The CSM thread

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Apothne

Portrait

Post 2016.03.17 02:06

The CSM thread

EVE Politics and trolling, how in the f*ck do we not have a CSM thread?

CSM11 voting is open, CSM10 has been.....eventful.

Who are you voting for? Who is a piece of shit? Who inhabits the intersection of those two sets?

P.S I am running a fantasy CSM pool, person who picks the most correct delegates on CSM11 wins the pot, 500m buy-in, PM me to get in on it.
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.03.17 05:21

Re: The CSM thread

Apothne wrote:Who are you voting for?

CSM 11 candidates... hehe
You did get votes from me

Apothne wrote:Who is a piece of shit?

Probably all of you

Apothne wrote:Who inhabits the intersection of those two sets?

Goons Bees

Apothne wrote:500m buy-in

Send this to me, I'll double it
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2016.03.17 09:05

I tried to pick people from all aspects of the game, that I think could all work quite well together to progress the game. I got you dw Apoth <3. I like Steve and Hyde too, for the diversity it would bring to the table. Nashh does a huge amount for the community as well, so he gets my vote.

Apothne wrote:Who is a piece of shit?

Aside from the ones I looked at and went 'who the f*ck is that?', there are only a couple who I know well enough to definitely not vote for. Tora is a difficult one for me. Everyone has been screaming for high sec war decs to be addressed somehow. I feel that if this topic comes up, it would be bad to have just one side representing.

I never want Xenuria to be on CSM, ever.

Apothne wrote:Who inhabits the intersection of those two sets?

Difficult to say, I either have no opinion or strong views one way or the other for most of the candidates. I know Gorski generates a lot of contention among certain groups so I'm not sure how to deal with that.

Vote page for anyone who hasn't yet placed theirs': https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/vote
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2016.03.18 13:02

I choose you, Pikachu!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

<<

Robnik Charante

Portrait

Post 2016.03.18 14:39

Tora is a difficult one for me. Everyone has been screaming for high sec war decs to be addressed somehow. I feel that if this topic comes up, it would be bad to have just one side representing.

I agree, but Tora has already demonstrated an ability to address the situation objectively. He, Steve, and a couple others collaborated on a pretty good document discussing the issues with the current wardec system.

Ultimately it's the CSM's job to provide feedback and not push agendas, so bringing in people from many different backgrounds who can think critically and communicate clearly is really the best outcome. Usually this does happen to some extent and you get people like Steve/Gorski/Jayne, but it breaks down when bloc candidates who are only there to push an agenda get elected (I will name no names, we already know who they are).

Voting for people who are good at abusing mechanics (but are honest in the ways that they are broken) is, I think, one of the best decisions you can make in elections. I think Noobman is a great example of this. He uses yachts and hero dreading on a regular basis yet calls for them to be nerfed, because he recognizes that they're unbalanced. Now one might say, "you don't need to abuse these mechanics to see that they're broken!" And that is true, but sometimes people on the outside looking in fail to see why they are broken. Nullbears hear things like "500M ISK/hr" for capital escalalations and immediately say "this is broken." Well... that discounts the many hours doing logistics, prepping sites, rolling holes, and occasionally losing a 20 bil uninsured escalation fleet when that new K162 pops and your caps just started new siege/triage cycles. It also ignores the fact that there is a hard limit on income potential per hole per month. There may be balance issues present, but when you look at the big picture they are not as extreme as they might appear at first glance.

Anyway this is all a very long way of saying that I will continue to vote for smart people who are good at abusing mechanics as long as I believe they are honest with themselves, the community, and CCP.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.03.18 18:30

RF Gnaeus Crassus - because he had a very level-headed analysis in his Capstable interview, even though the would-be pundits in the analysis podcast had a senior moment passing him off as a carebear who wanted to get rid of wardecs and the like. Also under-represented gameplay (transport).
Joffy Aulx-Gao - because disabilities could use being represented, also seemed like a very cool guy: no-drama small-gang pvp ticks a lot of boxes on my personal card.

Farther down the list, forget in which order: Apothne because he's a good FC and enthusiastic - Noobman because I once used to be a wormholer - Steve Ronuken because he's a god at what he does - one wardeccer (not Tora) who made a good interview because wardecs need looking - MrHyde because he's cool and no-drama - Gorski because he's good and Mittens obviously hates him - DoToo Foo because the experience of seeding a market in deep 0.0 is a gameplay I've dabbled in on an alt and which could use representation.

I didn't know Aryth but from his interview he would have got my vote had he not been Goons - this is not me being grr-Goons, just aknowledging the fact he doesn't need my vote.
<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2016.03.18 20:30

What I did was, I voted for Apoth.

And then I voted for a room of people I wanted Apoth to be stuck with.

<3
<<

Orzo Torasson

Portrait

Post 2016.03.19 00:01

I also voted for Apothne. I voted for a bunch of other dudes I like too, like Gorski and even Kyle Aparthos. Even though we hail from different sides of the political spectrum I've always found Kyle to be zero drama, zero sperg and a generally good dude to talk with. I also threw a vote out to Tora, because I even though I think in game he's a massive c*** he definitely knows his shit.
I'm from NOL-M9
And I say KILL EM ALL
<<

Anya en Ruddhisa

Portrait

Post 2016.03.19 00:38

even Kyle Aparthos. Even though we hail from different sides of the political spectrum I've always found Kyle to be zero drama, zero sperg and a generally good dude to talk with.

+1. Dude consistently goodposts hard enough to cut through /r/eve blurf.
SPO | Graduate | LSC | WHC | Mercenary

ImageImageImage

nervos belli, pecuniam infinitam
<<

Felis Artrald

Portrait

Post 2016.03.19 17:15

I voted Joffy Aulx Gao - a great guy with a severe disability, but who is very active in the broadcast for reps community, and is also a bona fide low sec PvP machine. I know him from my time in Stay Frosty. Definitely recommended.

Also put Apothne up, Hyde, Steve, Nash, and even Tora. Basically a bunch of people that I've seen enough of, or talked to in person, to know they are in it for the game and not to do what their spymaster of choice whispers in their ear.
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.03.19 18:26

I would do exactly like Daniel did. Vote for Apoth and then a bunch of mouthbreathers to stuck him with.

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Oh Takashawa

Portrait

Post 2016.03.19 18:46

Master Akira wrote:I would do exactly like Daniel did. Vote for Apoth and then a bunch of mouthbreathers to stuck him with.

So you'd just vote for Apothne, and then yourself 13 times?
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.03.19 19:26

Oh Takashawa wrote:
Master Akira wrote:I would do exactly like Daniel did. Vote for Apoth and then a bunch of mouthbreathers to stuck him with.

So you'd just vote for Apothne, and then yourself 13 times?

Can you really imagine me doing CSM work? I would be in a constant fit of rage with CCP.

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Marius Labo

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2016.03.19 22:59

Master Akira wrote:Can you really imagine me doing CSM work? I would be in a constant fit of rage with CCP.

You have all my votes.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.03.20 12:37

+1 the attendant drama would be great reading material.
Next

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling