[AAR] MinMil GCDs

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Amoni Panala

[AAR] MinMil GCDs

Post by Amoni Panala »

Roam members
Spoiler
Amoni Panala
Aquaspeedy Yanumano
Moritz Gaterau
Shaemus O'Conor
This fleet almost didn't happen: 1) I forgot to order ships! 2) We had leftover Magic Merlins but our numbers were too low. Moritz came into comms and informed me that there was supposed to be a GCD fleet the other day but he had to cancel on account of being ill. The fleet was back on! We shipped into GCDs and went on a roam. Our AmMil counterparts were seemingly well organized in terms of setting up bait and then following it up with numbers and ships we couldn't take. We kept trying to take fights but often ended up just losing whoever went in to get tackle (usually our brave Moritz). We moved around and eventually found a system where we could take a few fights and got a couple kills. While it may be true that GCDs are ok with just four, it sure does limit what you can engage.

My biggest mistake? I was often reading the intel AmMil folks were posting in local and then when we got kills I mistakenly linked them in local. It was super embarrassing and I felt so bad because I know that's a real jerk move.

I think with FW fleets it would be good to have a fleet doctrine and an escalation doctrine. Something to upship into. It doesn't have to be anything big and fancy, but like... Magic Merlins to Caracals or GCDs to Stabbers. Obviously given the nature of EUni fleets, we're going to have a limit as to what we can reliably bring to a fight so we will likely always run into fights we can't take, but it would be nice to be able to reship into something a little bigger and try again.

Republic Fleet Firetail 16,420,014.74
Thrasher 12,446,226.38
Condor 5,225,969.44
Thrasher 12,640,882.85
Incursus 5,082,469.76
Tristan 1,079,076.67
Thrasher 12,622,607.81

Thank you all for coming out. I really enjoy flying with you folks.

ISK Destroyed: 27,807,530.61
ISK Lost: 37,709,717.04
ISK Delta: 9,902,186.43
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Shaemus O'Conor

Re: [AAR] MinMil GCDs

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

Thanks as always for the fleet! :)

I'm glad that you weren't discouraged by the low numbers of people and took us out anyway, that was a fun couple of hours.

It was nice that you ran the fleet much more free-form with a lot more focus on having each pilot think on her/his own feet, which made sense with just 4 of us. While it is nice to have an FC tell you what to do every step of the way in larger fleets so it remains cohesive, for tiny gang roams like this personal initiative is more important. This gave us all a nice way to get more used to this kind of playstyle (also learning to be more effective with d-scan is always a massive plus).

I think it was the right call towards the end of the fleet to try to jump on one of those from the Caracal-duo once they split up into different plexes so we perhaps would have gotten one down before his buddy managed to show up. Sadly they were quite good at kiting and joining up, so no luck there. Next time such a situation arises it might perhaps be an idea to reform the fleet at a point off d-scan range of the plexes they are in and fleet-warp us all at once so we can slide into one with minimal time for him to react to us showing up on d-scan. Then try to burn him down quickly and then get out asap before his friend arrives (because by then our fleet would have probably taken heavy damage). Or perhaps even leave system for a minute or two and then jump back in and try to catch them off guard that way (can't remember how busy the system was, if a tiny spike by us 4 would have been hard to notice in the local list).

Next time we will give Moritz a break from being the first to land in plexes, spread the blowing up around a bit... :lol:

Tl;dr: Thinks went boom on both sides, fun was had!
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image