LSC- The hunt and the roam

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Fonggar Akiga

LSC- The hunt and the roam

Post by Fonggar Akiga »

Thanks to everyone that came out on the hunt/roam.

The roam was planned in 2 parts,
1) hunt for a smartbomber / gate campers
2) lowsec roam

Hunting roster
Spoiler
Anidien Dallacort
Jess Goldberg
Vlye Annages
Joe Bolt
Spanktracula
Mors Mihi Lucrum
Sean Yakin
Na'Monk
Akula Shugus
Elemag Vtori
William Buell Richards
Kithian Hastos
Trajen Syn
Viscatus
Julius ReifrardRenlard Toten
We had the caracals originally stage out of Eugales and the originally tackle out of osmeden since the smartbombers normally have
eyes one system over to picket for their blingy battleships.
One system over in AUB, we owned the system so I took the risk of parking DD in picket range, holding at the gate.
The tackles that passed through OUL from Osmeden also held at the gate.
We had the tackles come in and out, and I also passed through the system in a cloaky ship, ibis, and then finally nereus without baiting success.
I made a jump through after a short spell, just in time to see the smartbomber chase a unista, while smartbombing, at the gate. Odd really since I thought they were normally stationary.
The unista was actually trying to go to formup location and became the unwitting bait.
I burned towards the battleship, and called the rest of the fleet in. The tackles got the scram before I even finished locking. lol.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/92332843/
And that was that. One good thing about the nereus, was that it could pick up the bulk of the wreck. Ha.

Roaming roster
Spoiler
Anidien Dallacort
Jess Goldberg
Vlye Annages
Spanktracula
Viscatus
Mors Mihi Lucrum
Sean Yakin
Na'Monk
Akula Shugus
Elemag Vtori
William Buell Richards
Kithian Hastos
We decided to go roam to Tama, and then yeet from there to pochven as an exit.
We saw a domi come into Eugales while we were preparing and we engaged at the gate.
We got down to half armor and then realized the ship was bait when the rest of the fleet, stabber, VNI, Tempest, jumped the gate.
Ha, we got baited ourselves, what a fickle mistress luck is. We lost a logi and a tackle before we could get away.

At Tama, there was a frigate fight going on, maybe a fightclub of sorts so we didn't get much engagement.
We yeeted out to null, Paragon Soul, and roamed a bit, but nothing was engaging us. Ishtars were tethered and some robot eyes were tracking
us in every system we went into. So we stole some ESS money and they sent a Nightmare, Golem, and Cerberus after us.
Lost a caracal at that point.

It was getting late, so yeeted out to pochven. Special thanks to Viscatus for finding the exit WH. And then went home to our respective campuses.

Good wholesome pew pewing all around.

I learned about ESS, hunting, and getting hunted all in in night.
We'll refine the plan for hunting and see if we can bring the show on the road.
Thanks,
Fonggar

ImageImageImage
Viscatus

Re: LSC- The hunt and the roam

Post by Viscatus »

I know you've been working on the plan to get the Smartbombers so always good to see a plan come to fruition.

Now for an official ESS doctrine plz.