[WHC] Titus математика

Slowdive Aideron

Re: [WHC] Titus математика

Post by Slowdive Aideron »

Good Math Lesson !

I'm glad to hear something positive from the UNI. Way to go bros!!
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I said hi to the Vision Inc T3/guardian fleet as they were whipping around high sec near the AMC and they were hunting their WTs (Vendetta - a high sec 'merc' corp), not that they might have switched interest but they weren't part of the immediate threat it seemed.

I did see one our own bombers killed by the citadel, so what happened there? and Citadels were sold to us by CCP on the basis they should be effective in self-defence but seems clearly not!
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Kora K
Title: Graduate

Post by Kora K »

Zeerse Solaris wrote:I did see one our own bombers killed by the citadel, so what happened there? and Citadels were sold to us by CCP on the basis they should be effective in self-defence but seems clearly not!
I was out hunting when the citadel was attacked, I warped at 100km and died while cloacked. After some discussions, it's the citadel smartbomb system (I don't know the exact name) who killed me. I'm still how I could have been in range while warping at 100km.
Drak N'Gol

Post by Drak N'Gol »

Good job WHC dealing with the immigrants from other campuses who didn't have citadel access, had no ships and many of whom weren't familiar with wormwhole operations or fleet fights like this. Appreciate it took some time to get people sorted, but to be fair I think it took surprisingly little given what was actually happening! :) Nice work, and a great result
Lisa Nardieu

Post by Lisa Nardieu »

Zeerse Solaris wrote:and Citadels were sold to us by CCP on the basis they should be effective in self-defence but seems clearly not!
please, tell me when and where ccp said, that citadels will be able to defend itself against a not terrible fleet?

the citadel is outstanding at supporting a defensive fleet, and it should be that way. It would be terrible risk/reward if it wasn't the case.
Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

Post by Titus Tallang »

Zeerse Solaris wrote:and Citadels were sold to us by CCP on the basis they should be effective in self-defence but seems clearly not!
Citadels are fine, really. If a single structure could take out a 10 Guardian wing, that'd be quite OP.
Kora K wrote:I was out hunting when the citadel was attacked, I warped at 100km and died while cloacked. After some discussions, it's the citadel smartbomb system (I don't know the exact name) who killed me. I'm still how I could have been in range while warping at 100km.
That's an interaction between the citadel's enormous zero sphere (docking range) and the fact that the ALI bookmark in Corp is not actually the citadel, but a spot inside the docking range of the citadel (to make sure you can dock after landing).

Allow me to illustrate using MS Paint:

Hope that makes it clearer!
*creak*
Kora K

Post by Kora K »

Still sad about loosing my trusted little Nemesis, but at least I know why now :D I had a feeling it was linked to the citadel docking range, I'll do personal bookmarks around it then.
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

Kora K wrote:Still sad about loosing my trusted little Nemesis, but at least I know why now :D I had a feeling it was linked to the citadel docking range, I'll do personal bookmarks around it then.
One thing about citadels is that it is mostly safe to warp to zero at them, as long as there aren't bubbles around. You'll immediately tether (in theory - not sure how well that works with the smartbombs in practice), and then you can dock or warp back off if you desire.

When bubbles are a risk you're of course better off warping to a tactical well away from the citadel and unaligned with obvious approach angles. Then you can see what the situation looks like and warp/dock.

The huge docking ring also means that you don't get the whole docking delay that you get with stations either.

Interestingly enough if you warp directly to the citadel you land at the edge of the ring, so I assume warping at range takes you even further out. You'd have to warp something like 80k from our bookmark just to land at the same distance as if you had warped to 0 on the citadel itself.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

BTW, Netan really contributed with the intel about the second fleet. I'm amazed it was spotted 2j out in highsec near a POCO.

That could be a lesson-learned here. Absent such intel, it wouldn't hurt to send a few out poking around the chain/etc before committing anything irreplaceable like caps.

Of course, we were wise about not using them without proper support. The last thing we want is to be scrammed on the undock without the ability to drive off the scrams before reinforcements arrive.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
shappers dovahkin

Post by shappers dovahkin »

Another amazing EVE experience. Inniar catching them stranded on the collapsed hole is one of the things that seems too good to be true sometimes in this game. Will remember that for ever, like the time White Orchid got THAT final blow on the POCO...
Kilgore Troute

Post by Kilgore Troute »

shappers dovahkin wrote:Another amazing EVE experience. Inniar catching them stranded on the collapsed hole is one of the things that seems too good to be true sometimes in this game. Will remember that for ever, like the time White Orchid got THAT final blow on the POCO...
It was truly beautiful warping in on top of them stuck in their own bubble and watching as the uni dealt swift and immediate retribution.
Ishtar Mifune

Post by Ishtar Mifune »

#TitusMath best Math
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Fossum Eclectic

Post by Fossum Eclectic »

:D
Mia Sedgwick

Post by Mia Sedgwick »

If the weapons listed on the killmails are an accurate reflection of how the Fortizar is fit then I'd strongly suggest you try again, also did the Fort deploy Heavy or Support fighters at all?
BobbyRush

Post by BobbyRush »

This was worth resurrecting a thread after 11 months.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image