[AAR] Impromptu Yeet Fleet

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Zipporah Panala

[AAR] Impromptu Yeet Fleet

Post by Zipporah Panala »

John Parmelee has a habit of pointing out when there's nothing on the calendar for a particular day by saying, "Maybe take out a fleet" or something to that effect. Thursdays are quiet in my main's corp and I wasn't teaching a class so I figured I'd put the ping out and see if anyone up for a little pew pew.

Now this is my first EUNI fleet in something like two months and I'm still working out some details about how to make it work: my EUNI alt, Kamille Panala, allows me access to EUNI stuff so I can put things in the calendar and reference doctrine fits when taking out fleets. Zipporah Panala is the character that actually flies in the fleets. It's confusing, I know. All that to say I bungled/forgot to collect some useful info and I don't think the FAT thing will work if I'm FCing from an out of corp alt.

Originally the doctrine was going to be AAFs, but with our numbers at 7 we couldn't form properly and it was suggested that we switch to a cheaper doctrine if we're going to whelp the fleet.

Roam numbers: 7
Doctrine: GCDs
FC: Zipporah Panala (via Kamille Panala)

When I was making my way over to the NSC staging area I noticed there were some drag bubbles and a sabre on the gate in 6-C. I figured that'd be a good place to start. Indeed, once everyone was shipped up into their preferred GCD, we went over to 6-C and blew up their mobile warp disruption units. The sabre was far too kitey for us to catch and I explained to the delightful new player who joined us that I wanted to make them come to us because they'd definitely pop our destroyers if we tried to burn into them. The sabre was joined by a vedmak, cerberus, and at least one other ship (I don't recall what) but all of them were being skittish despite having enough firepower on either the vedmak or the cerb to take us all out solo. When it became clear they were only going to attempt bait us to burning in and then popping us that way, I recalled the fleet and made our way back to PC9 for some repairs before yeeting ourselves into deep null.

It's was a sleepy Thursday night and all through New Eden, not a being was stirring, not even a... bee? Our first filament into deep null took us directly to 1DQ, which is Goons home staging system and the "Jita of Delve" wrapped into one. Rather than try to gank something and provoke a response fleet the size of which would surely be an overreaction to a handful of T1 destroyers, we reached out in local to ask if folks would be down for a little small gang face-off. Nobody replied, unfortunately. Our luck won out because Pandemic Horde showed up with a fleet and provoked a small tussle which we warped in on to third party. We didn't manage to tackle much of anything before the fleets had warped off, but a single punisher seemed to have not gotten the memo and was quickly caught, scrammed, webbed, and blapped. Something else landed on the gate, though I can't recall what it was, and tried to pop the new player on our fleet. I ordered Shaemus to get us a warp-in at a safe. As JPNS noted immediately after we had gotten to safety, it was an unnecessary risk to wait until Shaemus had gotten the warp-in. We could have warped off anywhere just to get off grid, but because I waited for Shaemus to land one of our fleet members took an incredible amount of damage that brought them into low armor.

We yeeted a few more times. It seems incredibly sad that the filament that's supposed to bring us to places of high activity brought us to two systems with bot ratting ishtars that warped to structure when we entered system. Finally we yeeted ourselves into Pochven, AWOX'd JPNS at his request, shot some rogue drones for the dual-standings boost and then folded the fleet in Jita.

Key takeaways:
  • Thursday night is not an ideal time for a fleet
  • GCDs are FD ships which makes them perfect for whelping
  • If no one is tackled and we're being shot at, we can warp literally anywhere to get off grid, but sitting there waiting for a warp-in to a specific spot was foolish
  • The Goons disappointed us
  • Mike Kingswell says hi to us all
ISK Destroyed: 20.55m
ISK Lost: 0
*~~// The Panala Family \\~~*
She/her
Teacher and FC