[AAR] Magic Merlins - 11-18 19:00

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Guarzo Opper

[AAR] Magic Merlins - 11-18 19:00

Post by Guarzo Opper »

Initial Kills 2.3B for golem, and another 700m for capsule

Final fight zkill -- possibly a few more?
https://zkillboard.com/kill/113272979/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/113272979/

Fleet
Spoiler
Creinar
Wookinator
Gordon Freebase
Gabriel CHL
Guarzo Opper
NicoNicoNii
Iron Ludwig
Shukken Tekitsu
Aled Helugo
Arps 331
Clarityz
Menelmir
Mali Brocreux
Rhiandia
SpudGun Isimazu
Rhine Wiskierre
This was my first time as FC, really appreciate the help from Clarityz as second in command. The rest of the fleet was great as well, several experienced folks (Shukken as scout, Arps 331 as logi, and several other folks) provided great ideas and help. Also wanted to thank Rhine for volunteering as a first time scout, and several folks who volunteered as first time logi.

We initially planned to use a Thera connection near Stacmon, however it closed just before we arrived. We shifted gears, and used a filament to go to Null. Almost immediately on landing, Shukken was able to grab a tackle on a golem, and then an ishtar. Things unfortunately slowed down a bit after that, as we roamed and filamented for another couple hours. We tried luring a few groups to fight with no success, until we eventually settled for an agreed fight with what turned out to be a few too many comorants. Most of us dropped at that point, with a few folks able to filament back out.

Learnings:

Got some great feedback from other experienced FCs after the roam, so some of this is summarizing, and some are my thoughts.

I wish I would have copied the fleet composition at the beginning, really hoping I didn't miss anyone (just realized there was on person who came, but had issues getting in fleet chat, so may not have been documented).

I felt a little lost on directions after our initial few turns in Null -- appreciated Clarityz providing suggestions, and fa few other folks who looked up common staging locations for us to try.

I did make the normal first time FC mistake of warping myself without the fleet at least once, but for the most part felt like I both spoke and broadcasted the command to align and to take fleet warp.

At the beginning of the roam, I tried to give a good primer for everyone in new roles -- but probably should have covered how to broadcast/view broadcasts, as well as ensured everyone was clear on the watchlist instructions.

My major failing though was in our final fight -- I was too distracted by trying to broadcast and lock targets that I was very quiet, and didn't tell the fleet who primary/secondary was. Would guess we would have still gone down, but certainly could have taken a few more with us.

Overall was a positive experience for me, and hope the rest of the fleet had fun too!

Loot appraisal

Will update with roam report results showing the rest of the kills/deaths, but it seems to currently be having technical difficulties