[EVENT] Guardian's Gala (Feb 13th)

Forum rules
When posting a new Dev Blog or set of Patch Notes please indicate this in the title of the thread e.g. (DEVBLOG). Ensure that you post a link to the CCP site.
<<

Victor Kaj

Portrait

Post 2018.02.12 11:56

[EVENT] Guardian's Gala (Feb 13th)

"I Don't know about everyone else but I'm ready to boost my training again via Cerebral Accelerators. This Guardians Gala Event is going to give all of us that chance, once again. If your someone who wants the same PLEASE train your Biology Skill ASAP, You will Thank me later.... o7"

Guardian’s Gala
13 February - 27 February

The Serpentis Corporation spares no expense when it holds its annual gathering for business partners and allies in its criminal enterprises. Use The Agency to find the Gala sites and crash the celebrations to earn exclusive rewards such as 'Spirit' ship SKINs and Guardian's Gala Cerebral Accelerators. Help law enforcement fight EVE's vile drug cartels and take up the challenge from The Agency starting 13 February! Link to the Feb 13th update is below

Upwell Structures 2.0

- This release will see significant changes to the operation of Upwell structures with the aim of making sizable quality of life improvements.

Assault Frigates Balance Pass

- The February Release will see a substantial balance pass on Assault Frigates.

Eros Blossom SKINs

- The Guardian's Gala will see the appearance of the Eros Blossom SKIN in the New Eden Store in celebration of Valentine's Day. In addition to this SKIN on a total of seven hulls, the Eros Blossom Firework will also be available in the New Eden Store for the duration of the event.

** Full Update - [Web]
** In Development February 2018 - [Vid]
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2018.02.12 16:41

Re: [EVENT] Guardian's Gala (Feb 13th)

The Gala VIP sites have a carrier in place of the final battlecruiser of the regular Gala sites. It launches fighters, 27 of them, and total DPS is roughly 3000 (KIN-EXP, but might change: there's two types of carrier models in the site, a Nidhoggur and a Thanatos). Drops include: the new web implants (almost worthless), event-specific fireworks, a SKIN, and something else relatively minor.

The rats can warp around the deadspace pocket at will, including the fighters. There is a bug where the carrier can be stuck at such a ping spot. Interestingly enough the carrier has 0% resistances. 1K DPS won't really be enough to kill it in a sensible timeframe: a supercarrier, however, does :) (it is not Shadow-bombable though).

Didn't have access to a dread but I think a basic Naglfar should be able to kill it in one or two siege cycles.

There are more specifics, but I'll entertain questions to gauge interest. Yes the VIP sites do spawn in highsec.
<<

Symeon Severasse

Portrait

Post 2018.02.12 18:28

So the rewards for fighting "EVE's vile drug cartels" are... drugs?
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.02.12 19:13

The Accelerators are they +10 accelerators or +12? How long do they last (Base)
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2018.02.13 04:32

Standards are +10, 24hr duration.

Advanced versions are +12, 24hr duration.

Because of the difficulty of the VIP sites, expect their price to be high.
<<

Cryptic Sharvas

Portrait

Post 2018.02.13 15:00

ok so has anyone tried out the standard sites (non VIP) and how have the results been? Anyone got a fit they like for these sites?
Image ImageImageImageImage
<<

K950

Portrait

Post 2018.02.13 15:40

A properly fit and tanked Prophecy should be able to do the sites fine. Standard RLML dual prop dual rep PvE fit with a RAH should do nicely.

For the VIP sites, it gets more difficult. Logistics can usually hold someone alive, but the question is buffer. You can't really smartbomb off the fighters very well, so your best bet may be a special fleet with a high focus on extreme resistances and very high dps (800-1000 DPS per ship).

