[WHC] Titus математика

Titus Tallang
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects, Teacher, Puella Magi

[WHC] Titus математика

Post by Titus Tallang »

Well alright, that escalated rather quickly. I log in instead of grabbing food.

However, they have a lot of stuff on grid, so we can't engage. Also...
...yeah that is kind of relevant to our interests.

So, they're baiting our caps. Well, we don't have the numbers to commit them anyway, so we let them continue grinding down the Citadel's shields at a chilly pace and poke other campuses for reinforcement. In the meantime, we mess around with ECM tomfoolery to see if we can make their Logi die to the citadel, but to no avail.
However, in the process, Melkor, Rose and Steffen get caught and podded out. Not sure how that happened, but should've been more careful.

Anyway, reinforcements from other campuses arrive, and WHC members log on too as we enter EU prime. We tally our numbers and get 10 Guardians, the same number as the enemy fleet has. We get the arrivals set up with ships, and prepare to undock. I'm not willing to commit for 5 minutes given the enemy reinforcements, but am confident in our ability to hold for 1 minute, so I decide to commit Pehuen and myself in Archons.

The enemy fleet is sitting right off our undock, so we get a cloaky to bounce 100km behind them, then undock the fleet and pounce on top of them. The Archons undock and deploy fighters from the safety of 100km away, while the Griffin swarm spreads out and makes life hell for the enemy Guardian wing. I primary a Guardian, and it melts. I primary another Guardian, but he manages to get caught in low armor. Their reps stabilize on him, and I don't want to wait for him to burn out stuff, so I hard switch to a third Guardian. It dips into structure, then gets caught. I hard switch again, then back. This time he doesn't anticipate it, and he dips to low armor. A fighter salvo bags us the second kill of the fight.
I hard switch again. The target is caught with its pants down and gets obliterated without being able to overhead. We cycle fighter salvos onto another one and bag it too. At this point, I decide to help our logi which are struggling and eliminate a Scorpion and Armageddon in rapid succession. The opposition warps off and we loot the field.

And thus, the fight ends, or so I think. The Citadel repair timer ticks down, and ships are organized, when suddenly, amazing visionary Inniar Arnoux pipes up in comms: "Break, break. Z1H hole has collapsed. Repeat, Z1H has collapsed. Parts of the enemy fleet are still inside, and they are stuck in their own bubble."

Yup. That happened. The enemy Sabre thought it'd be smart to drop a defense bubble before jumping out - but the connection died on them, and now half their fleet is still inside.

Welllllllllllllll............

We pounce, and point whatever we can. Practically unopposed, we pocket a Bhaalgorn, Legion, Armageddon, Guardian, Damnation (and associated 2.3b pod), another Legion, and finally a poor Proteus.

What parts of the enemy fleet managed to limp away run through eggs. The citadel re-enters invulnerability (don't you love not having to repair these things). We collect loot and go home.

Total butcher's bill: Image
Killed: 8.95 billion ISK
Lost: 0.2 billion ISK
Efficiency: 97.7%

The good
  • Awesome turn-out from the other campuses on short notice. Thanks for dropping by, hope you enjoyed it!
  • Fighter salvo is OP. Deserved nerf soon.
  • We murdered some Russians.
  • I didn't accidentally swear at people this time.
The bad
  • Guys, please don't get caught in ECMgus (or ABCs) if all we're trying to do is mess with them from a safe distance. That Sabre aligning to you from 160km away is bad news, as is that Damnation that has a weird effect around it and is precisely 100km away approaching you. If in doubt, just run away.
  • Citadel weaponry was woefully ineffective on its own - but maybe that is to be expected against 10 Guardians.
  • Form-up took pretty long. We need a better setup for getting people access to WHC ships.
The ugly
*creak*
HyperFlareX

Re: [WHC] Titus математика

Post by HyperFlareX »

mad props to inniar for that performance.

And I suck at broadcasting :( Really out of practice. Watch those yellow boxes!

But I gotta say, this was a superb fight.
Caitlyn Semah

Post by Caitlyn Semah »

I'm early US timezone so this happened just before I got off of work. The AAR doesn't make it sound as bad as I thought from reading slack for sure :)
HyperFlareX

Post by HyperFlareX »

There was a time when they were gathering when we were like 7 people in fleet, just after the ping. Looked kinda dire but then people started piling in.
Thales Lupus

Post by Thales Lupus »

Nothing feels better than melting a pod with Void M!
- Unknown

I logged in 5 minutes before the action started and was wondering about 50+ people in Mumble and Fleet. I just had enough time to jump into the first PvP capable ship I ever brought to Innuendo, my Brutix!

