[AAR] KSG 04.08.2023

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Shukken Tekitsu

[AAR] KSG 04.08.2023

Post by Shukken Tekitsu »

Roam members (19)
Spoiler
Alex EpicPotato - Caracal
Apollo Creed Adama - Oracle
Boran Lordsworth - Keres
Clarityz - Malediction
Francie - Imperial Navy Slicer
Jack Heck - Exequror Navy Issue
Kanukki Astraad - Retribution, Maulus
Karvus P - Stabber
Marc Sare - Exequror Navy Issue
Menelmir - Caracal
Rauk Ellecon - Caracal
Sars Covin - Omen Navy Issue
Shaemus O'Conor - Griffin
Shukken Tekitsu - Jackdaw
Softzombie - Hyena
Tomlin - Osprey Navy Issue
Winzo - Flycatcher
bazingamogus - Vedmak
stop posting cringe - Bifrost
Kills and Losses

Formup was smooth and done within 25minutes, even with those high numbers. Great improvment compared to the last Fleets.
Thera was close to Jita, so we started there. Checked out two connections into Cache and followed a Blaster-Fit ESS-Fleet. I decided to not engage them because they were setup pretty well on the ESS.

While keeping an eye on our back Kanukki Astraad died but could reship fairly quickly due to the Jita connection.

(17:43:26) Thera
Retribution -42.69m
Capsule -0.01m

Overall the Thera connections where boring and no content was to be found. We filamented into Perrigen Falls. This is where the fun began.
MJ- was active, with 200 in local. Our scout caught a Vexor and we did hold it for a while to maybe trigger a response. A Stabber and a Vedmak warped in. We could not catch the Vedmak but killed the Stabber and finally the Vexor.

(18:21:24) MJ-5F9
Stabber +31.25m
Capsule +0.01m
Vexor +19.74m

After that we warped to the ESS and Bazinga robbed the bank, while Winzo kept the ESS Gate bubbled. Fleet did sit on their optimals and waited for prey. Which arrived in high numbers and different sizes. In the first engagement we killed some ships warping in one by one. Bubbles or our Tackle held them in place and we killed them.

(18:29:41) MJ-5F9
Vexor Navy Issue +204.37m
Hurricane Fleet Issue +199.34m
Capsule +0.76m
Sacrilege +215.14m

Then, a Golem arrived on grid. The fight against the golem took arround 30 minutes. But in the end we killed it. Sadly, Winzo lost his Flycatcher while trying to keep the ESS bubbled. Somewhere inbetween all of this Bazinga also finished the bankrobbing (~250M).

(18:42:37) MJ-5F9
Flycatcher -102.57m
Stabber -33.58m

As I already mentioned the Golem survived for quite some time. We did more than 800k Dmg to it and were finally able to break it (it ran out of cap charges). During this engagment a lot of things went really well. The Golem had a MJD, but after some successful attempts to use it, We managed to deny every attempt to MJD thanks to Bazinga keeping an eye on the spool up. Also, our EWar Wing did a great job keeping the Golem from doing significant damage to our Fleet. Without a Logi-Wing people were leaving grid when needed and rejoined whenever they could. Very good execution from everyone involved!

As the Golem was getting into Hull we saw some support coming in to maybe safe it. But it was to late for the Golem and the Fleet cleaned up the rest.
Sadly, the Exequror got caught, either on the sun or while landing on the ESS again. We should have communicated that the ESS was currently not a safe warpin, as the support for the Golem was finlly coming.
Remeber this was while there were 200 in local. Everyone in Fleet did a great job keeping an eye on D-Scan calling possible threads.

(18:59:36) MJ-5F9
Malediction +30.27m
Golem +3212.48m
Exequror Navy Issue -89.68m
Caracal +29.93m
Caracal +32.57m
Thorax +28.09m
Capsule +0.01m
Ibis +4.98m

After that fight we extracted to Pochven, gathered some Standing for some Members and lost the Maulus. Choosing the Pod Express as the fastest way home. Used a 5j Jita hole in Senda and ended the Fleet.

(19:30:34) Ahtila
Maulus -1.03m
Capsule -0.01m

Thanks everyone for coming. I think that fight against that Golem showed, that you do not need a lot of firepower, just Patience V.
During that fight a lot of people stepped up calling stuff, letting the rest know what they are doing. This was really great and, in my eyes, a good Nano-Experience.

To the people who still have loot from the fight, please send it to Shukken Tekitsu. I´ll payout everyone who wants a share (Ingame Mail is already sent out).

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 4,008,934,693.33
ISK Lost: 269,570,238.54
ISK Delta: 3,739,364,454.79
Efficiency: 93.699%

Overall evaluation
  • Formup was quicker
    A lot of WHC guys, thx for pinging
    Killed a Golem
    Got fights at the ESS, which were made for KSG
    EWar Wing and Scrams were MVP during the Golem fight
    Great communication, taking a lot of load of the FC (who still managed to burn out his guns)
    FC burned out his guns
    As the reinforcments for the Golem warped in the communication could have been better (everyone was so focus on this jucy kill)
    It was not really clear if heating on the Golem fight was worth it or not, with hindsight maybe not
Last edited by Shukken Tekitsu on 2023.08.05 05:48, edited 2 times in total.
Clarityz

Re: [AAR] KSG 04.08.2023

Post by Clarityz »

Great fleet as always shukken.

Heating is great if they break under your heat (but not without), or you need to kill/finish something off quickly. Golem was doing massive reps so the only way to kill it is to make it use all its cap boosters. Save your heat for stuff that lands to help it IMO. Applying constant pressure is good enough.

We could've been a bit more organized on where we were on grid, as I called near the end let's get further away from center. Our exeq warped to ESS at zero later admitting they forgot about deadspace mechanics, it happens!

It was great content and a good learning opportunity for the newer players I hope.
Shaemus O'Conor

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

Perfect fleet Shukken, thanks for trying out the KSG doctrine with us, it is a fun one.

While we did not do much actual kiting this time, I think we learned quite a bit about positioning yourself in a fight at optimal ranges and when to bounce and where to bounce to. Great learning experience considering the more self-sufficient nature of this comp and the reliance on each player's own personal skill.

More please :D
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Marc Sare

Post by Marc Sare »

Shukken this was a really fun fleet, thank you!
Our exeq warped to ESS at zero later admitting they forgot about deadspace mechanics, it happens!
Yep, that was 100% on me. I warped to a planet to break the damage I was taking, and was warping back to a cruiser with similar optimal when it hit me mid-warp "oh $#1t, it's deadspace, I'm landing on the gate with the enemy rescue attempt". Doesn't take away an awesome kill and a very fun afternoon though. :)
Apollo Creed Adama

Post by Apollo Creed Adama »

Had a lot of fun in this fleet! And while an FC was present I did not feel like an F1 monkey - goals and priorities were set and each member of the fleet took it from there and just played out their role.

The WHC ping + having a hole a few jumps from Jita helped a lot. Looking forward to the next KSG ping!
Tomlin

Post by Tomlin »

Really fun fleet. It felt a bit slow to find some content with the dead systems post-Thera, but once we found a fight, oh did it pay off. Echoing the others too in that it was a great learning experience. Having 25 minutes to solely focus on managing range and manual piloting against the Golem and occasional other ships was great practice and I felt so much more involved than just anchoring on an FC or orbiting a FW beacon/target.
Francie

Post by Francie »

Shukken, you're going to have a waiting list for these fleets if they keep being so awesome. Always a great experience.
Well done all!