The cheap 3% web implants are going to be cheap and useless.
<<

Rider Isleman

Portrait

Post 2018.02.14 02:41

Ok, had my VNI smoked doing a VIP site when the Thanatos landed and deployed fighters. My bad for not looking into the specifics of VIP sites ahead of time. Also didn't help that my overview wasn't set up to show ALL "Irregular" ship types so didn't see the Thanatos land on my overview. All I saw was a bunch of large X icons and bailed 2 seconds too late when I saw the fighters on grid. Make sure you have all the "irregular" ship types set to show in your overview when you run these sites. Whether VIP or not.
[url=http://killfeed.eveuniversity.org?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=175968]
Image[/url]

Rumor has it I am not cap stable.
<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.02.14 04:46

I sold 2 regular for 28M each and 2 advanced for 80M each today in Jita. I think prices will come down to 20 and 50, but maybe not much lower. They are more difficult. I think VIP sites spawn more in Low and Null.

I ran 8 sites and think I got 5 of those accelerator drops. The other drops are skins of varying value (5-20M ish?).
ImageImage
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.02.14 12:44

K950 wrote:Interestingly enough the carrier has 0% resistances
I checked the (Khaitetha's) Nidhoggur last night for someone and it had 500k shield hit points, 100k armour hit points and 100k structure hit points with an identical shield and armour resist profile of 60% EM, 50% Thermal, 20% Kinetic and 0% Explosive resistances. So it's not resist-less across the board, just an explosive hole. At least for the Nidhoggur. It's possible the Thanatos differ, but it's unlikely to have no resists; it's far more likely it'll mirror the Nidhoggur's resist profile or have a gallente-like resist profile instead.

Rider Isleman wrote:Also didn't help that my overview wasn't set up to show ALL "Irregular" ship types so didn't see the Thanatos land on my overview.
Make sure you have all the "irregular" ship types set to show in your overview when you run these sites.
It's an age old problem which stems from CCP's design decisions of adding new type of ships and new entity groups for all of them, meaning your old overview settings will not show them by default.

This means that we all have to learn to go through all our relevant presets after any patch/update introducing new NPCs, to make sure we check the newly added entries in the list. The same happens when CCP changes ship classes or adds a new ship class, adds new type of structures or pretty much anything overview related :)
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.02.14 12:54

Cryptic Sharvas wrote:The Accelerators are they +10 accelerators or +12? How long do they last (Base)
K950 wrote:Standards are +10, 24hr duration.

Advanced versions are +12, 24hr duration.
Based on Cryptic's "(Base)" comment, I reckon he might already know this, but for those not aware:

The skill Biology increases the duration effect of attribute boosters (drugs) by +20% per skill level. So people with Biology trained to 1 gets 28 hours and 48 minutes (+4 hours and 48 minutes) and people who took it all the way to 5 will get a 48 hour duration (+24 hours). So while it's not a high priority skill for all players, getting it and training it to 2-3 can easily get you a nice bonus duration for very little effort.
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Post 2018.02.14 15:48

I got a "Proteus Spirit SKIN (Permanent) " but I can't activate it? it says "Invalid Item: Proteus Spirit SKIN (Permanent) is not a SKIN license".
Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

If i view info on the proteus ingame, the Spirit skin does not even show up under the list of skins for the proteus.
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2018.02.14 16:22

Ariea Thellare wrote:I got a "Proteus Spirit SKIN (Permanent) " but I can't activate it? it says "Invalid Item: Proteus Spirit SKIN (Permanent) is not a SKIN license".
Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

If i view info on the proteus ingame, the Spirit skin does not even show up under the list of skins for the proteus.

Think that skin is bugged have same thing on one that droped, I have been messing about with some gila fits and below is the one that works fine for me.

Fit I have been useing for the normal gala sites
SPOILER WARNING!
[Gila, Guardians gala]
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Booster II
'Copasetic' Particle Field Acceleration
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Drone Navigation Computer II
Large Cap Battery II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher
Prototype 'Arbalest' Rapid Light Missile Launcher
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Medium Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Valkyrie II x4

Tracking Speed Script x1
Scourge Light Missile x2792

How i run the site

warp in
drop drones
orbit structure at 20km / activate afterburner
Drop MTU
missiles to kill the little web frigates
Drones to kill cruisers
When battleship comes in drones get place on it, till it pops

once battleship pops the rest of the npc's warp off

Loot example from 3 sites:
SPOILER WARNING!

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,

Return to DevBlogs and Patch Notes