[AAR] JH- Conquest

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Khai Emmerald

[AAR] JH- Conquest

Post by Khai Emmerald »

Event : [PvP] JH- Conquest
FC : Khai Emmerald
Doctrine : GCD

THE PLAN
We anchored mobile warp disruptors to have 2 drag bubbles on each gate (M2, ZVN, EZA, PVH). We splited in order to have 3 ships on each gate, at the edge of the bubbles. If someone was entering the system and warped directly to another gate we would be able to tackle them in the drag bubbles, call it on coms so the other GCDs could warp and shoot it.

HOW IT WENT
It worked pretty well on the very first minutes because we caught a Lachesis worth ~630M (https://zkillboard.com/kill/116072762/). With our confidence up and a good killmail, we splited again and waited for our next target. We waited some time, chatting, making some silly jokes and speaking about how cool it was to have 13 people in a PvP fleet during EUTZ.
Out of the blue, a Draugur went in, saw the drag bubbles and crashed the gate. He might have used what is called a brain, and realised he had range and we didn't. So he came back and agressed. We scattered to try and bait him to getting caught in our drag bubbles on another gate. The said brain usage gave him the advantage of jumping to tacticals and then not getting caught in our bubbles. We tried to bait him but he picked us one by one. To cherry top this a jackdaw and a Vedmak joined the party.
We had a problem, they wanted to kill, our ships were not even close to weapon range. I called everyone to the PC9 gate, in order to retreat if he followed. A clever person in the fleet suggested
You can call for help in the standing fleet, can't you ?
. She/He was wright. I switched channel and asked for reinforcement (and advice because what was i supposed to do with GCDs ?). Blessed Esjay suggested that we reship to KSG. By the time we did that, they were gone.

THE BATTLE REPORT
Here is te battle report : https://br.evetools.org/br/65ea01bacd04700bdf2922de
We are ISK positive (860%)

What i've learned ?
Aaaaah FCing is mentally intensive ! Organising the fleet was a lot of work. Writing the forum post, adding the fleet in the ingame calendar, pinging in discord, placing the bookmarks, having the mobile warp disruptors in station. Doing the FC speech, answering the questions, keeping an eye on the fleet chat, the intel chat. And on grid making the right calls. Oooooh myyy goood that's a lot ! Accepting to fail was the first thing i had to do. And it helped a lot.
I had a fleet full of wonderful people so it helped a lot.

Will i make more fleets ? Sure I love creating content with Unistas. So see you on the next one !