Bob clearly smiles upon the WHC today while he sends friends to defend our home. May this battle reminds us about E-Unis strength: Unity!
A life without a future, you will forget your wishes,
And nothing to embrace, but the control sticks in your hands!
Explore new skies!
Join the WHC today
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Well played to everyone. Titus was considerably less obnoxious than he could reasonably have been, Inniar made a great call getting eyes on their exit hole, and logi did a great job of holding me when I tackled the Bhaal (which was about 6km outside the bubble when I landed). A fantastic brawl, and then a fairly satisfying stomp afterward.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
Richard Marte
Title: Sophomore

Post by Richard Marte »

I was a bit nervous when I realized I had lemminged. I thought I heard a call to warp, but apparently it wasn't the actual call to warp. At least I landed where I was supposed to, just a bit ahead of everybody else. Was rewarded by being continuously jammed for the next minute or two, but I suspect that by offering an obvious primary it did focus their jams and maybe take some of the heat off the other guardians.

I did immediately kick on my AB and burn transversal when I landed, which probably helped mitigate damage. That, and I suspect they were probably scratching their heads.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Thales Lupus

Post by Thales Lupus »

Richard Marte wrote:That, and I suspect they were probably scratching their heads.
A life without a future, you will forget your wishes,
And nothing to embrace, but the control sticks in your hands!
Explore new skies!
Join the WHC today
Odowan Paleolithic
Title: Wiki Links V, Sophomore

Post by Odowan Paleolithic »

Kilgore Troute

Post by Kilgore Troute »

HSC Bro checking in, please let us know any time you need some bodies. This one OP sent my KB isk positive three times over :D

My experience:
Saw the batphone in HSC chat and decided it would be a good day to die for bob. Without thinking much I hopped in a crow and made a b-line for the system linked in fleet. On arrival we had a brief issue being able to dock up but soon were in, shipped up and ready to go.

I had a ball and I really appreciated the FCing, it was clear, decisive and direct. FC regularly repeated vital information and it was very helpful for a confused newb. It would have been nice to have broadcasts too but it felt like we worked pretty synchronously anyhow.

What I learned:
I need to live in my overview when I'm fleeted up, I had a hell of a time finding some of the primaries called and got better in the second engagement after making more use of the column sorting options.
Croixant
Title: Manager (CCI), "The Most Interesting Man In The World", Graduate, Management

Post by Croixant »

This was fun!

As soon as their fleet jumped into Innuendo I took control of our station's defenses. Within seconds the enemy fleet arrived.

The majority of their fleet kept at 25 km but a few T3's started to get closer. I activated the station's point defense and every enemy drone immediately popped. No more drones were deployed in the vicinity of the station by the enemy.

I decided to deploy a flight of fighters but they were not very effective given the amount of logi present. The other ships were immediately repped by their logi and at that point was when we decided to use the "bigger" hammer. During that operation the longer range station weapons were activated and those were truly effective against the larger targets.

All in all I had a blast operating the station's defenses, in the last part of the battle they made a significant difference. Our station has some effective teeth after all.

Croix

Croix
o7

Croixant
CCI Coordinator
Alto DeRaqwar
Title: Senior Personnel Officer, Graduate

Post by Alto DeRaqwar »

Kilgore Troute wrote:What I learned:
I need to live in my overview when I'm fleeted up, I had a hell of a time finding some of the primaries called and got better in the second engagement after making more use of the column sorting options.
If they are broadcasting targets properly then just use your fleet history to target primaries; but yes getting used to re-sorting and the filters on the Overview is pretty damn useful.
Lost Soul
Image Image
Image Image Image
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

Second thread so far since I left Uni making me wish I was back in the WHC. Well done, Uni! As soon as I saw the title of the thread I knew it would be a fun read.
Tylenos Targas
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Overdue for a podding, Mass Damps, tl;dr, Cannon Virtuoso, Inactive Softeners, Graduate

Post by Tylenos Targas »

Thanks to all the other campusses for joining us in such short notice, and well done on the Gryphin ECM blob. Not only where your jams effective, you also did a very good job under stress of being fired upon by not broadcasting for reps, giving us logi an easier time holding the line for cruisers and up.

Keeping a frigate alive in an engagement like this is nearly impossible, so not broadcasting as a frigate is usually the right idea!
Martin Vanzyl
Title: Assistant Manager (Mentors), Mentor, A Froody Hoop, Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Martin Vanzyl »

Titus Tallang wrote: [*]We should really have corporate tacticals on grid with ALI.[/list]
Indeed. Will have to be prudent with them though. Corp bookmark limits :evil: :ccp:

This night was definitely something that'll go in the photo album of fond WHC memories. Well done on the FCing Titus, on the ball.

The newbros and their jamming really was the fulcrum. ECM is a roll of the dice, but roll it enough between multiple people (or a cloud of unistas that blot out out the sun :lol: ) and you will begin to see enemy logi pilots blow their top in frustration, and then actually blow up. :lol:
EVE University - WHC Camper - FCC
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
FCC - Fleet Command Course