[WHC QRF] A quick but rude interruption of our bountiful harvest

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

[WHC QRF] A quick but rude interruption of our bountiful harvest

Post by Professor Academiac »

Praxis interruption!

Battle Report

Killed: 1 ship, 1 pod, & 1 MTU @ 353.65m
Lost: Φ

We jumped into Bravo to harvest as our pickets got into position. After splashing, someone said that a lone Praxis was harvesting. FC asked if someone wanted to take over PvP FCing, so I did. I asked everyone to re-aproach, splash back into Cake, dock up, drop into squad, etc. Luckily Praxis didn't see us on D-Scan. This time I asked folks to x up for specific AAF roles, starting with a bubbler and a deacon. Told the rest to get in their favourite DD ship. We formed on .Bravo and I asked the bubbler to splash and warp. Mid-warp, I told the rest of the fleet to splash and hold. As soon as bubbler landed I asked them to let us know and I warped the squad and asked for a bubble right after. We landed and started shooting. MTU was out and someone said we should shoot it first, I forgot why but concurred and asked the fleet to do so. Killed the MTU, which surprisingly took a while, then went back to killing the Praxis. It didn't seem to come from a wormhole system so I asked everyone to pod too.

What went well:
  • We adapted to the context by switching FCs and from PvE to PvP really quickly
  • Lightning quick form-up
  • Did not fumble the timing of the warp and the bubble deployment so we landed on target. Maybe cuz they weren't paying attention.
Areas of improvement:
  • Totally forgot about the MTU thing. Glad Ol'Frosty pointed that out.
  • For those who don't know, when you kill something it drops some of all potential loot. If the Praxis died first and the MTU got the loot, then we'd get a % of the Praxis of the % MTU drop minimizing our overall loot.
I want to become a better FC, so please feel free to critique and provide constructive feedback even if it's harsh. I have thick skin.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC
Professor Academiac
Title: Ensign, Not actually a professor, Teacher, Graduate

Re: [WHC QRF] A quick but rude interruption of our bountiful harvest

Post by Professor Academiac »

One thing I forgot to mention is why some of the fleet members, including myself, had difficulty hitting the MTU. Range was the issue.

I'm still trying to handle FCing so I did the lazy thing and orbitted the Praxis close. I wasn't able to apply well to the MTU.

Others were trying to position themselves between the targets to maintain tackle while applying.

In hindsight, I should have dedicated a couple of tackle ships on the Praxis and asked everyone else to get in their optinals for the MTU.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Teacher • Mentor • Junior FC