NullSec Thread 12: The being pleasant to each other one

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Apothne

Portrait

Post 2016.08.08 16:39

NullSec Thread 12: The being pleasant to each other one

Goons are no longer in the North, the Imperium a shell of its former self. Choosing to take Delve and rebuild to enact bitter vengeance on their rivals. The Russians are infighting, allainces and wars are breaking up across Sovreign null space. Structures are being deployed and developed, as are pirate supercapitals. RR Bombers *may* be a thing.
<<

Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Portrait

Post 2016.08.08 16:53

Re: NullSec Thread 12: The being pleasant to each other one

"bitter vengeance"? Ok, they are bitter.. but where is vengeance? We're still talking goons here.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

<<

Anya en Ruddhisa

Portrait

Post 2016.08.08 18:03

SPO | Graduate | LSC | WHC | Mercenary

ImageImageImage

nervos belli, pecuniam infinitam
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2016.08.08 18:11

Neonen Enderas wrote:"bitter vengeance"? Ok, they are bitter.. but where is vengeance? We're still talking goons here.

There's no more bitterness. Goons are ratting their hearts out again, nothing else matters.
<<

Swguru

Portrait

Post 2016.08.08 22:28

Thread name does not compute, please help :ccp:
Former ILN BG1 - Former Recruitment Officer - Still Insane
ImageImage
<<

Master Akira

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 01:33

Let's talk about downfalls.

Over the course of human history, we have been witness to many rise and falls, of individuals, groups, collectives, nations, empires and entire races. When historians say that those that "those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it", they are basically saying that we, as a collective of souls, have a very short memory regarding the mistakes we make and the reasons that cause those falls.

So let's talk a bit about those mistakes. About those falls that are such an important part of who we are.

It can be argued that Trust is one of the biggest mistakes a person can make, since it inevitably leads to Betrayal. Interestingly, the history of the biggest downfalls is usually accompanied by one or two betrayals that accelerated or directly caused them. So, I am here to talk to you about Betrayals, to preach with my example, how this world we live in is designed in such a way that the moment you least expect it, shit hits the fan and the guy you least expected decides to pull off a fast one on you.

I mean, if Caesar was stabbed in the back by his alumni Brutus, Leonidas was sold for women and booze by that crippled guy, and even Lord Jesus was sold for a few coins by his dear pupil, why should I, a simple bittervet peasant, be exempt from Betrayal? Because Betrayed I was oh my brothers, and you are all witnesses to it right now. Apothne, that little kid I helped groom so many years ago, that little ginger with a bad taste for corps and a late sexual initiation that I helped guide into the the vast abyss of Eve stardom, decided to break and crush that sacred tradition that is The Nullsec Thread. He stole my OP, and he did so without warning and without remorse, single-handedly destroying SEVEN full years of lore and badposting, taking down my rule over 9 Named Nullsec Threads.

It was one of the few joys left in my life: choosing an appropriate witty title, drafting the initial post that will steer the feral cats that lurk in the thread... all of that taken away in a click. Oh I don't know if I can take it!... Sighs. I guess I cannot blame him, he saw a chance and seized it, like any good Eve player would. I guess I will have to live on with this knife in my back, my trust on a reasonable staff of mods shattered.

All I can hope now my dear IVY lurkers, is that your new nullsec guide manages to keep us clear of abusive and unneeded locks. That our threads grow long and full of badposts. That Syd continues to write with his usual unabridged imbecility for our amusement. That Sabre stops losing Titans to stupid traps. That the Gallastian resubs, and we finally go on that promised Chimera roam to Valhalla. That Daniel posts again to explain to us when is the Reconquista going to happen, for real this time. That the Uni kiddos see us and realize that there's such a big big universe outside the constraints of the Uni, and maybe come to one of our corps (Not the bastion, you can do better seriously). That's all I wish from this.

The thread is yours Apothne. For now.

TL;DR: YOU f***ing GINGER BASTARD YOU STOLE MY f***ing THREAD I AM GOING TO f***ing KILL YOU AND THEN STEAL IT BACK.

Damn you 120px image height constraint >.<
<<

Calrik Aakiwa

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 03:48

Master Akira wrote:
TL;DR: YOU f***ing GINGER BASTARD YOU STOLE MY f***ing THREAD I AM GOING TO f***ing KILL YOU AND THEN STEAL IT BACK.

Sorry Master Akira... Apothne can't hear you.

feelthelove.jpg
He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces. He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks. He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared. He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.
-Sun Tzu
<<

Neonen Enderas (Biomassed 2017.06.23)

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 05:18

Leevi Serafin wrote:
Neonen Enderas wrote:"bitter vengeance"? Ok, they are bitter.. but where is vengeance? We're still talking goons here.

There's no more bitterness. Goons are ratting their hearts out again, nothing else matters.

Maybe it's time for WWB II? Guys? Anyone?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Did someone say "Stealthbomber"? Explosions? And ECM? I'm in! Let's blow shit up! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

<<

White 0rchid

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 10:33

You guys behave yourselves while I'm away you hear.

See you on the other side friends.
<<

Anya en Ruddhisa

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 11:27

SPO | Graduate | LSC | WHC | Mercenary

ImageImageImage

nervos belli, pecuniam infinitam
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 12:51

Neonen, we'd have to get WWB I first. I didn't see a war.

Also my phone autocorrects your name to "nonentity", take that as you will.
<<

Rhomnir Korba

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 13:42

Leevi Serafin wrote:Neonen, we'd have to get WWB I first. I didn't see a war.

Of course you didn't. That would have required undocking and forming a viable, capable defense :P

-- Rhomnir
Career Brick-Tank Pilot and ex-LSC Officer | ex-NSC | ex-WHC | (former) Shiva/NC. | Merc Coalition.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Bob qui sunt eius
<<

Apothne

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 15:32

Master Akira wrote:TL;DR: YOU f***ing GINGER BASTARD YOU STOLE MY f***ing THREAD I AM GOING TO f***ing KILL YOU AND THEN STEAL IT BACK.

I assumed in your old age (partially by the fact you have now lost so much of your sight you think I'm ginger) that it would do well for you not to have to worry about these young whippersnappers and their silly NullSec threads. Maybe considering joining the PL retirement home for aged capsuleers?
<<

Asekie

Portrait

Post 2016.08.09 21:38

The times they are a-changin'

Except the shit posts, they will never go away.
<<

Leevi Serafin

Portrait

Post 2016.08.10 12:06

Rhomnir Korba wrote:
Leevi Serafin wrote:Neonen, we'd have to get WWB I first. I didn't see a war.

Of course you didn't. That would have required undocking and forming a viable, capable defense :P

-- Rhomnir

I undocked all the time. In JFs. Evaccing shit lol.

I'm looking forward to a proper war though. Taking sv in Delve is "fun" for newer people I guess, who don't mind entosising shit for hours on end without getting a fight. At least the ihub bashes in supers were decently quick.
Next

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling