[AAR] MinMil Magic Merlins

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Amoni Panala

[AAR] MinMil Magic Merlins

Post by Amoni Panala »

Roam Members
Spoiler
Amoni Panala
Groucho Bourdain
Pavel Hlawatsch
Shaemus O'Conor
Tamara Van Deijk
After weeks of cancelled fleets to encourage people to attend StratOps, we finally made it out to the Minmatar-Amarr warzone for some faction warfare fights. Unfortunately, we found ourselves in fights we just couldn't take. Our first engagement was a mistake. We were at the out gate when a hyperion landed. I wasn't planning to take a fight, but when the shooting started I ordered folks to jump and that's when I found out someone had already engaged. They couldn't jump because of their weapons timer. Bummer. Next we went into a plex. We were doing fine until an Omen warped in. I thought were fine, but apparently I was wrong. It took us out. After that I decided to reship into a Burst so I could provide some logi. I'm not sure whether switching to logi when we have such small numbers was really the play, but I wanted to try. My read on the situation was that the AmMil folks were bringing way more than we could take regardless. We needed like three more DD and another logi to make ourselves a threat. We ran into Hippla along the way and got into a pretty decent scrap with him at our side.

Merlin - 6,950,000
Merlin - 7,002,000
Merlin - 3,340,000
Merlin - 6,960,000
Merlin - 3,430,000

Imperial Navy Slicer - 27,710,000

I'm incredibly grateful to the folks who made the trek out. I also want to apologize to the handful of you who were not able to join us due to standings issues. It sucks, I hope we can fly together soon.

ISK Destroyed: 27,710,000
ISK Lost: 27,700,000
ISK Delta: 10,000

Despite losing 5 ships and destroying only 1, we managed to come out ISK positive. How about that?
Last edited by Amoni Panala on 2023.06.17 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Shaemus O'Conor

Re: [PVP] MinMil Magic Merlins

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

I'll take those 10k positive ISK delta! :D

Thanks for the fleet Amoni, was fun! Nice and relaxed coms and we even managed an offensive plex after all.

Annoying was that one blue MinMil pilot in his Thrasher Fleet Issue who decided to warp into our plex when the timer was down to about 2 minutes and just sit there leeching off the LPs ("seagulling" it is called I believe). He didn't even stick around and instead warped off when that Omen slid in on us seconds after we finished the plex, otherwise we might have taken it down with his firepower added (might have a terrible overview setup that didn't show us on grid which would explain his actions, but still...) :-?

As you said, the region was just a bit too spicy for our numbers, they continuously outshipped us with ever so slightly too powerful stuff.

You reshipping in the end to the logi Burst did help for sure, I don't think I would have survived long enough to keep the Imp Navy Slicer tackled otherwise. Nice thing is that this was the same guy who earlier took us down in that Omen, so we did get revenge in the end! :wink:

Also thanks to Hippla for basically being bait. :)

Keep it up, looking forward to your next fleet! o7
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image