[PVP] KSG Form up for Request to Fight in Innu

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Luxxianna Seraph

[PVP] KSG Form up for Request to Fight in Innu

Post by Luxxianna Seraph »

We had a wandering hole open up in innu. Watched a BR run through and then we spent about an hour watching additional ships pop in

I - Luxxianna - FCd from my alt.

We were aware of a Heretic and two t3cs cloaked about our system, probably holding on Eggs, from Ursa Primus corp

A Praxis came through. The heretic tried to hold it but the T3Cs didnt arrive in time. we landed several varieties of KSG ships and attempted to take the praxis before warping off and it hole tanked when the original T3Cs arrived. We had come back in as well in various KSG ships, and were engaging with Ursa Primus when they brought a Vagur through. It blaped a Jackdaw off the grid at extreme range and we quit the field.

We got a message from the Ursa Primus and agreed for a fight if they would downship to cruisers, 3v3. We didnt have a lot of options for what we could field so we went in 2 stabbers and a caracal. We had a few tacs set up at this point but didnt really get to use them.

I brought the fleet at 180 km and waited for them to come through. They came on with a Proteus, Rook, and Succubus. The rook unfortunately had far greater ECM range than any of our KSG ships could overcome, forcing us to chase it down as it was the only thing we could target. We were picked off one by one by the Proteus.

GFs all around, and each of their pilots gave each of ours 30 mil for the fight.

AAR - Oof. long range ecm when we have no counter and no way to close the gap makes KSG not very great - plus we were mostly in anti tackle ships because it was what we could fly. I learned it is rather difficult to concentrate on piloting your ship and getting in range and keepign track of a battlefield in ksg - As opposed to AAF where i felt it was far easier to do (because i just have to orbit my called targets.
Arkady Marten
Production Manager
Production Manager

Re: [PVP] KSG Form up for Request to Fight in Innu

Post by Arkady Marten »

So you lost a fight of three T1 cruisers against a pirate frigate, a T2, and a T3 cruiser? :D

Great reflection on the difference between KSG and AAF! Sounds like this was in fact a wonderful encounter to get a feel for it, with the added bonus of over-100% SRP! :lol:

KSG definitely demands a different approach on-grid and in the actual engagement. And while it can feel overwhelming (ask me how I know!), it is all a question of familiarity and practice. Even just the second time in a kiting setup, our brain already knows from the first one that there is a different set of data to keep track of during the fight. And so will already be much better prepared to do so.

Some might be able to read up on the concept and specific tactics ahead of time, then implement them flawlessly the first time. Most of us aren't like that. I had the benefit of being on SiSi the first time I experienced a proper kiting setup. Until we get access to the test server again, I wish for everybody new to small-gang kiting your sort of first encounter!
Image Image
Luxxianna Seraph

Yeah. XD it was too bad it was 3v3 - I knew we'd probably be punching up, and if we'd had more would have called for SBC but with only 3 not minimum comp there.

Soon as I saw the rook I *should* have used the tacs we did have to get us on top of it. It would have been our only chance. Take that down then quit the field or die in a glorious ball of fire lol
Harry Heinee

Post by Harry Heinee »

Maulus negates Rook
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Amoni Panala

Post by Amoni Panala »

Reading things like this reminds me why I love wormhole life. Even though you lost the fight, it sounds like you had a positive interaction with them.

As constructive feedback I have to ask: did none of you have T1 battlecruiser skills? Off the top of my dome, the Naga and the Oracle are both KSG ships that are also mainline DD. The mainline DD might have offered you the projection you need to hit their Rook. The biggest problem I see is not something you all did wrong, but the fact that they brought a T3C, T2 Recon cruiser, and a pirate hull frigate to the fight when all you folks were bringing was T1 stuff... Seems like maybe they just wanted to win so they brought a comp that would be what you were showing.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Luxxianna Seraph

re Battlecruisers

We had agreed to Cruisers v Cruisers - and didnt know what they were bringing. So we went with what we had that was cheap and we were skilled into xD

If most of WHC hadn't been off in another hole doing ISKers i would have gladly gone for larger and less restricted engagement and brought out the bigger guns for KSG. But they asked for a fight, we asked them to downship to cruisers, and all agreed on no podding. It was a good fight - and like you say Amoni, this is one of the best part of WH life - the WH Bushido that goes on is definitely one of my favorite parts.