[AAR] Minmatar FW Fleet - GCD Trasher @18:15 08 June

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Moritz Gaterau

[AAR] Minmatar FW Fleet - GCD Trasher @18:15 08 June

Post by Moritz Gaterau »

Roam members (6)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala - Breacher, Thrasher
Clarityz - Thrasher
Desmond Hawkins - Thrasher
Moritz Gaterau - Thrasher
Pavel Hlawatsch - Thrasher
Shaemus O'Conor - Thrasher
On the 08th of June, it was time again to help some amarrians in desperate need of separating their ships from their capsule.
We started with 5 brave pilots (FC included) with Clarityz catching up later during the fleet at 19:30ish EVE Time.
As I wanted to hunt for targets I asked for a scout and Amoni volunteered to fill that role in.

Kills and Losses

(18:48:18) Ezzara, Vard
Breacher -3.47m
Cormorant Navy Issue +48.35m
Thrasher -5.36m
Thrasher -9.4m
Thrasher -9.47m
Capsule -0.01m

Our first fight was in Ezzara. Our scout managed to secure tackle on a Cormorant Navy Issue, our scout died, but we were able to get the kill. I don't remember if there were other enemy ships inside, but if so we were not able to get tackle on them fast enough.
From Ezzara we went on to Vard (with our Scout reshipping). We found a blingy Exequror Navy Issue there (lossmail some time later from the same character: https://zkillboard.com/kill/109491180/). We lost half the fleet and were not able to take it down. At least not a complete fleet wipe. We regrouped and reshipped in staging and ventured again.

(19:17:19) Kamela
Thrasher -6.85m
Catalyst Navy Issue +30m
Breacher +4.35m

Back in ships, we ventured to Kamela and did some plexing there, hoping someone would go ahead and engage us. A Catalyst Navy Issue and a Breacher tried, we killed both and only lost one Trasher. After we successfully captured the plex and everybody was back inside the ship, we went hunting again.

(19:48:50) Kourmonen
Exequror +16.52m

At the outgate from Kamela to Kourmonen our scout reported a Exequror, a Coercer Navy Issue and a Cormorant Navy Issue (?).
Our Scout jumped into Kourmonen, to see if they would aggress the scout. And they did! :D I ordered the scout to crash gate and ordered the fleet to jump. I called the Exequror primary, to get enemy logi ASAP off the field, as I was unsure how well we could break the logi tank. Sadly, I did not order to also spread tackle, so the other targets simply warped away. Still a nice catch.

(19:56:57) Kourmonen
Thrasher -9.35m
Thrasher -6.07m
Punisher +5.14m
Thrasher -8.73m
Thrasher -9.05m
Thrasher -10.08m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

In Kourmonen we found plex with some good targets inside. "Sadly" they know what they were doing, they spread out and picked as off from distance, we were able to get one punisher that was close. All in all I wiped the fleet, this time completely, I think (?).
(20:18:19) Ezzara
Thrasher -9.35m
Thrasher -3.71m
Thrasher -9.4m
Thrasher -5.4m

It was getting late, so I was trying to get one last fight and then fold the fleet. Remember the Exequror Navy Issue? We tried it again, and whelped the Fleet again, only myself as FC was able to warp off :D
In retrospective, I should have called some other target, as the Exequror Navy issue was with a couple of frigates and destroyers, we could have taken some of them with us.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 104,356,792.2
ISK Lost: 105,713,417.56
ISK Delta: -1,356,625.36
Efficiency: 49.677%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    • Form up was smooth and quick. Overall, comms were very laid back comms.
    • Fun has been had.
    • During the fleet we did a number of plexes, every time we got faster in killing the enemy NPC, this was definitely a learning experience in getting efficient in doing FW plexes.
    • I am getting more comfortable with this doctrine, and I am getting more accustomed to handling it.
    • We nearly took every opportunity for PVP that day. A lot of action and fights.
    (Negative stuff)
    • I wiped the fleet like two and a half times :D
    • This is my first time having negative ISK delta, next time I would like that to be positive again.
    • In terms of picking targets and making sure to get kills, I need and want to improve (Spread Tackle!)
Overall, this was a good fleet again. Fun has been had and stuff has been learned!
Last edited by Moritz Gaterau on 2023.06.12 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage Image Image Image
Shaemus O'Conor

Re: AAR] Minmatar FW Fleet - GCD Trasher @18:15 08 June

Post by Shaemus O'Conor »

Fun was had indeed! \o/

The last welp was on me, at that point I've taken over +1 scouting in my Thrasher, something I've not done in a long while.

When I found a Punisher on D-Scan in a plex, warped to it and found it sitting outside the accel gate he slid nearly immediately. I then got far too greedy, called out to FC and got permission to slide after him, as per usual FC at that point warped the fleet to the accel gate to get them involved, too. What I should have done was take one or two seconds more and D-scan what was in the pocket. Turns out it was a trap as they were waiting for us. Still, good fight was had!

Another great fleet Moritz, looking forward to the next one. More please! :D
All praise the glorious Griffin!

Communications Officer - Quartermaster Officer

Ex-Communications Manager

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Moritz Gaterau

Re: AAR] Minmatar FW Fleet - GCD Trasher @18:15 08 June

Post by Moritz Gaterau »

Shaemus O'Conor wrote: 2023.06.12 08:35
The last welp was on me, at that point I've taken over +1 scouting in my Thrasher, something I've not done in a long while.

When I found a Punisher on D-Scan in a plex, warped to it and found it sitting outside the accel gate he slid nearly immediately. I then got far too greedy, called out to FC and got permission to slide after him, as per usual FC at that point warped the fleet to the accel gate to get them involved, too. What I should have done was take one or two seconds more and D-scan what was in the pocket. Turns out it was a trap as they were waiting for us. Still, good fight was had!
Thank you for your perspective on the last fight, I did not remember that detail. To be fair, I could have asked for what is inside the plex, instead of willingly taking the bait.

Still, the overall important part is, that we both seem to have learned something from that experience.
ImageImage Image Image Image