxes:

Ty for the Info... never knew it was a "Flat Rate."

Fly Dangerous:

Sonic
Previous

Return to What Next?