The Irrelevant 10th: Content-Free Nullsec Thread.

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Miks Rebelius

Portrait

Post 2016.03.24 19:13

Re: The Irrelevant 10th: Content-Free Nullsec Thread.

Professor Khanid wrote:BTW Eve Reddit is full of hilarious shit posting if any unistas want to look at nullsec current events.

Not as good as KUGU but safer for the untrained shit-posting readers for sure. :P
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.03.24 19:17

Chef Xiru wrote:I started typing this long post abiut finally CFC is showing some weakness then I realized I have now lived long enough to become zeroniss. So I am resubbing today and gonna become active again so I can quit that shit lol.

I'm so proud of you :cry:

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Chef Xiru

Portrait

Post 2016.03.25 15:03

Master Akira wrote:
Chef Xiru wrote:I started typing this long post abiut finally CFC is showing some weakness then I realized I have now lived long enough to become zeroniss. So I am resubbing today and gonna become active again so I can quit that shit lol.

I'm so proud of you :cry:

I poked zeroniss on facebook told him a bit of current events told him to just poke his head in. Lets see if it worked >_>
<<

Robnik Charante

Portrait

Post 2016.03.26 17:26

This is getting to be dangerously close to an actual war. Large groups losing their staging, SCSAAs dying, cringey morale posting, quality propaganda... I eagerly await a real response from CFC.
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2016.03.26 23:38

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4 ... ar_on_cfc/

Well, if that's legit then get ready for war.
<<

Andy Koraka

Portrait

Post 2016.03.27 01:18

<<

Alto DeRaqwar

Portrait

Post 2016.03.27 08:48

Oh gods; Reddit right now...so many dank memes. This shit is giving me cancer.
Señor Personnel Officer

Image Image

Image Image Image
<<

Sabre A

Portrait

Post 2016.03.27 18:47

Its legit, All the alliances are officially declaring war like the old days. The 2nd Great War has started. I think this calls for MA to start a new thread :twisted:
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.03.27 19:40

Sabre A wrote:Its legit, All the alliances are officially declaring war like the old days. The 2nd Great War has started. I think this calls for MA to start a new thread :twisted:

But has it REALLY started?

It seems mostly propaganda and chest beating so far

<<

Andy Koraka

Portrait

Post 2016.03.28 00:44

Might be a little too early to call it the 'second great war'.

None of the attackers really have anything riding on the outcome of the war, so while they're basically immune to CFC counterattack there's also nothing actually forcing people to commit. Thus it's a legitimate question how many of the groups are going to flake off and not put in the effort to actually win a Fozziesov war against the CFC when running entosis stops being 'fun' and turns into max tryhard grinding.

Right now I think it surprised a lot of folks how fast the CFC pulled out of Vale which is probably what convinced several of the alliances in the Planned Parenthood coalition to commit, the old blood in the water effect.
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.03.28 03:01

And tbh isn't this the 4th great war?

Bob1, Bob2, NC, and this one (if it's real and goes beyond being a reddit war)

<<

Daniel Wittaker

Portrait

Post 2016.03.28 03:29

Andy Koraka wrote:Right now I think it surprised a lot of folks how fast the CFC pulled out of Vale which is probably what convinced several of the alliances in the Planned Parenthood coalition to commit, the old blood in the water effect.

The region is indefensible and it took us four months to learn that fact. Taking it only gives us something to hit back at. Only TEST actually wants to win something, and tbh, the worst thing that could happen to them is to actually get something.
<<

Apothne

Portrait

Post 2016.03.28 04:08

No matter how this war ends up, it's fun as f*ck right now. Roll on the fights.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2016.03.28 14:29

Master Akira wrote:But has it REALLY started?

There's been a lot of fairly big fights.

We gave away our sov because fighting Goons was more fun than abiding to a NIP, only to find that half of DRF joined us. First, TRI & pals, and then what EN24 calls the Walker Drones, i.e. the northern part of DRF space which consists of a ton of smallish, mostly nullbear, alliances. So we've re-blued most of the guys we had reset.

INIT. has lost its space, it's practically over save for some further entosising. They fought, but with half of New Eden declaring open season on Goons, and every roaming gang in range dogpiling whenever it looked like there were kills to be had, it was a foregone conclusion. I doubt RAZOR space can be defended, and C02 has lost some major ISK in the form of super-producing towers. There is some fairly strong #whereisgoons feeling there.

This is part of the battle for The Initiative's capital system: https://youtu.be/x-NguBHZ1_o?t=510 (which has fallen, and I don't think will be retaken). Imperial reinforcements were ~300 but that ended up not being enough.

According to the head of LAWN, giving up Vale "frees us from the burden of sov" and they will "go back to being" (but have they ever been?) a leaner, meaner PVP alliance, living off moons captured in NPC 0.0, but don't worry guys, our Imperium mates have set aside some ratting space for us so you'll have some quality bearing time between ops, but we want to do more pvp and shed some useless fat, but we'll be nomadic, but whadaya mean I'm contradicting myself?
https://soundcloud.com/skymea/lawn-alli ... aving-vale here's the soundcloud if you want to lol a bit.

Mittens said it was a cunning Fabian strategy, let attackers exhaust themselves on meaningless sov that the Imperium would then harrass back (but... I thought Vale was too far to fight over? Which is it?). This completely ignores the fact that only a minority of the attackers care about the sov, most are in there for the sheer joy of hitting the Goons with SRP. Content, Goons tears & spin, SRP... what more do you want?

So I'd say it's starting with a fairly big bang. Definitely a major event, the eastern Imperium regions are probably going to go. From there to "Deklein in May", though? I don't think so. The Imperium coffers hold enough spare ships and ISK to provide full SRP to those pets who lost assets for a good long while, Imperium mobilization is just beginning, while the attackers will probably lose momentum at some point. Entosising is a grind, and there probably will be bickering over spoils, PL killing some non-Goons because dank kills, or whatever.
Don't know if this will evolve into a real war spanning over several months, but so far it's been a lot of fun, and bigger than anything in the last two years.
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.03.28 16:25

Ok then. I'll make a super hyped up thread then.

Previous

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling