ENOUGH WITH THE ASSR

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Jaha Preynar

Portrait

Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post 2017.06.30 14:16

ENOUGH WITH THE ASSR

Just saying MAN oh MAN do people have to stop whining about the price of ASSR... In chat , on FB, in Redit!!!!
Christ alive! Its pricey...SO WHAT!??! BOOOOO hoooooo thats why its a FREE MARKET economy structure.... supply- and demand!

That is all
Image Image Image ImageImageImage Image Image ImageImageImage

ImageImage Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Teaching Director
Teaching Director

Post 2017.07.01 08:12

Re: ENOUGH WITH THE ASSR

Can I bring you a cookie and some warm coco?
<<

Apothne

Portrait

Post 2017.07.01 15:42

What's an ASSR?
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.01 17:43

Most likely a wee bit of rearranging the As and S' for the Small Ancillary Armor Repairer (SAAR), based on the context of the post :)
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Post 2017.07.01 17:51

Jaha Preynar wrote:Just saying MAN oh MAN do people have to stop whining about the price of ASSR... In chat , on FB, in Redit!!!!
Christ alive! Its pricey...SO WHAT!??! BOOOOO hoooooo thats why its a FREE MARKET economy structure.... supply- and demand!

That is all

Soooooo . . . CCP messed with the drop rates for SAARs, the supply was massively reduced by an outside intervention, and approximately a third of T1 PvP frigates' fit price increased by 200%-300%, and you think this is a "free market"?

Yeah, you and CCP Quant should form a club of people who don't know a damn thing about economics or game balance.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
<<

HyperFlareX

Portrait

Post 2017.07.01 17:59

TOP 1% OF THE TOP 1%

<<

Lisa Nardieu

Portrait

Post 2017.07.01 17:59

Apothne wrote:What's an ASSR?

+1
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2017.07.02 08:32

Admit it Jaha, you just got a 50 run SAAR BPC drop don't you! :lol:
"In Blasters I Trust"

<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2017.07.02 11:09

Jaha Preynar wrote:Just saying MAN oh MAN do people have to stop whining about the price of ASSR... In chat , on FB, in Redit!!!!

That is all

Maybe if you didn't have a non-existent killboard I'd be inclined to listen to you, however it appears you don't have any PvP experience at all and therefore most likely cannot fathom how goddamn annoying it is for frigate PvPers to have to spend such monumental amounts in comparison to the hull cost to remain competitive.

That is all.
<<

Xana McBash

Portrait

Post 2017.07.02 11:28

*facepalm*

8/10 Nice bait... Made me rage a little
<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2017.07.02 11:39

Xana McBash wrote:8/10 Nice bait... Made me rage a little

I checked the sub and thought it might be bait, but with his kb and post history you could never be sure :thinking:
<<

Jaha Preynar

Portrait

Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post 2017.07.05 05:06

LoL you know... its funny... I have an issue with the AAR as well!!! I keep calling it the SSRA or something.

My irritation is LESS with the fact that people are not happy with the price or drop rate. That all fine and good. Im not happy with the price of a Starbucks coffee and Airport Departure fees too..... but they are not necessities. Sure they are great, and my day is A LOT easier when Ive had coffee... ESPECIALLY if all the people I have to deal with have had THEIR coffee..... and Id rather fly Business then coach... but that dosent mean I cannot do my job without coffee or get to my destination if im not in a better seat at the front of the plane....

Its the same thing.... this disproportion of "actual issue" vs "amount of saltiness" in EVERY SINGLE corner and venue of eve is just ridiculous. Like... fly differently..... do something different until the price changes or something... spend a week doing NOTHING but data sites and get yourself some BPC for the damn thing.... PLEX a $5 package into isk and buy yourself 40 of the Small.Ancillary.Armor.Repair and horde them and then buy more and more and corner the market and then once you have them all ... FLOOD THE market with them and either charge 300mil each for them and become an EVE tycoon and own all of the things and then quit out of boredom.... or be altruistic and sell them all for 1- isk and a frozen corpse and bottom out the price for the other people selling them and then self destruct in space with a freighter full of frozen corpses leaving a cloud of bodies and quit and go down as an eve legend that people will tell their newbros about...."and if you've been a very good capsuleer , and you pray to bob and you leave an offering of a frozen corpse at just the right location in jita, on the right day.... the ghost of the pilot who we only know by the call sign ASSR will leave you a SAAR module in your cargo hold during down time".

I just simply dont see how the temporarily or irritatingly high price of a frigate module is SUCH a big deal for the out right insane arguments people are having. Its just space pew-pew-pew ... its supposed to be fun... and there is ALOT of fun to be had EVEN IF 1 vs 1 frigate combat is the crack in your pipe!

And to assume that I no nothing about PVP because my uni character has an abysmal KB is apocryphal at best. I think there are alot of things to do in eve other then PVP.. .I think a logi pilot might know a lot about pvp but have a bad KB, I also think that any player who has been in game; whether on-and-off or consistently, since Revelations I unless they are uniquely fixated... would see a bigger game. Part of the amazing thing that is EVE Online is that is IS dynamic... and there IS a myriad of things to do... I dont see the point in so intensely polluting the community with such acrimonious diatribe at EVERY possible avenue or outlet.

Where's the fun in that?

How many new players quit shortly after beginning because of the insane blithering about this issue and others?? Especially when it includes stuff like "you just cant play without that module" "you'll just loose your ship" (especially when the new players SHIP was alot of isk for them LET ALONE a module that cost 5 times their ship, or how about "yeah eve is broken", "eve is dying" , " its done".... wow.... sound fun... woooooooooooo hooo.

Of course most of us know that that is nonsense... and the same crap has been slagged around , debated ad nauseam BEFORE about some module or ship or change or nerf or whatever flavor of the month the Lords of Salt declared was going to be the undoing of the game.....

I doubt that will change... ever... I guess what it REALLY boils down to... is I enjoy eve... ALOT. and the more people that join and enjoy it like I do... ONLY benefits me MORE!!! Every person that is scared off by the "trash talk" is one LESS person that I get to play with. And why would I want the sandbox to myself.... why would ANYONE?? Surely SURELY there are better things to do... like I said... play the game differently... PILOT differently... I totally refuse the assertion that a single module is the absolute crux on which your success and enjoyment rests in a game so vast and where ships or a class of ships can be fit sooooo many ways it boggles the mind.... its just silly.

or at LEAST if HALF of the people complaining would disengage from the argument.. .and if those who are convinced that the game willl simply die if something is not done and that all the "real" players in eve will quit if they havent already..... well then they should quit yapping and focus that passion constructively... last I checked... companies like to continue being in business... like 100% of them.... and if this "all knowing" group of cranky loudmouths really are the genius pillars of the game they think they are and they know better then everyone including the people who make the game, own the company that makes the game, and the rest of the people that play the game.... then can they not use their time and energy to IMPROVE the game, HELP the game, rather then just be gross?

Im not a care-bear but i see no need to be a grumpy-bear, or troll either. Well maybe a LITTLE troll... but a well intended one.

<<

Jaha Preynar

Portrait

Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post 2017.07.05 05:14

Dunar Dolorgiet wrote:Can I bring you a cookie and some warm coco?

OMG I would LOVE a cookie and hot coco!!!! With Bailey's???

<<

Jaha Preynar

Portrait

Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post 2017.07.05 11:14

Ersin Oghuz wrote:Admit it Jaha, you just got a 50 run SAAR BPC drop don't you! :lol:

If only.. then I could retire... I have 3 modules in 3 random stations in regions I dont even remember being in... and I have a BPC in NEY with 2 runs on it.

Truth be told I covet my 20 runs of Gnosis WAY MORE.

<<

Stasia Ohau

Portrait

Post 2017.07.07 15:27

https://community.eveonline.com/news/pa ... 7-release/

The procurement officers for major pirate factions across New Eden have been struggling to supply enough Small Ancillary Armor Repairers to equip their fleets, and their previous fallback of making up the difference from purchases on the open market is starting to require an ever-larger portion of their budget. Consequently, they have requested that their in-house research and manufacturing divisions increase output of these modules significantly until their module stockpiles have recovered. For a limited time, the chance of obtaining Small Ancillary Armor Repairer blueprint copies from attacks against pirate data sites has increased massively.
Next

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling