SovNull: Politics and War

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Praetoris Domitian

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 07:42

SovNull: Politics and War

I'm starting this thread in the hope of creating a more balanced, and relatively less biased place for Unis to learn about sov null. A request for such a thread was made here- http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=78859. Though I, and others enjoy the often random banter of the nullsec trolling threads it seems like a good idea to have a thread dedicated to helping unis understand what's behind the smack talking, how wars start, who the players are, and how they're related. I'd appreciate the aid of my fellow alumni, of differing alliances in bringing this thread informative content. Likewise I'd like us all to do our best to keep this thread free of smack talk, posting about posting, off topic conversations, and snide comments. This is for the benefit of unis for whom we should feel a responsibility to help educate, as this institution educated us.

As a disclaimer, and so you understand how my views may be inadvertently influenced, I am a pilot in Shiva, a member of Nulli Secunda, which is a part of N3 Coalition.

And so, maps-

This map is updated daily. http://dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

We begin with the ClusterFuck Coalition [CFC]. As seen outlined in red.

SPOILER WARNING!

This is a chart of the alliances in the CFC.

SPOILER WARNING!

The CFC is the largest coalition by characters, and likely by pilots, as well as alliances (15). It's headed, and was founded by Goonswarm Federation, which is also home to the largest number of CFC pilots. The political, and some might say, spiritual head of the CFC is TheMittani. Many of you may know him from his gaming site http://themittani.com/. Recent changes to it's composition include the creation of The Bastion http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/The_Bastion. It was formed from the CFC alliances Gentlemen's Agreement, and Li3 Federation, after issues of burnout in their leadership. Secondly (and not yet registered on Dingo) is Forged of Fire http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Forged_of_Fire. Created by the corporation The Graduates after an amiable break from Razor.

Effects of Phoebe: The CFC also once owned the regions Delve, Querious, and Period Basis south of Fountain. Due to changes in Phoebe, the CFC chose to cede these regions. TheMittani announced on his site that the regions were sold to alliances of the N3 coalition. Though no public confirmation of a sale was made by N3, there's also been no denial of the claim. Likewise details of the nature of the sale haven't been disclosed.

Pandemic Legion-

Pandemic Legion founded in early 2007 by the corporations Sniggerdly, and North Eastern Swat is a highly influential alliance, especially for it's size. Numbering a bit over two thousand characters, it's rumored to have little over two hundred actual members. Despite this, it prides itself on the ability to fight outnumbered using superior firepower, and tactics. Pandemic Legion is led by Sniggerdly CEO, Grath Telkin.

Effects of Phoebe: Shortly before Phoebe, PL entered into an agreement with Legion of Death to place the regions of Cobalt Edge, Outer Passage, and Kalevala Expanse under Legion of Death's renter alliance Shadow of Death.

Legion of xXDEATHXx heads a small coalition including a number of small russian alliances based out of Geminate, and Cache. It also includes a renter alliance Shadow of xXDEATHXx, seen here outlined in pink.

SPOILER WARNING!

Legion of xXDEATHXx, and it's satellite alliances have friendly relations with both PL, and the CFC.

Total Absolution- http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Total_Absolution was recently created from elements of a russian based alliance from the past known as White Noise. It's renter alliance Absolution Alliance has already obtained 37 corps, over 2000 pilots, and been given/sold 129 systems in the Etherium Reach, and Perrigen Falls regions. The regions of Etherium Reach, and Perrigen Falls which were owned by N3 renter alliance Northern Associates. were recently handed to Absolution Alliance. The details of each of these agreements have yet to be disclosed. As seen here in yellow outline-

SPOILER WARNING!

Here we have the N3 Coalition, and it's renter alliance Northern Associates.

SPOILER WARNING!

And it's alliances (13).

SPOILER WARNING!

N3 Coalition is managed in large part by the alliances Northern Coalition. (not an actual coalition in itself), and Nulli Secunda. Systems in the coalition are allotted to alliances according to their participation in previous wars. Northern Coalition is considered (with good reason) to be the senior, and more experienced of the partners, although Nulli Secunda is heavily involved in both the maintenance of the renter alliance, as well as coalition military operations. Likewise a number of the more junior alliances participate closely with the two. Northern Associates is Eve's largest alliance by systems, outposts, members, and corps.

