[AAR] New Bro Magic Merlins Low-Sec Roam! Feb 24 2024, 22:00

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Gurna Smunkle

[AAR] New Bro Magic Merlins Low-Sec Roam! Feb 24 2024, 22:00

Post by Gurna Smunkle »

Woooo what a blast!
Formup went smoothly; everyone shipped up and we headed out for Yvangier where I had setup our reshipping contracts.

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Aled Helugo - Merlin
Asami Kumodoku - Merlin
Boundbylife - Merlin
Chanstaner vi Adraille - Condor
Darklorde - Merlin
Gors - Merlin
Gurna Smunkle - Merlin
Hung Lao - Condor
Irith Allyrin - Burst
Jack Flash thesmash - Merlin
Khai Emmerald - Burst
Lao Viern - Merlin
Rork Melt Arjar - Merlin
Sean Yakin - Merlin
Sir Nubcakes - Merlin
Taka Bassam - Burst
Tearen Wover - Merlin
Yeldarb Wolf - Merlin
Kills and Losses

Surpringly, there was a small gang waiting on the station undock in some big scary ships that would surely beat us in a fight. Luckily, they reshipped into Merlins and challenged us to a fight! Our scouts performed spectacularly and spiraled in on them for a tackle so we could warp on top of them and take the (totally fair :wink: ) engagement for our first win of the night.

(22:49:33) Yvangier
Merlin +8.86m
Merlin +8.86m
Merlin +8.86m

We moved on through FW space where our scouts tackled some targets for us in Oinasiken. Unfortunately, we couldn't save them in time as our targets got away. They even podded one of us, how rude!

(23:11:26) Oinasiken
Condor -6.88m
Capsule -0.01m
Condor -6.92m

I decided to bring the fleet back to Yvangier to rejoin with our scouts (who needed to reship) and take a short break. But lo and behold, our friends were still camping our reshipping station! One of them warped off to the sun alone and we valiantly took the bait to see if we could pick him off in time before reinforcements arrived. Unfortunately we only got the FNI down to about half armor before I warped us out after losing several Merlins. Good try though!

(23:28:22) Yvangier
Condor -7.11m
Merlin -3.66m
Merlin -4.13m
Merlin -2.81m
Merlin -7.48m
Merlin -9.26m
Merlin -3.62m
Condor -7.11m

Our beautiful scout Hung Lao learned the hard way how gate guns worked :D

(23:37:05) Yvangier
Condor -7.11m

In Deven, 1 scout got tackle on an Algos outside a plex, we warped to him and secured the kill! Meanwhile our other scout had courageously ventured into the plex to try and hold down a Comet, but we could not burn back to the gate in time to save him :( .

(23:48:08) Deven
Condor -7.11m
Algos +14.55m

To wrap up the fleet, our scout got tackle on a lone Thorax in a plex as we successfully arrived and took him out!

(23:59:16) Deven, Kedama
Thorax +44.42m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 118,103,667.38
ISK Lost: 73,203,744.59
ISK Delta: 44,899,922.79
Efficiency: 61.735%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    • First ever fleet went surprisingly well!
    • Perfect number of fleet members
    • Stupendous scouts
    • Lovely logi
    • Devilish DPS
    • Fleet started with a fun, mutual merlin fight on reshipping station undock
    • Scouts secured some great kills for us
    • Minimal downtime in action
    (Negative stuff)
    • Our (incredibly brave) scouts died a lot and had to fly back to the fleet often on their own
    • We couldn't quite take down the bait Ferox Navy Issue before his friends showed up (no regrets 8) )
    • I should repeat fleet commands clearly and repeatedly more often
    • Make sure everyone is getting fleet warps and not getting left behind
    • I should always give scouts enough time to fully scan down a system and check plexes before moving on

Overall, very happy and satisfied with my first fleet as FC! I had a ton of fun and it seemed like everyone else did too, which is all that matters in the end. I'm not sure how often I'll lead fleets (gurna is a silly introvert :P ) but PvP fleets are by far my favorite kind of content, so I figured if I wanted more spicy PvP action, I would have to do it myself some times!

Thanks all for coming and bringing the good vibes~
Gurna Smunkle