[AAR] FW After-Class Fleet

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Ying Ti Charen-Teng

[AAR] FW After-Class Fleet

Post by Ying Ti Charen-Teng »

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Bruce Wii - Condor
Calus Valmont - Kestrel
Iis Foolio - Merlin
Iskandar Fehrnah - Condor
Jay iron - Condor, Thrasher
Kludge Parnalen - Tristan
Kronos Falx - Incursus
Michael Tempest - Condor
Notvegantofu - Condor
Ryane Skye - Condor
Shukken Tekitsu - Merlin
Talianium Benim - Tormentor
Tomlin - Condor
Traven O'Toole - Condor
Veridical Skylark - Incursus, Velator, Atron
Ying Ti Charen-Teng - Condor - FC
The war zone near Heydieles was pretty quiet today, because attention shifted towards the western war zone of the Eugales pocket instead.

Kills and Losses

(19:26:41) Indregulle
We caught a Tristan doing a plex in Indregulle, and didn't lose anyone, thankfully!
Tristan +1.64m

Afterwards, we calmly split up our fleet and oplexed a bit in Abune and Deven, doing 2-3 plexes each and generating decent LP.

(20:21:21) Deven
An arbitrator warped in onto some of our guys in a medium and engaged, then one of his friends in an algos warped in as well, when our backup landed. We killed the Algos but the Arbitrator broke tackle and warped off.
Incursus -3.14m
Algos +11.18m

(20:39:41) Deven
A pirate navy destroyer and navy frigate gang jumped into Deven and started to chase us around, and sadly Ryane got caught.
Condor -2.59m
Capsule -0.01m

(20:46:40) Deven
I decided to regroup and take the fight despite being outshipped, thinking we could killed 3-4 of them and win the ISK efficiency. But it seems like we were more outmatched than I thought, and only managed to kill two before the fleet welped.
Federation Navy Comet +22.36m
Condor -3.4m
Condor -7.54m
Merlin -6.04m
Merlin -15.25m
Condor -9.98m
Condor -3.2m
Thrasher Fleet Issue +45.24m
Condor -2.74m
Incursus -8.43m
Condor -2.1m
Tormentor -8.88m
Condor -2.14m
Tristan -2.38m
Atron -3.8m
Kestrel -6m

(21:12:15) Deven
We reshipped into Thrashers for round 2 and to finish our plexes back in Deven, but the pirate gang already left. During the plexing process, our friend Jay Iron got caught outside of a plex by a nano pirate Vedmak and died. I opted not to engage because our thrashers were a lot slower and wouldn't be able to catch it.
Thrasher -8.8m

Afterwards, we set our sights on the Abune battlefield. Since it was up for over an hour already, I thought it was probably deserted and needed larger ships to help. So we started forming a Caracal fleet in Heydieles HQ with 7 Caracals and 2 Scythes and other support ships to help take the Abune Battlefield. But it took some time, and by then Snuff was camping the Abune gate in 4 Marshals. So I decided to stand down the caracal fleet and instead ship down to frigates to run the camp.

We succeeded getting off the gate with no losses, but slid into the battlefield a bit too late to be much help as the battlefield was already about to finish. I asked our fleet to guard the neutral rally point in case pirates slide in, and watched the timer tick down. (+150k LP) We were kind of seagulling that battlefield since we slid in with frigates when it was about to complete, but it was under 30, and everyone got full pay out anyway, and... blame snuff (and cryptic).

(21:56:02) Heydieles
On the way back, Ryane in the Condor got caught by Snuff. Ryane's a bit unlucky today. After regrouping in Heydieles, I stood the fleet down.
Condor -2.09m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 80,416,544.91
ISK Lost: 98,524,476.6
ISK Delta: -18,107,931.69
Efficiency: 44.94%

LP Gained: FC earned about 226k LP from this fleet.*
Converted to ISK (assuming 800 ISK per LP): 180.8m ISK

* LP gain is on a personal basis, but this should be a good ballpark number for the fleetmates who made it to the battlefield at the end.

Overall evaluation
  • I under-estimated the pirate fleet and welped without taking many of them down.
  • I had some trouble multi-tasking plex assignment and helping others reship at the same time. Could have used more delegation on this front.
  • I did not prepare a cruiser doctrine for taking battlefields, and the caracals form-up took quite awhile.
  • We seagulled a battlefield
  • We were able to split plexes quite efficiently and tick down multiple plexes at the same time
  • We earned pretty good LP
Traven O'Toole

Re: [AAR] FW After-Class Fleet

Post by Traven O'Toole »

Fun fleet with solid numbers letting us split plexes well. FC had reships available in Heydieles, which came in handy.

Felt like solid response time for the Algos, sad we didn't catch the Arbitrator. We went into the big fight in Deven hoping for a couple more kills, but we were pretty outmatched. Still a fun encounter, and no capsules down. Was hoping we'd catch them back up after reship into destroyer, but I did get some hands-on with ship trade and regrouping.

FC communication was good and clear, maybe splitting attention a little too much and delegating reships or plex assignments wouldn't have hurt, but I never felt like Ying was losing control or panicking.

I left before the Battlefield, and it might have been that without the destroyer reship the fleet would have made it there before it was too dead, but the choice to try to reengage with more appropriate ships felt like a good one to me.

Hope to fly with ya again o7
Orientation Officer
FC Team Officer
Sophomore
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage