[AAR] Magic Merlins 4 April 2023

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Moritz Gaterau

[AAR] Magic Merlins 4 April 2023

Post by Moritz Gaterau »

Roam members (18)
Spoiler
Alex EpicPotato - Merlin
Amoni Panala - Burst
Ansfren Beldrulf
Arbz Delany - Burst
B'aldrick Aivoras - Merlin
Gaelys Aarmenvar - Slasher
Gurna Smunkle - Merlin
HarryPig - Merlin
Iis Foolio - Condor
Menelmir - Merlin
Moritz Gaterau - Merlin
Nessie Black - Burst
Notvegantofu - Merlin, Slasher
Riak Melkan - Merlin
Rixxie Boo - Merlin
Saani Otoe - Merlin
Yokota Kimiko - Merlin
Zee Cesaille - Merlin
At the 4th April, I took out the Magic Merlins for the first time. I was my biggest fleet in terms of fleet members and I recognized some names who joined on my previous fleets, which made me quite happy already. After a smooth form-up, we set our destination to Abune, which was looking very active that day. We engaged fleet warp nearly perfect on time to the Ostingele gate, but it seems that I start to build a habit of starting the roam 5 minutes after my targeted time. Our scouts for the roam were Gaelys Arrmenvar and Iis Foolio.

Kills and Losses

Our roam was mostly uneventful, till we arrived in Heydieles, which was more active than I anticipated. Our scout reported a Navy Comet, we engaged it and I called for EWAR only. I underestimated the DPS of the Comet, and we lost a Merlin and our scout, next time I want to consider the DPS of a solo target before calling for EWAR.

(19:14:49) Heydieles
Slasher -7.84m
Merlin -5.52m
Federation Navy Comet +21.42m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.01m

Our other scout reported a Loki, at the Abune Outgate I called for tackle, but the Loki we (probably) RLML fit and killed our scout. The Fleet landed on the gate and the Loki was a couple of KM off. Saani podded Iis on request, so he can reship faster. We waited for the weapons timer and jumped into Abune.

(19:20:00) Heydieles
Condor -5.81m
Capsule -0.67m

I don't remember anything about this kill.

(19:25:25) Heydieles
Slasher -7.84m
Capsule -0.01m

NotVeganTofu took on scouting duty and was able to catch us a Merlin, in the process we lost our scout. I don't know this how logi loss came to be.

(19:34:35) Abune
Merlin -2.58m
Burst -2.08m
Merlin +10.37m

Gaelys was reunited with the fleet and tackled a Vigil Fleet Issue. Smooth Kill!

(19:47:59) Abune
Vigil Fleet Issue +24.61m

After Abune we headed for Tama. We took a short break in Nisuwa, some people traded ships around, because at least on logi was leaving the fleet, because of that we still continued with 4 logi.
Arriving in Tama we lost our scout to a Wolf.

(20:12:42) Tama
Slasher -4.74m

After Tama we headed back to Stacmon, we crossed some active system while doing that. Saani took over Scouting duties and was able to catch us a Caracal, the last kill of the day.

(20:18:57) Sujarento
Caracal +19.12m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 75,511,368.13
ISK Lost: 37,119,301.94
ISK Delta: 38,392,066.19
Efficiency: 67.043%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    • It was a great fleet in terms of learning, it was my first time taking out the Magic Merlins.
    • It was my biggest fleet so far, it is nice to see people showing up for my fleets.
    • Least but not least, it seems like everyone had fun.
    (Negative stuff)
    • Especially in Abune and Heydieles comms were a bit hectic and I had a bit of trouble with catching up on scout intel on targets and keeping the fleet together, for my next fleets I want to handle this better. Maybe that also explains the one logi loss in Abune?
    • I miscalculated the DD:Logi ratio. I took the ratio from the Golde Horde (the fleet composition from my last fleets) instead of the advised ratio from the doctrine page. I recognized this in Nisuwa while we took a break :D Because of that we were overall one logi short, which didn't affect us negatively, but in a fleet fight with a similar fleet we would be in a disadvantage.
ImageImage Image Image Image