Proviblock is a neutral coalition in the context of CFC/N3 hostilities, and is named for it's home region of Providence.

SPOILER WARNING!

Here is the chart.

SPOILER WARNING!

Proviblock is lead by the alliance Curatores Veritatis Alliance. Known for it's policy of NRDS (not red - don't shoot) it is run somewhat as a confederation, with CVA at it's head. Alliances produce their own income separately unlike N3 which uses it's renter alliance to fund coalition projects.

HERO Coalition is the newest to enter sovnull.

SPOILER WARNING!

Their alliance chart.

SPOILER WARNING!

HERO Coalition was formed during the Halloween War. Founded by Brave Collective, TEST, Spaceship Samurai, and Nexus Fleet, it is lead by Lychton Kondur of Brave Collective. During the Halloween War, TEST, Nexus fleet, and Spaceship Samurai fought on the side of N3, and PL against Stainwagon (Russians of the Stain region), Black Legion, SOLAR, and the CFC. Late in the war these alliances left N3, and it's influence to join Brave Collective in this new coalition. More recently Nexus Fleet was disbanded as an alliance, moved into Nulli Secunda as a corporation, and has since left. As well HERO coalition has gained the alliances Bloodline, and Of Sound Mind. Having removed the remnants of Against All Authorities (an alliance that was against N3 in the war) from it's region of Catch, it is now fully moved into the region. Though it doesn't have an official blue standing, or any declared allegiance to N3, many feel it's within the sphere of political influence of it's larger, eastern neighbor.

Stainwagon Coalition composed of C0VEN, Soviet-Union, The Afterlife., Drop the Hammer, and Against ALL Authorities is the reformed coalition of the same name that fought against N3, and PL during the Halloween War of 2013/2014. Having begun their recovery from their losses, and retreating to their ancestral NPC null home of Stain, they've started making headway back into sov.

SPOILER WARNING!

Drop the Hammer has moved it's forces supported by towers into the N3/NA. region of Omist supported by it's fellow coalition members. At the same time several of the other alliances are pushing into the region of Esoteria to the south. Against ALL Authorities has promised to remove HERO coalition from it's old sov home of Catch.

To my fellow alumni, feel free to add any news you hear/read, tell tales of fights, and teach history lessons. However please refrain as best you can from provoking each other, and arguing. I would very much like to see posts from all sides, focused on educational content.

To current Unis, feel free to ask any questions regarding current politics, the history of sovnull, or the positive sides of corps/alliances. Please do not ask questions which may provoke arguing as to why one party feels another is "terrible". No Poking The Bears.
Last edited by Praetoris Domitian on 2014.11.27 02:35, edited 15 times in total.
<<

Baro Gaar

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 08:09

Re: SovNull: Politics and War

Thank you Praetoris Domitian, it's really awesome to be taken seriously like this!

There are a lot of new players around and most of us (as far as I know) are actually trying to get into the huge political scheme that is Sov Null, but it's not easy to grasp. We have to understand the lines in the sand and put names to the iconic leaders and bannermen before we can even understand what the smack-talk is all about. I hope we can keep this thread a bit more objective than what usually goes on in this forum-section (although there are some good information to be had already) and I hope you find time to update this now and then, specially when the lines change, coalitions change, new powers rise or old crumble.
Where did my sig go?
<<

Apoth Gerrish

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 08:32

It's WAFFLES.

Great OP!
<<

Shirralia

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 09:04

As if on cue, Nexus Fleet, one of the founding alliances of the HERO coalition is leaving HERO, mostly disbanding and joining Nulli Secunda under the corp ticker Nexus Fleet Inc. Some members will be joining Caladrius Alliance under Oni Industries, which is a Japanese speaking corp.

