[AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2023-07-03

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Amoni Panala

[AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2023-07-03

Post by Amoni Panala »

This is an AAR for Noobs on Patrol, 3rd July 2023.

The energy for this roam was great. I wish I had recorded who all was on this one but I did not. People just came with great attitudes and I was really impressed. The thing that surprised me was that new folks wanted to jump in on this. That was exciting and cool though I noticed that for the most part newer folks just kind of stuck to me rather than the small gang roam style spreading out.

One of the difficulties I noticed early on was that PC9 Standing was in the middle of chasing something and I'm wanting to get everyone undocked and into our own channel so we don't tie up standing fleet. Turns out it was one neutral caracal playing station games *disappointed horn sounds*

Once we got on our way we went over to 6-C where we heard there was some excitement. Unfortunately, we were having trouble coordinating ourselves and I wasn't being very clear with folks where to go. We encountered a Brutix and a Crusader. The Brutix we might have nailed if we could get it to engage with all of us on grid, but the Crusader was moving something like 3.5km/s maybe even 4km/s. That thing kited us out. We moved on. We tried to nab a flycatcher. It was only later we realized the flycatcher, the brutix, and the crusader were all together. 6-C became too hot for our little rifters. Eventually they brought in enough to bubble all the gates. They had tackle on every gate to keep you from burning to the gate once you landed on the bubble. A bunch of us got blapped.

Fleet folded shortly after that. These fleets were intended to be short and sweet. We had been out for an hour trying to catch these fools. No luck.

Rifter 3,751,897.05
Rifter 3,781,466.85
Rifter 3,811,957.05
Rifter 3,781,190.73
Rifter 3,810,579.60
Rifter 3,811,957.05
Rifter 3,781,927.05

ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 26,534,378.38
ISK Delta: 26,534,378.38

I hope others had fun on this roam and learned a bit about small gang roaming.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Shaemus O'Conor

Re: [AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2023-07-03

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

Fun roam Amoni, thanks!

It's always great to see new people joining any form of PvP, the gospel shall be spread! :D

This more free form kind of roam is a bit more advanced so may be slightly overwhelming for complete newbros. Though on the plus side, if they can learn from these fleets how to handle themselves on their own initiative they will be even more effective during more standard fleets.

And starting out in PC9 standing coms (even if ultimately it panned out that we were not able to do anything against those station games) might get people to be interested in joining the NSC, so even more positive stuff. :wink:
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image