Intro to Fleets [practical class roam]

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Rathe Gardson

Intro to Fleets [practical class roam]

Post by Rathe Gardson »

On 10/24/2023 at 0230 [EVE time], Rathe Gardson conducted a practical class focusing on terms, fleet orders and maneuver, use of Fleet Windows, and communications standards, followed by a practical application. Two students attended. Ships supplied by FC/Instructor, who also acted as logistics pilot. Micro fleet engaged two (2) Serpentis [NPC pirate] Refuges. At the end of the hour, fleet returned to Stacmon - The Quad, returned ships to FC/Instructor, and gave opportunity for students to ask questions before closing the fleet. FC activated the Fleet Activity Tracker before the class, but not sure how to close it out or get info from it. Students expressed that the class was worthwhile. One student did not have a working mike, but was able to listen on Mumble.

Provided links for class and fleet feedback.

FC will attempt salvage and donate to E-Uni at Stacmon - The Quad.

FC learned how to post the Fleet MOTD, and that you need to get everyone properly aligned before warping the fleet. We did not get to explore/demonstrate creating a drone bunny as I'd hoped (time). Actual fleet roam time was roughly one (1) hour, five (5) minutes from start to finish. I remember reading something about copying the Fleet Chat to help with some AAR application, but I'm not sure how to do that yet.