Pandemic Horde Assault on Trading Hubs

Forum rules
While this forum is not exempt from EVE University's communications rules, it is not as heavily moderated as some other forums. Please try to stay on topic and avoid arguments as much as possible.
<<

Ersin Oghuz

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2017.01.19 10:30

Pandemic Horde Assault on Trading Hubs

Hello fellow capsuleers,
Let's discuss about PH assault on trading hubs.
The reasons behind it. The consequences of the assault. The effects on free trade.

It seems it started with a dialogue between two greedy corporations, "Riemannian Manifold Torus" wanted to eliminate the competing Fortizars, "Pandemic Horde" wanted all the profit from Jita trade. Source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5o7lhl/people_of_perimeter_your_traders_have_lied_to_you/

Then after talks failed, PH turned against to RMT and destroying their structures around Perimeter, while making arrangement with other citadel owners. The arragenments are mystery to me but I am guessing PH forcing other structure owners to channel portion of their profits to PH in the name of "protection fee". This is still speculation and needs further confirmation. Sources : https://imperium.news/horde-attempt-takeover-of-highsec-citadels/ & https://imperium.news/pandemic-mafia-horde-moves-highsec-extortion/ (And if that is the case, it will remind me how GSF tried to extort low sec corporations nearby which ended badly for GSF. )

This incident also caused disruption on free trade as well, since traders left with stranded goods at asset safety following to the destruction of the trade hubs they used, while PH constantly reinforcing other trade hubs and forcing traders to use their citadel only.

Here, let's gather our intel and opinions about the incident, discuss and speculate the results.
"In Blasters I Trust"

<<

Intana Kreis

Portrait

Post 2017.01.19 11:56

Re: Pandemic Horde Assault on Trading Hubs

I'm all for it - given that a lot of other conflict drivers seem to have been removed from the game.

In any case, had this not happened, the various highsec merc corps would have tried to do the same. As it happens they are a bit of a paper tiger when faced with opponents like PH, so I assume the current situation will persist unless some other big alliance tries something similar - or the opposition higher more competent mercs.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

<<

Swguru

Portrait

Post 2017.01.19 12:17

At one time Goons owned many hi-sec POCOs; now not so many. I imagine once PH becomes occupied with content in the south/east someone will challenge their market.
Former ILN BG1 - Former Recruitment Officer - Still Insane
ImageImage
<<

Miks Rebelius

Portrait

Post 2017.01.19 19:43

All praise Gobfather

Fighting high sec mercs is boring, camping Jita 4-4 undock is hilarious from time to time and also we made Scourge a little mad as we can find out from their last fleet appearances in our glorious krab kingdom (GME pocket).

P.S. Ask the Russians how do they feel about our carrier swarms. :P
<<

anikingamers Dissconected

Portrait

Post 2017.01.28 14:55

Honestly, I never liked that corp. Never nice to anyone, I never learnt anything there and died more times than I can count.

Return to EVE Politics and Trolling