[AAR] Impromptu fleet 12-27

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Azora Anzomi

[AAR] Impromptu fleet 12-27

Post by Azora Anzomi »

I could not resist,... I finally had to undock in battle again, It had been more than 6 months since my last fleet, and Soon enough it became clear that we were being harassed in PC9 by these Pinecone people....

Such Fun.

Soon I helped set up a thrasher drop with one of the free slashers on contract. After playing station games with them for a while (got to get them suitably complacent) I had observed that they had a insta-undock bookmark at 200K from the gate, as I had been out setting up such a bookmark myself, and much to my suprise the drake followed me... well this was too easy. so, after talking with and coordinating with Little Nemo, we set up a thrasher drop. I undocked alone in my little slasher and warped to the same bookmark. Much to my supprise I had a prospect decloak on me instead...
https://zkillboard.com/kill/114333626/. And the drake followed. https://zkillboard.com/kill/114333641/. The thrashers melted the Heavy missile drake and all was well. The slasher held out fairly well against the Heavy missile drake. (sorry to the logistics guys, but I am going to get so many of these frigates killed) Also can I get a long point on the slasher??? Maby in the cargohold so we can switch out the web or scram as needed.

But the opposition started unshipping into more small gang stuff, with things like a Domi, Rail exec, ospray navy, and lets not forget the Proteus which was almost certainly some kind of cino.

After discussion with the group, it was found that we actually had the rapid light caracals to hand. And soon enough, I find myself in command of a 10 man caracal fleet with 2 logi... (and I thought I was Retired)

Welp, here goes the first fleet in 6 months.

Sure enough The pinecone people realize we formed up something kind of serious and ran off... But no sense waisting a fleet, lets ROAM!!! I have no idea where the hotspots are in this space, but get a tip on Ostingale and so we went off that way.

I had asked for 1 tackle pilot, and Barky Hashur volunteered his malediction (so gratefull) and I sent him +1 to scout. a few jumps out and he reports an Occator https://zkillboard.com/kill/114334200/ who royally messes up his MWD cloak trick... and one of my caracals bump him and we land multiple points. The ships dropped and we salvaged them.

We went 1 more gate, and the gatecamp there packed up and left as soon as they saw us... (our 8 caracals and 2 osprays must have been so scary...) but more interesting was the Protius and stealth bomber we saw, along with the pincone local spike we saw... Was I being stalked??? Was I about to get dropped on by bombers? As we went back 1 gate, there was a bubble trap set up... Fortunately I had warped to a nearby Ping (I am not that new to this FC thing) With the bubble still up, I used a 100K off the gate ping and set up for battle, with my fleet about 70K (should have closed to 50K or so). I would love to take a fleet of stealth bombers with caracals. but our opponents chickened out, and lacking other content, and with the help of our scouts we returned home safely (if uneventfully)

Shows I can still FC without subscribing... You would be amazed what you can accomplish with an alpha account, and some of these cheep alpha friendly fits.