[AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2023-07-06

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Amoni Panala

[AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2023-07-06

Post by Amoni Panala »

Apologies all if you were waiting for this AAR and getting impatient with me. It took me a long time to realize I hadn't already done it.

I'm gonna make this one of the briefest AARs because this roam was pretty straightforward and short itself. We were patrolling through the pocket and neighboring web of systems. It was dead. There was not a single sign of life out there until we reached Poitot and then it was just a transporter who was way too quick for us. The roam was boring so I thought we'd go flash our backsides at CFT and see if they wanted to play just so we could end the roam on some content. Instead someone called out that they had found a Caracal Navy Issue and a Heretic.

Now here's where I failed folks... All week I've been pushing folks to fly in the small gang style: independently working together, jumping into side systems along the way to a set desto, etc etc etc... Where I screwed up is that I didn't explain fully the part about how when we find something we need to regroup before attacking. Instead we had one person hero tackle and two arrive just as the first died. Everyone was scrambling to get to the content system. We basically put ourselves on a slaughtering conveyor belt.

The whole point of Noobs on Patrol is to teach by experience the small gang tactics I learned in lowsec made applicable to null as well as get folks accustomed to undocking and blowing up every last neutral they can find in the area. Zero tolerance for neutrals in the pocket. I think we made good progress on the small gang aspect. People were calling out where they were headed, what was happening, and I felt like that part of it was good. Now we've got to instrumentalize that communication into deadly coordination.

We'll get there, I'm sure.

Battle report: https://zkillboard.com/br/150526/
(Ignore the luxury yacht, it was just there at the same time we were engaging)
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image