SovNull: Politics and War

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Razk Geary

Portrait

Post 2015.04.07 15:37

Re: SovNull: Politics and War

I just want to say thanks, is avery good primer to try to understand what is going around, and what's with all the news around brave and all the other hundred names that don't mean a thing for anoob (newbro?) Like me
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2015.04.12 12:20

Looking at the current influence map, can anyone shed some light about the entities that have popped up?

xXLegion of DeathXx, with their renters Shadows of death: some Russians that were neutral, that PL sold their rental empire to, and that fought with other Russian entities over these areas. These are the ones I know most about (also, we often get exits there, dunno why).

Hard Alliance, Alternate Allegiance, Gatekeepers Universe: who are these dudes?

Absolution Alliance: friends of SOLAR's that fought the xXDeathXx guys?

SOLAR FLEET: how come they have so little, and so far from NPC 0.0?

Red Alliance: more Russians that attacked N3 along with GE and RA, right? But what flavor?

Gorgon Empire: people The Mittani is very fond of both on TMC and his podcasts, since they've captured space off of N3. Beyond that...?

Rebel Alliance of New Eden: new guys who hoped to fill a power vacuum, and that everyone else calls bad. Former N3 renters, then freed with the task of defending the area, and now turned coats when the going got bad?

Blue Alliance: ditto?

TEST: aren't they supposed to be in Wicked Creek?

Dream Fleet: with GE and RA, but what's the difference?

Uncharted Space (next to Nulli): wazzat?

Thanks in advance for any answers, even partial ones.

EDIT: some answers in this EN24 article
<<

Secondary Khanid

Portrait

Post 2015.04.12 19:14

xXLegion of DeathXx is the alliance of the oldschool player xXDeathXx. Both PL and Goons consider him to be a great man. He voluntarily and on his own held off basically all the BoB pets in the south during the 2007 cleansing of Delve. PL takes basically any contract he offers. PL sold him BoT (both the space and the renters). They are hostile to SOLAR in recent history.

Hard Alliance, Alternate Allegiance, Gatekeepers Universe: Who knows? PHOEBE IS WORKING!!!!!!

Absolution Alliance is a minor alliance that appears to be allied to Legion of Death.

SOLAR FLEET is Mactep's alliance. He was one of the PvP masterminds behind the oldschool Red Alliance along with xXDeathXx. Known for having a nasty temper. Goons love him, PL is neutral, he hates PL after we took all his space and deadzoned his assets. Very good, very ballsy player.

Gorgon Empire are the best Rus PvPers. They were the best Darkness of Despair, and they were Darkside before that. Live in Curse and ownzone everyone. One of the very best AT teams.

I don't know RANE or Blue Alliance. I think RANE has been around the block a few times as a minor alliance in the east and southeast of Eve.

TEST are in Wicked Creek post HERO. They're trying to stand on their own two feet again. They're currently likely the strongest alliance in Wicked Creek, which is Balkanizing into a complicated hotbed of allegiances and conflicts (MORE PHOEBE SUCCESS).

Dream Fleet is a splinter off of SOLAR after Mactep's leadership failed to secure a win in the Halloween war and his activity faltered.

Uncharted Space I believe are new (THANKS PHOEBE).
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Post 2015.04.12 19:30

I think Absolution Alliance a client alliance of Total Absolution who are mostly old White Noise players.
<<

JetStream Drenard

Portrait

Post 2015.04.12 21:38

Secondary Khanid wrote:xXLegion of DeathXx is the alliance of the oldschool player xXDeathXx. Both PL and Goons consider him to be a great man. He voluntarily and on his own held off basically all the BoB pets in the south during the 2007 cleansing of Delve. PL takes basically any contract he offers. PL sold him BoT (both the space and the renters). They are hostile to SOLAR in recent history.

One weird thing I see is on this map. http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/coal ... 150412.png Still shows PL as being the 'coalition' of BoT and also GateKeepers Universe. Everything, I have read and what you just said is that PL sold it all.

Secondary Khanid wrote:Uncharted Space I believe are new (THANKS PHOEBE).

But apparently not very good https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99005298/ Great null sec alliance name though.
<<

Paledan Safemal

Portrait

Post 2015.04.13 06:31

Thanks much for the information.

Some new tidbits (one is included in my OP, after reading the EN24 article):

- RANE has been living and owning space in Wicked Creek for at least 3 years, according to some local residents who also called them mostly carebears. According to the EN24 article, they rented from N3 before being enlisted to defend the space as bottom-tier N3 members and are now allied to Gorgon Empire and trying to hold on to it.

- Dream Fleet seems to have a particularly high ratio of supercaps to players, here is what zkillboard says about it though I'm not sure how special it makes them as I know next to nothing about supercap warfare.

Irrelevant tidbit: does everybody call this guy SOLAR guy "mack tep"? I think I heard Mittens call him that on his podcast. MACTEP = MASTER in Russian, pronounced mass tier, which I thought was both obvious and easy to say. Mactep doesn't work in the cyrillic alphabet, but if that's what everybody calls him that's fine, just being curious.
<<

Praetoris Domitian

Portrait

Post 2015.04.13 14:07

Yes. Non-Russian speakers call him MACTEP. Some do it knowing the meaning, and proper pronunciation.
<<

Secondary Khanid

Portrait

Post 2015.04.13 21:11

JetStream Drenard wrote:
Secondary Khanid wrote:Uncharted Space I believe are new (THANKS PHOEBE).

But apparently not very good https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99005298/ Great null sec alliance name though.

That's the best type of new.
<<

Erasmus Grant

Portrait

BANNED
BANNED

Post 2015.04.16 04:02

Mayday this is a mayday Darkeshi leadership apparently has no leadership skills. Calling for Sisters of EVE fleet to break thru the BL, CFC, and Pizza hell camp at 1-SMEB. The hell camp on station has been going on for days to deliver much needed leadership skills and intestinal fortitude.
Previous

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling