AAR #MMM #4

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Viscatus

AAR #MMM #4

Post by Viscatus »

This was our fourth outing of Murderous Midweek Mining and we were bound to get a night more on the murder side of things.

The Rundown

We go mining in dangerous space and I had picked Archee in Pochven as our destination for the evening. We had a small mishap with one of the new pilots not warping off fast enough when the "friendly" Triglavian NPC fleet landed on the belt (RIP CMDR Gothyelk's Venture) and a lessone was learned that everything in Pochven wants to kill you. We went out mining for maybe 10 minutes and then saw hostile ships on Dscan including a sabre. We quickly swapped to the QRF ships but noticed the sabre pilot (AllQ) in his capsule dispatched by one of the Stribog folks farming EDENCOM forces on the WH entrance. We were about head back to mining when one of our eyes called out more ships had entered the system and they were on the Blue pilots Vargur. I messaged Kettchy (The blue Stribog Pilot) if he would like assistance and he said it would be good he was getting overwhelmed by the NPC forces combined with the Gnosis & Scythe.

As we landed the Gnosis took the WH out to Kspace so we decided to burn off and try to catch the scythe 300km off the WH. He warped back to the WH entrance as we closed in at about 100km and the Gnosis reappeared. We engaged the Scythe who took the WH exit back to Kspace and then engaged the Gnosis who we brought into structure before he took the WH back to Kspace. I made the call too late for people to jump the WH to engaged because A) I didn't know weapons timers don't exist for WH's and B) The engagement timer allows you to engage a target from Jspace -> Kspace. We ended up losing 1 merlin and 1 griffin in this engagement but most likely saved a blue's Marauder and gained a lot of goodwill with Stribog.

We then waited a few minutes to see if they'd return and it was "quiet" so I made the call to go back out mining. As we were swapping ships a few people landed on the belt first and were greeted with a Magus & Orthrus who tackled one of our Porpoise. We activated the QRF again to attempt to save the Porpoise but ended up losing 1 Merlin, 2 Griffins, 1 Burst & the Porpoise in the engagement. We scattered the rest of the forces and met back up at the friendly Athanor and the Orthrus & Magus followed. Working with the Stribog member in the Vargur we attempted to get tackle on either the Orthrus or Magus were unsuccessful. We ended up losing a few more ships attempting to get tackle amounting to 2 Merlins, 1 Griffin and 1 Thorax (a personal ship I had in system) before they disengaged and filamented out.

Just as we were about to head back out mining again AllQ (The Gnosis & Sabre pilot from earlier) returned in a Stabber Fleet Issue. We again worked with Stribog to attempt to gain tackle and a few more Stribog folks showed up in a Loki and Stratios if we could bait/gain tackle. We were only able to gain temporary tackle and ended up losing another 6 Merlin's, 1 Burst, and 2 prospects (which had unlucky incidents with NPC rats when being cloaky eyes for the fleet).

At this time it became quiet and was already rather late and people needed much needed sleep and the event was ended around 05:00.

Battle Report

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 350,011,966.47
ISK Delta: -350,011,966.47
Efficiency: 0%

Don't forget to submit Ship Replacement Program (SRP) for the Merlin QRF folks.

Shared Can Info

Fleet Members
Spoiler
Viscatus
Viscatia
Chakravanti
CMDR Gothyelk
Fonggar Akiga
Jak Rackham
Kaluth Plaude
Nicolly Carter
Randolff Ozenbud
Spanktracula
Suru Forjurn
Trajen Syn
Trajen Synica
Woody Hi
Remco Steen
Achewy
In our short time mining we ended up with the following

Abyssal Rakovene 328
Hadal Rakovene 345
Bright Spodumain 16
Abyssal Talassonite 3668

And we recovered the following loot

SC Spreadsheet

Ore Value - 49.6 mil
Random Loot/Salvage Value - 46.8 mil
Total Value of SC - 96,492,966.10 isk

Payouts should be going out shortly and if there is any loot/salvage which didn't get contracted to me let me know and I can split it up later.

Overall Evaluation
  • ✔ Positive
  • We executed the plan as intended to provide a QRF for our mining fleet (and friendly blues)
  • We learned lots of new things and introduced pilots to dangerous mining in Pochven
  • Hype generated for fleets in the future and earned some goodwill with the Stribog folks

✘ Negatives
  • We were badly outgunned... Orthrus & Stabber Fleet Issue are frigate killers and chewed through our ships
  • FC fails at managing two coms at once and may have sounded like a raving lunatic at times
  • We lost ships to the NPC rats due to some really bad luck and inexperience
Final Thoughts

While it was a frantic mess of engagements hopefully a lot of fun was had by all. As #MMM continues we may need to upgrade the QRF forces possibly to the Armor Assault Frigates and some dedicated tackle and newer pilots can run Griffins and/or Malus EWAR.

Appreciate everyone involved and fly dangerously folks.

-Vis
Last edited by Viscatus on 2021.02.10 15:30, edited 1 time in total.
Fonggar Akiga

Re: AAR #MMM #4

Post by Fonggar Akiga »

Thanks again for the event. Lots of fun to be had.
I think something that would help would be more bookmarks around the station.
Maybe not a tonne, but a handful as starting points around the station, so we can lure and reposition.
Thanks,
Fonggar

ImageImageImage
Viscatus

Re: AAR #MMM #4

Post by Viscatus »

Fonggar Akiga wrote:Thanks again for the event. Lots of fun to be had.
I think something that would help would be more bookmarks around the station.
Maybe not a tonne, but a handful as starting points around the station, so we can lure and reposition.
Yeah something to prep for next time, I didn't expect fights on the structure but it was a very active night.