[Solo] The Vigil Menace

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

[Solo] The Vigil Menace

Post by Kelon Darklight »

So I was challenging myself to fly ships I didn't regularly use for pvp, revisiting such concepts at the battle osprey, and trying some new things like max application ham bellicose and mwd scram maulus navy. I was in pyfa trying to determine if I wanted to fly a dramiel when the vigil caught my eye, and I remembered it had 5 mid slots. I start toying around with different ideas and land on trying to make rockets work as I wanted the best dps I could get out of a ship with 0 actual combat damage bonuses.

The first version of the fit that I didn't field looked a bit like this:
Spoiler
[Vigil, Rage against the Machine]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Afterburner II
Tracking Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket

Small Transverse Bulkhead II

Hobgoblin II x1

Inferno Javelin Rocket x350
Inferno Rage Rocket x350
Mjolnir Javelin Rocket x350
Mjolnir Rage Rocket x350
Nova Javelin Rocket x350
Nova Rage Rocket x350
Scourge Javelin Rocket x350
Scourge Rage Rocket x350
Nanite Repair Paste x10
Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket x350
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x350
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x350
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x350
Optimal Range Disruption Script x1
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x1
I was worried though that due to all fights going to have to drag out the base hp wasn't enough to make the concept work, as with a maximum of 94 heated dps with rage, and possibly lower if I needed to use faction. I toyed around with the idea of two TDs instead of 1 TD as 2 TD should effectively neuter any turret ship alive, and that would be viable, but I decided to look into getting some sustain on it instead.

That lead me to this fit:
Spoiler
[Vigil, Rage against the Machine v2]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

1MN Afterburner II
Tracking Disruptor II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50
Warp Scrambler II

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small EM Shield Reinforcer II
Small Thermal Shield Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x1

Inferno Javelin Rocket x350
Inferno Rage Rocket x350
Mjolnir Javelin Rocket x350
Mjolnir Rage Rocket x350
Nova Javelin Rocket x350
Nova Rage Rocket x350
Scourge Javelin Rocket x350
Scourge Rage Rocket x350
Navy Cap Booster 50 x35
Nanite Repair Paste x10
Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket x350
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x350
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x350
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x350
Optimal Range Disruption Script x1
Tracking Speed Disruption Script x1
With 2k ehp in the ASB I felt pretty confident I could eventually get someone with this, and with a base speed of 1333 m/s it should have the ability to range control vs turret dessies and frigates. And boy did it ever!

My first fight was also almost my last, I assumed the cata navy I was sliding into was blasters, and instead played right into his rail fit cata hands, I barely managed to adjust and get under his guns in low structure, and the TD was clutch in helping me stay alive at that point. https://zkillboard.com/kill/107156388/

The next fight I was a bit leery about, but a mwd rail comet aggressed me at low rang so I went for it and managed to get under his guns, and thankfully he already had some damage as it would have been much harder without that.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/107156483/

Next up was a cata, which I range control and TD him down so he couldn't project on me, and it worked well enough to get me the win.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/107156704/

Then I had to fight one of the strongest beam scram kiters that exist, the tormentor, which is a very solid fit normally but with the speed and the td I easily get under guns and his 2 drones aren't enough to stop me from killing him.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/107156962/

Then the final fight I had I fought against a coercer that was somewhat oddly fit, I was able to get under his guns well enough but in this fight the brutally low dps of the vigil started showing its hand and backup arrived just before I killed him, so https://zkillboard.com/kill/107157494/ and I go out in a blaze of glory after a mere 4 volleys from that hookbill.

I decide that screw the challenge about flying new ships, going back out for more vigil action! Some things became very apparent, drone boats were very rough to consider fighting, as it had no way to seriously mitigate the damage. Taking fights in high population systems usually meant death or abandoning the fight as the low dps meant long kill times, so plenty of time for backup to arrive. It was also very limited in what fights it could take as it was so weak that only ships that only had turrets you could beat consistently. It did attract alot of fights though as most people are pretty happy to murder a vigil as its a helpless baby seal usually. And at the end, nothing was quite a funny as memeing on faction dessies with a vigil.
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Xyrin Bacard
Title: Freshman

Re: [Solo] The Vigil Menace

Post by Xyrin Bacard »

Yas queen! Slayyy!