[AAR] KSG roam - 21 August 2023

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Hippla

[AAR] KSG roam - 21 August 2023

Post by Hippla »

What started as me pinging for a defense fleet turned into a KSG roam.
My scatterbrain accidentally mixed up times and pinged for a defense fleet. Immediately being told by someone smarter that there is no defense timer, I swiftly edited the ping and changed the fleet name, pretending that this ad-hoc KSG roam was planned all along. :lol:

https://br.evetools.org/br/64e39a8faef284096e967e27

From my mini-AAR in Discord:
Thanks everyone for joining this ad-hoc Kiting Small Gang (KSG) roam through Syndicate
#SyndicatePolice *police car noise👮
Big thanks also to Rolfhammer, who died twice trying to catch up with us but didn't get discouraged and stuck around till the very end! 🙂 ROLFHAMMER corpses for eeeveryone!!!
What made this roam a bit special is that before we actually headed out, we did a little exercise. I used a 2nd character in a Malediction to warp to our fleet at 50km, giving everyone the task to stay between 30-60km of the Malediction. As expected, some folks had an easy time while others struggled. After some corrective recommendations and providing a hands-on explanation on how kiting away from the enemy should look like, everyone involved quickly got the hang of it. I manually increased and decreased speed of the Malediction, forcing the fleet to use their MWDs with thought, while trying to stay clustered up.

Nice and fun little roam around Syndicate all around and luckily we got some snacks at the very end :)
Francie

Re: [AAR] KSG roam - 21 August 2023

Post by Francie »

Great to hear about the exercise, Hippla. I would love to try more of this. Could be rolled into your study group?