[AAR] Nullbear Hunt @ 29-04-21

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Marek Holmberg

[AAR] Nullbear Hunt @ 29-04-21

Post by Marek Holmberg »

Roam members (14)
Spoiler
Albedo183 - Imperial Navy Slicer
Clemence DeGrace - Imperial Navy Slicer Navigator/3IC
Io Dadunur
Jack Colquitt
Johan IV Hilanen - Wolf
John Juulianos
Kimeemaru - Wolf Navigator
Luc Arbosa - Svipul Combat Prober
Marek Holmberg - Wolf FC
Mike Kingswell - Heretic Navigator/Bubbleboy
Otto Shultz - Wolf
Red Fish
Roscoe Ormand - Imperial Navy Slicer 2IC
Yto Itinen - Stiletto Scout
Kills and Losses

I Prelude

On the way to our Staging WH Scout encountered a Mammoth that was gonna jump into the fleet that was sitting in the Mammoth's ingate. So naturally it was "Orbit at 10 and grab it as soon as it uncloaks", which worked out well. We blapped the Mammoth pretty quickly, it dropped 3 ships which we then "borrowed" for safe keeping.
We lost a slicer to gateguns, that could have been avoided with better instructions by me, will have to keep that in mind for next time. We spend so much time in WH/NS that i usually dont think too much about gateguns and just assume people know how they work.
(18:25:38) Covryn
Mammoth +46.19m
Imperial Navy Slicer -24.19m

II Obligatory Death to Drifters

It's not a real Nullbear Hunt if not at least one pilot loses their ship to drifters.. ;)
(18:57:00) ZK-YQ3, J164710
Svipul -106.47m

III Hury up and wait

We spent an awefull lot of time trying to thirdparty on an ESS heist. In the end it was a lot of waiting for no payoff. I quite enjoyed the attempt overall but i suppose not everyone did.. ;)

Half the fleet left at around 21:00 and ofc we found some (light) content shortly after that:

IV That seemed so random

Random polarized nemesis that jumped into us (Scout saw him jump so we where prepared)
(21:16:09) RF-K9W
Nemesis +120.93m

V 3 Multipoxed Retrievers

Again, scout informed us that 3 Retrievers where jumping into us, so we prepared accordingly. Tackle was spread and called nicely and we killed them off one by one (after i had to remind people on what to primary multiple times... not the best targeting discipline i have seen but it ended up well).
(21:32:23) AJI-MA
Retriever +57.95m
Retriever +61.79m
Retriever +61.79m

VI 21:50 - Home for tea and medals :)

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 348,646,419
ISK Lost: 130,665,085.82
ISK Delta: 217,981,333.18
Efficiency: 72.739%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
  • Scanning went well and i was pleasantly surprised that everyone managed to abide by the naming sceme for our shared bookmarks. It might seem very minor, but it's good because we dont have to waste time on figuring out which signatures lead to which system. :)
  • Spreading and calling tackle in that engagement with the 3 retrievers went pretty well.
  • Trying to thirdparty at the ESS was fun even though it didn't lead to anything
  • Navigators did a good job as always. Having the routes easily digestable in fleetchat makes a huge difference and i appreciate it very much! :)
    (Negative stuff)
  • The PvP finder spreadsheet didn't work properly this time and that one was on me, i shall prepare it better for next week. :)
  • When our bubbler had to leave i should have replaced him. That did cost us at least one, probably more like 3 ganking opportunities.
  • Better instructions about gateguns next time. The mechanic itself is not complicated but not everyone is familiar with it.
  • Trying to thirdparty at the ESS didn't lead to anything and was overall a huge (!) waste of our time sadly. We spent most of our time around that area waiting for an opportunity and could have used it better elsewhere. But then again, hindsight is 20/20...
  • Not a lot of actions for a fleet going over 3 hours. Not much to do about that, there is always a random element to this which can't be avoided entirely, especially as we dont have a doctrine that can take a lot of "real fights" in Null. It's why we came up with the PvP-finder and my takeway is to make extra sure it runs properly before next weeks to increase our chances of finding good content.
Thanks everyone for joning, i hope you enjoyed yourself and will join us next week when we do this all over again.. :)
HSC Officer
Teaching Officer
Image Image
Image Image Image
Arin Mara

Re: [AAR] Nullbear Hunt @ 29-04-21

Post by Arin Mara »

You opened your maws and the Fleets jumped into it! :P hahahahahhah

What do you mean the PvP Finder didn't work? :P It works flawlessly, its just that I want there to pull the levers :D
Where was I? Well... I took a walk with one of my lifelong friends, then they gave me my birthday present, asked if I wanted to come in for a drink, a drink turned into a meal and then they drove me back home because I stayed so late :P

On one hand I'm sorry you didn't eat more ships, but on the other I'm glad the PvP FInder is having a notice effect. :)
Next week, fear not, I'll be there to pull the levers :) :)
Kimeemaru

Post by Kimeemaru »

I was promoted to navigator after one of the other navigators had internet issues. So I'm not up to date on it all. But I believe the Find Prey! tab wasn't sorted, and had blank rows scattered in between systems with nice delta averages. Possibly it also did not update either.

We were still able to navigate, we just had to use our brain for once.
Marek Holmberg

Post by Marek Holmberg »

Before anyone gets any wrong idea, the "Find Prey!" tab acting up was totally my mistake. It works properly when fed properly, which i did not do...

Will fix that untill next week.. :)
HSC Officer
Teaching Officer
Image Image
Image Image Image