[AAR] FW GCD Thrashers Fleet 21 April 2023

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Ying Ti Charen-Teng

[AAR] FW GCD Thrashers Fleet 21 April 2023

Post by Ying Ti Charen-Teng »

Roam members (10)
Spoiler
Condus Ardeccus - Thrasher, Rifter
Flax Harakeke - Thrasher
Jay iron - Thrasher
Jose Audanie - Thrasher
Meniria de Tesino - Thrasher
Michael Tempest - Thrasher
Nadia Korovin - Thrasher
Talianium Benim - Thrasher, Atron, Caldari Navy Hookbill
Tomlin - Thrasher
Ying Ti Charen-Teng - Thrasher - FC
Kills and Losses

(01:17:50) Moclinamaud
We went into Moclinamaud and found an enemy cruiser fleet on a Medium ADV. It didn't look super scary, and I thought we could trade two navy cruisers. We slid in, and got surprised by a Curse. I primaried the highest DPS cruiser, and then the Curse afterwards, but we welped the fleet before the Curse died. Still ISK positive though, due to the Navy cruiser kill.
Thrasher -3.54m
Thrasher -3.55m
Thrasher -3.48m
Exequror Navy Issue +104.87m
Thrasher -8.85m
Thrasher -3.5m
Thrasher -3.5m
Thrasher -3.55m
Thrasher -8.85m
Thrasher -8.85m
Thrasher -8.84m

(01:38:15) Renarelle
We reshipped and went back into Moclinamaud again, but they declined to fight this time. So I thought they got scared and we went into Renarelle to oplex to earn some LP. We split up to maximize efficiency, and the crafty calmil guys warped in on us while we were split. Our reinforcements warped in piecemeal and we lost the battle once more. This time, we only got a caracal and a cormorant.
Thrasher -3.53m
Thrasher -3.52m
Thrasher -3.55m
Caracal +23.87m
Thrasher -3.44m
Thrasher -8.85m
Corax +7.37m
Thrasher -3.51m
Thrasher -3.5m
Thrasher -9.78m

(01:47:40) Renarelle
We reshipped and went back into Renarelle for revenge. Using dscan, we pinpointed them in a Medium NVY-5 with a sizable cruiser fleet. I thought we could trade well, so we went in. This time, we managed to kill a Navy cruiser and a corax, a little less than I had hoped, but still isk positive.
Thrasher -3.54m
Caracal Navy Issue +75.79m
Thrasher -3.55m
Thrasher -8.85m
Thrasher -8.85m
Thrasher -3.52m
Corax +5.55m
Thrasher -8.85m
Thrasher -3.51m

(02:04:36) Renarelle
With our t1 thrashers reships exhausted, the t1 thrasher pilots got into a few frigates that luckily we just had laying around. Without reships this time, I'm more hesitant to go into outnumbered fights to trade, so we went into Small plexes instead. Calmil was smart yet again and targetted the plex with the least amount of our ships, trying to catch us split apart. But this time we got on field on time, and convincingly won the first fight of the fleet.
Imperial Navy Slicer +15.98m
Cormorant Navy Issue +54.24m
Thrasher -3.34m
Corax +2.4m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +12.75m
Thrasher -3.39m
Cormorant Navy Issue +36.28m

(02:22:21) Renarelle
After our boys had time to reship, we started plexing again in Renarelle, and got into another fight. We traded well, and won this one too.
Condor +3.45m
Thrasher -3.52m
Atron -4.26m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +14.32m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +12.14m
Thrasher -3.28m
Corax +7.35m
Cormorant Navy Issue +41.3m
Thrasher +5.16m
Thrasher -8.38m

(02:39:56) Renarelle
Unfortunately we lost some irreplaceable t1 thrashers in the previous fight, so we had to resort to drastic measures. We grouped together the t1 guns we looted off our dead thrashers and managed to fit another one with t1 weapons, and I contracted a hookbill I had in Aubenall to Talianium, and then we were good to go.

This time, just as we settled in our plexes, Calmil slid in again on our weaker group. We begin warping in piecemeal and had a confused brawl. In the end we managed to take down a Corm navy, but lost three in the process. Somehow still ISK positive on that.
Thrasher -8.91m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -15.25m
Cormorant Navy Issue +35.38m
Thrasher -7.62m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 458,195,504.09
ISK Lost: 194,801,899.31
ISK Delta: 263,393,604.78
Efficiency: 70.168%

LP Gain: Around 25-26k, we only completed 1 plex and gained 17,577 LP from it, due to the constant fighting, but we did earn about 8k LP from kills.
ISK value (assuming 800 ISK per LP): 20,461,600 ISK

Overall evaluation
  • Lots of fights!
  • Overall, the fights were good, and we went isk positive.
  • = Not a lot of LP because of all the fights.
  • The first time we got split up (the third fight), I was too busy sending our thrashers to plexes instead of actively dscanning for the enemy, so the enemy took us by surprise, and we fed piecemeal. I should have delegated the dscan task to my fleet mates immediately after landing. Lesson learned!
  • Not enough t1 thrashers were staged, so we had to get creative. Next time I'll request more! Much thanks to the production department making this fleet possible!
Condus Ardeccus

Re: [AAR] FW GCD Thrashers Fleet 21 April 2023

Post by Condus Ardeccus »

Would it be helpful to prefix ship names during ops? Not a perfect solution as someone can change their ship name to match.

Might also be useful to review a few key pvp basics before undocking, I joined a bit late, so I dont know if covered it, for the newest folks knowing to keep moving in combat, the 5 second invulnerability when warping into a plex, when to prop, web and scram and overheat.

After 6 or 7 of these fights I feel like I am bit closer to getting ahead of the ship, or at least not being quite so far behind. The last engagement I participated in I was able to web two targets and assist with dps on many of the targets.

Still think I have a long ways to go before I feel competent.

Lastly. Thanks for running this. FW has been my favorite content so far, even if the isk is a bit inconsistent, the content is good and I think most folks are learning at an accelerated pace
Tomlin

Re: [AAR] FW GCD Thrashers Fleet 21 April 2023

Post by Tomlin »

I really enjoyed this fleet. The near-constant action kept it real interesting, and the match-ups where a lot of the fights were quite close and not just a face-roll one way or the other kept it exciting. Even having to scrounge to throw together ship fittings was a bit of fun just for something different.

2 days training away from the T2 guns for me, so I'll be more prepared for the next one!