[NPSI] Pedal to the Metal: Moar Deeps!

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Yto Itinen

[NPSI] Pedal to the Metal: Moar Deeps!

Post by Yto Itinen »

Roam members (17)
Spoiler
Coaxster - Heretic
Conci Furiram
JohnPlayerNotSpecial - Wolf
McEricita
Muon Farstrider - Malediction
Tallanvor - Hyena
Ulrik Elristan - Wolf
Valdgir Munchausen - Wolf
Yto Itinen - Retribution
DubbleBubble - Retribution
Pitheas Attikos - Confessor
OhLawd Hecoming - Imperial Navy Slicer
Destiny567 Moser - Retribution
Zeerse Solaris - Thalia
Clemence DeGrace - Thalia
Gaelys Aarmenvar - Thalia
moyraine
Thanks to all who showed up, the AAR tool is not optimized for mixed NPSI roams, so forgive me if something is amiss!
We formed up in Jita and we had to iron out some technical difficulties with coms and fleets, but we managed to undock
at 19.45 and headed to our wormhole. The comp was a bit light on deeps and we would have loved a command dessie, but
we tried to make do.

Kills and Losses

Our first hole is amazing, as Muon manages to tackle a Thanny 2 jumps out in Frat space. We immediately go and support him, and once the Thanny is bubbled up we have the Hyena web down the fighters and logi is holding us really well. Good bounces in and out, and the Thanny armor is going down. We ping for help, they bring a corvette on grid which we clear pretty quickly. Thanny is going down slowly and steadily, so I call for short range ammo, as now we know he has no smartbombs. The slight DPS increase is working, Thanny is at 25% armor but they manage to land a response fleet pretty quickly on us, Arazu and caracals. We have pre-aligned out and once we left the bubble we extract, losing only the Confessor in the process.

(20:04:55) 2CG-5V
Velator +0m
Confessor -58.21m

Muon and Coaxster report 4 Scimitars first and a Machariel fleet a bit later, so we are considering catching some stragglers.
Looks like a Leshak is alone, but turns out he had at least one or two Machariels turn back to support him, so when the fleet lands on grid,
we have two targets, Shak and Mach. I call for the Shak to be primary, as it it's the slower of the two, and we try to burn it down. We are doing a good job but their fleet spikes system again and I pre-align us out. They land a Single Scimi on grid, which we immediately primary, but we cannot kill it before it catches reps. We manage to extract again, losing a wolf and a retri.

(20:43:04) H-64KI
Wolf -50.61m
Retribution -69.21m

We try to hunt a few cloakies along the way, a Loki and a Tengu in two different occasions, but they
are paying attention to D-scan and disappear. To finish the roam on a high, we head to the border between
Catch and Provi, which is ridiculously deserted. The only thing we see is a Gnosis with Thoraxes and Exeqs as a backup.
First they bait us with the Gnosis, which has no weapons, so probably full neut fit. Then a Stabber, which we kill right as they
try to come back and rescue.

(22:02:20) G7AQ-7
Stabber +69.11m
Capsule +0.01m

After a long game of cat and mouse, we try to catch a part of their fleet using the Heretic, but the first bubble misfires.
We push forward and Coaxster sacrifices his Heretic to bubble the enemy fleet on the last gate before losec.
At the beginning both parties are assuming positions, they go straight for our logi and we return the favor.
We manage to anchor and kite well but they also manage to stabilize their logi wing and we switch targets a few times,
but we ain't breaking them. They have no soft targets beside a Punisher so everything is catching reps. The only weapon they have
are drones, which we kite easily. Suddenly they de-aggress and jump into losec, ending the fight.

(22:21:22) R3-K7K, LWX-93
Heretic -82.88m
Thalia -42.32m
Thalia -41.1m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 69mill
ISK Lost: 344mill
ISK Delta: -275mill
Efficiency: 16.7%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positives)
    1)We found an incredible amount of content straight out of the bat, thanks to Muon and Coaxter working as a team to find targets.
    2)Logi did a great job holding us against the carrier's fighters and on the other fights.
    3)Fleet discipline and maneuvering were great, especially in the last fight. The Wolves responded well when called out to come back,
    fleet was doing some pretty hectic changes in directions and beside the moment we landed on grid, we kept range to our advantage.

(To Improve)
    1)Formup and coms setup took a bit of time, hindered by a technical issue on the FC side.
    2)Numbers were good, but the theme of this roam was the lack of dps, a few more ships would have done wonders.
    2.1)The Retribution being damage locked and the abundance of armor targets we faced meant hitting always their best resists.
    3)Without the command dessie, our options for breaking up fleets with logi were severely limited. The skirmish bursts also reduce
    the maneuverability gap between our DD and logi, making the fleet more cohesive.
Thanks to all who joined, hope we get to fly together again!
Fly dangerous!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Arin Mara

Re: [NPSI] Pedal to the Metal: Moar Deeps!

Post by Arin Mara »

I was wondering why you requested Bombers... you caught a Thanatos Carrier! :D Just my luck! The only day I can't make it you find a Capital Ship, it spews out Fighters the size of Corvettes while you fire volley after volley of high explosive ammo into its underbelly... It must have been a glorious sight :) Did you take a photo or two? :)
Yto Itinen wrote: 2021.03.21 17:07 ... their fleet spikes system again and I pre-align us out.
Do you mean you gave the Align order verbally thought Teamspeak or did you align the Fleet by making everyone take warp to a location but then order that everyone to cancel warp?
Yto Itinen wrote: 2021.03.21 17:07 They land a Single Scimi on grid, which we immediately primary, but we cannot kill it before it catches reps.
Help me picture this: you are firing at the Leshak, but then one Shield Boosting Scimitar lands. You then order the Fleet to switch targets and fire at the Scimitar. What happens then? Did the other three Scimitars land or did the Scimitar somehow Boost its own Shields?

The last fight sounds intense! Too bad you were hitting their resistance fortress (as oppose to their resistance hole :P)

Sounds everyone had lots of fun :) When is the revanche? :P
Yto Itinen

Re: [NPSI] Pedal to the Metal: Moar Deeps!

Post by Yto Itinen »

Hey Arin, sorry you didn't get to join!
... their fleet spikes system again and I pre-align us out.
I verbally asked people to align to a broadcast.
What happens then? Did the other three Scimitars land or did the Scimitar somehow Boost its own Shields
The other 3 Scimitars and the rest of their fleet landed on grid and repaired the first logi

I hope I can get to make another saturday swashbuckling soon, but probably not next week.
The regular nullbear hunting on thursdays is still there :D
Fly fun!
ImageImage
ImageImage