[FW] Scheduled FW Fleet 2023-08-09

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Ying Ti Charen-Teng

[FW] Scheduled FW Fleet 2023-08-09

Post by Ying Ti Charen-Teng »

Roam members (8)
Spoiler
Flax Harakeke - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Gurna Smunkle - Punisher
Jay iron - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Rauk Ellecon - Punisher
Talianium Benim - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Tomlin - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Traven O'Toole - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Ying Ti Charen-Teng - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Since the Nennamaila battlefield was some jumps off, and were likely to be contested by an organized Caldari fleet, I wanted us to be in small agile ships that can travel fast, hard to be pushed off the field, and can also efficiently run battlefields. I picked sniper hookbills for this reason.

We formed a fleet of hookbills with two punishers as tackle and also to tank BF npcs.

Kills and Losses

(02:31:38) Nennamaila
Not long after we landed on the battlefield, an enemy Caracal Navy Issue fleet warped in with ~8 Caracal Navy Issues and 4 Scythes. We could not break the Scythes, so we focused on bullying smaller ships.
Catalyst +14.74m
Kestrel +5.21m
Capsule +0.01m

After awhile, a Sedition PNI fleet warped in and engaged the Caracals, we helped provide fire support for the PNIs. After some losses, the Caracal Navy Issues warped out.
Scythe +19.53m
Caracal Navy Issue +75.02m
Caracal Navy Issue +81.75m
Caracal Navy Issue +80.7m
Caracal Navy Issue +81.78m
Scythe +18.7m

(02:49:30) Nennamaila
The Caldari militia didn't have enough pilots for another assault, so they came in with Derptrons to try to trade for hookbills, they died before any of us did.
Punisher +5.84m
Atron +5.73m
Atron +5.73m
Atron +7.49m
Atron +5.73m
Atron +5.73m
Capsule +0.01m

(03:16:21) Athounon
We finished the Nenna BF and went to Athounon for another BF. Thankfully we were in fast-align hookbills because it was a long trek there and back. On the BF gate, we chased the pirates' nano ships away with our missiles. They died after and we got on the kills.
Slasher +5.34m
Enyo +214.92m

After we set up the cap points, we did a little dplexing while waiting for the BF to finish. The BF was captured along with 4 other plexes. Then, we grouped up with Nomens from the Network to clear Athounon's numerous Caldari Supply Caches.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 633,956,798.47
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 633,956,798.47
Efficiency: 100%

LP Gained: around 221,631 LP
ISK Value (assuming 700 ISK per LP): 155,141,700 ISK per person

Overall evaluation
  • The sniper hookbills were able to get kills on enemy small ships and provide stand-off fire support against larger enemy ships
    Using this comp, we were able to set up BF capture points really fast and take down two battlefields
    My BF battle commands were a bit hectic since I was listening to the Sedition FC and trying to call the same targets, and had to switch primary sometimes while we were already shooting at a target.
    In the BF I committed our Punisher tackle way too late, and we probably could have caught more Caracal Navy Issues if the punishers burned in sooner.
    Our punisher pilots, although essential to running the battlefields and providing tackle in the comp, didn't get on many kills. I should think of more way of providing activity to our punisher pilots
Tomlin

Re: [FW] Scheduled FW Fleet 2023-08-09

Post by Tomlin »

My BF battle commands were a bit hectic since I was listening to the Sedition FC and trying to call the same targets, and had to switch primary sometimes while we were already shooting at a target.
On our end that didn't seem too hectic or holding us back. I think we always had at least 1 target during that bout; there wasn't ever a point where we didn't have something either locked or locking.

Overall throughout the fleet I was impressed with how on point you were with telling us what missiles to load and such constantly; it felt like a super communicative fleet.
Punisher +5.84m
Pretty sure that one was a meme sacrifice as they were talking in local with youngpuke about the exotic dancers in the hold of one of the CNIs and that one was delivering them some tobacco, booze, and more friends for them to keep company. But a kill's a kill!