[AAR] Kawaii Kestrels Yeet Fleet 3/15/21

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
John Juulianos

[AAR] Kawaii Kestrels Yeet Fleet 3/15/21

Post by John Juulianos »

Roam members (12)
Spoiler
Chronos The Keeper - Kestrel
Etri Orlenard
FeistyOtter - Condor
Gaelys Aarmenvar
Hikaru Sakai - Kestrel
Jack Colquitt
John Juulianos - Kestrel
Ricky Steamboat
Sainaras Aishai - Slasher
Sean Yakin - Kestrel
Ukan Uitoh
Violet Zavaleta
Kills and Losses

Fleet formed up with 12 people in Amygnon, and after a slightly late undock (talking a while for the newbro and waiting for a fleet member to catch up into Amy) we yeeted and went to Stain, specifically 0-7XA8.

We progressed up the systems to T-8UOF, before that system we found a couple random ships, a Malediction, a Thrasher, and an Stratios in various systems, but never found them. Scouts went into T-8U and found more people in the system than the other systems before, but couldn't locate anyone undocked in the system. I had asked the scouts to jump into Z-R96X to see if there was any noticeable activity in there, but the Scout we had left didn't find anything. (Feisty got blown up by a Faction Fortizar in T-8U)

Kestrels had jumped into T-8U but we orbited 500m around the gate, my idea was to keep an eye out incase something popped out or the scout got jumped. Since we were in a pocket, we were essentially guarding the way in and out. As the Scout was returning to regroup with us, a Kikimora appeared 100km off the gate we were Orbiting. I wasn't sure what their plan was, so I reiterated to the fleet to keep at 500m orbit around the gate. I wanted to be able to escape if we needed to. The Kiki started spiraling in towards us, and when it got to ~40k from us I decided to take the bait and told the fleet to approach the Kiki and we went after it. One issue I saw in hindsight was I was much further ahead of the other Kestrels towards the Kiki, and I might have been the only one damaging it. I did get point on the Kiki, but It was able to kill me and I had Gaelys take over the fleet (since OFC I forgot to assign a 2IC ahead of time). Kiki had some reinforcements come in, a Tornado, Stratios, Jaguar, and Arazu. Gaelys (and I) definitely realized we couldn't take these and bailed through the gate back to safety. Hikaru had pointed the stratios who was 2nd to come in, and couldn't jump because of the weapons timer.

(17:59:49) T-8UOF
Condor -7.42m
Capsule -0.01m
Kestrel -4.81m
Slasher -7.41m
Kestrel -4.3m
Kestrel -5.1m
Kestrel -4.29m
Capsule -0.01m

At this point, with it being a Yeet Fleet, reships weren't available near the system we were in, and so Gaelys took over with the couple people left and tried to hunt around for extra content with the five or six people left in the fleet.

(18:55:02) DSS-EZ
Kestrel -4.3m
Kestrel -5.05m
Kestrel -5.78m
Kestrel -4.51m
Kestrel -4.29m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 57,338,171.13
ISK Delta: -57,338,171.13
Efficiency: 0%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
  • Even though most others say I do good with the past Newbro speeches, I definitely felt a lot better doing it this time. Didn't have any questions or confusion mentioned, but some fleet mates did mention a couple of special things I should add to it. Could have been a bit more "on point" so to speak with posting the related links so there wasn't awkward pauses in my speech.
  • This was the first fleet for a couple people, my first time both in Null and doing a yeet fleet. I do believe FeistyOtter said this was his first time scouting for a fleet and I think he did well.
  • While I am sad about how the fleet went, I definitely feel like i learned alot about operating in Null and got a better idea on how to conduct fleets like this.
  • Going with all T1 fits definitely did help with the ISK loss not being as bad as it could have been, but a lot of the fleet mates wanted a T2 fit available, so I'll be trying to add a couple into the fleet contracts in the future.

(Negative stuff)
  • Messed up a couple of things with the setup (Wrong scripts for the Sensor Damps, forgot to assign a 2IC, and generally caused a lot of confusion with the mid slot left empty.)
  • I think I could definitely have handled the fight itself a bit differently. Should have checked Dscan for the reinforcments coming in, not running myself ahead of the fleet chasing the Kiki (though obviously in hindsight engaging the Kiki was a bad idea). Fleetmates were definitely happy we found a fight, but I feel kinda bad it was just a complete whelp.
  • Issues with the Yeeting itself. This was my first time using Needlejack filaments, so I had some issues with getting us out in the first place (had to be off much further from structures than I thought, and had to set safeties to non-green) and I didn't think to bring extras with me. Extra filaments would have been much better since we had little content in Stain, and moving to better hunting fields would have been a good idea to have thought of. Also should give extras to a 2IC (and 3IC if applicable) so this option is still available if the FC(s) get killed.
  • More of a Meh point, but not sure if I should have gone with Noise filaments instead. We used Signal ones and that was part of the issue with us having a hard time finding content. I was afraid that using Noise would land us in extremely busy war zones where we couldn't possibly take anything we found. Perhaps that fear is a bit unfounded, but I'll be trying Noise next fleet to see how that goes.
This is only one fleet here, I do have another one planned for Friday that I'll also post details for in here after that one is done: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=120632

Feel free to come if you want to have another good time yeeting into Null with me, now that I got a better idea on what to deal with.
Last edited by John Juulianos on 2021.03.15 19:51, edited 2 times in total.
Graduate - Junior FC - Wiki Officer
Former Fittings Officer - Former AMC Officer - Former LSC Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
John Juulianos

Re: [AAR] Kawaii Kestrels Yeet Fleet 3/15/21

Post by John Juulianos »

[Reserved for Friday Fleet AAR]
Graduate - Junior FC - Wiki Officer
Former Fittings Officer - Former AMC Officer - Former LSC Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Etri Orlenard

Post by Etri Orlenard »

10/10 would yeet 57M ISK again
Miach Mihie

Post by Miach Mihie »

More of a Meh point, but not sure if I should have gone with Noise filaments instead. We used Signal ones and that was part of the issue with us having a hard time finding content. I was afraid that using Noise would land us in extremely busy war zones where we couldn't possibly take anything we found. Perhaps that fear is a bit unfounded, but I'll be trying Noise next fleet to see how that goes.
Signal goes to active space, Noise to not really active. Typo?
Issues with the Yeeting itself. This was my first time using Needlejack filaments, so I had some issues with getting us out in the first place (had to be off much further from structures than I thought, and had to set safeties to non-green) and I didn't think to bring extras with me. Extra filaments would have been much better since we had little content in Stain, and moving to better hunting fields would have been a good idea to have thought of. Also should give extras to a 2IC (and 3IC if applicable) so this option is still available if the FC(s) get killed.
On my roam fleets I always take 5 filament on undock. 2 noises + 3 signals. And remember to bring Pochven filaments too in case you need to extract.