TMC article on the matter: http://themittani.com/news/nexus-fleet- ... oining-s2n

Both corps are returning to N3 member alliances, and are as far as I know being welcomed back with open arms.
<<

Gabriel Finch

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 13:35

For some further context to the first map Praetoris posted above (which represents the current situation in Nullsec), here is the same map as of October 31, the day that both started and gave the Halloween War its name. A TMC Article about the first action of that war, in which Solar Fleet, fresh from losing a war to N3+PL in the Drone Lands (to the northeast of the map) allied with Against All Authorities, Darkness of Despair, and others, and took the offensive in the south against N3.

SPOILER WARNING!

Compare that with Praetoris' original image (minus the wonderful MS-paint-ing):

SPOILER WARNING!

You'll see that, other than some reshuffling of who has N3 space (less Nexus and Pangu space), very little has changed from that point to now. If you look at that map two weeks from now, however, expect to see the stretch of space owned by Hand of Despair (in the bottom right corner) to disappear and be replaced by Nulli or NC. space, as Hand of Despair is currently in a two-week cease fire to evac their assets and turn their space over.

Don't let the seeming lack of change deceive you, though; there have been some significant battles and large swaths of space have changed hands. This is a map one week after the battle of B-R, the most expensive battle in EVE history that saw the loss of 60+ titans, most of them on the N3 side:

SPOILER WARNING!

I'm sure other people will fill in the gaps of how the war started, how we got to B-R, and how we got to now.

Personally, though, I'd love to hear about some of the older wars, involving the old Northern Coalition, Morsus Mihi, and others. We've all heard a bit about the great BoB disbanding, but I'm sure there are other conflicts equally as interesting.
Former:
Teacher | Graduate | WHC Member | NSC Member
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 15:32

In the spirit of keeping this thread clean and informative, I'd like to suggest that ongoing events and news should go to the regular numbered thread, and keep this one for settled history.

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Zeroniss

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 16:31

MA we should ask if we can get you nominated as a nullsec forum moderator ;)
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 18:31

Zeroniss wrote:MA we should ask if we can get you nominated as a nullsec forum moderator ;)

Something I could get behind

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Brakoo

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 19:01

I nominate myself, as I am the SHIVA forum mod
Like my sig? Click on it and find out how to get one!
<<

Oh Takashawa

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 19:37

I used to be stealth global mod of the entire eve-uni forums, so I am the obvious choice given my experience.
<<

NightCypher

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 20:13

How the f*ck can you clowns not keep a serious thread on topic for even one page?
Shiva - Director of HR and Recruitment
Ex-ILN BG3 LT-JG and TF21 Security Liason, Ex-Senior Personnel Officer

Shiva is recruiting!
<<

Oh Takashawa

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 20:45

NightCypher wrote:How the f*ck can you clowns not keep a serious thread on topic for even one page?

Mate I'm not even trolling, I legit was a gloabl mod of the uni forums for like a year.
<<

Megarom

Portrait

Post 2014.03.25 20:58

Oh Takashawa wrote:Mate I'm not even trolling, I legit was a global mod of the uni forums for like a year, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

SPOILER WARNING!
I'm genuinely sorry and ashamed for this no content post, but I hope you will understand that when these things pop into your head you feel you owe it to the world to share them.
Thank you BG2 for giving me honor in kill form.
<<

NightCypher

Portrait

Post 2014.03.26 01:12

I said nothing about you trolling Taka, I'm well aware of the positions you held in the uni. The comment was about how an attempt was made to start an actually informative thread for unistas and within 7 posts it's being derailed into some kind of Master Akira for forum moderator campaign, which is made even more amusing by the fact that he's not logged in enough to be able to follow what he's moderating :P

I know Venezuela is in the middle of a massive shitstorm right now, I don't expect him to play, but you can see the humor in it I'm sure.

Edit: Also, I'm now offtopic posting about being off topic. This gets better and better.
Shiva - Director of HR and Recruitment
Ex-ILN BG3 LT-JG and TF21 Security Liason, Ex-Senior Personnel Officer

Shiva is recruiting!
<<

Praetoris Domitian

Portrait

Post 2014.03.26 01:23

Apoth Gerrish wrote:It's WAFFLES.

Great OP!

Thank you. :D

I also gave you back your dot. OP has been updated to reflect the changes due to the dissolution of Nexus Fleet.
Next

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling