My Proving Grounds 1v1 Battlecruiser Experience

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Xy Bacard

My Proving Grounds 1v1 Battlecruiser Experience

Post by Xy Bacard »

I was encouraged to write up an AAR for my 1v1 experiences for this event. The Cyclone fit that I shamelessly stole from an ex-corpmate is shown below.

1v1 Cyclone fit:
Spoiler
[Cyclone, General Hungary's Cyclone]

Ballistic Control System II
Co-Processor II
Damage Control II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Stasis Webifier II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II
Shield Command Burst I, Shield Harmonizing Charge
[Empty High slot]

Medium EM Shield Reinforcer II
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Thermal Shield Reinforcer II

Hammerhead II x5

Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-602

Standard Blue Pill Booster
Agency 'Hardshell' TB5 Dose II

Inferno Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Inferno Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1200
Mjolnir Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Mjolnir Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1200
Nova Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Nova Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1200
Scourge Javelin Heavy Assault Missile x1000
Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x1200
Navy Cap Booster 150 x18
Navy Cap Booster 400 x9
Nanite Repair Paste x150
Notable aspects of the fit includes its LASB+XLASB pairing, and 3x BCUs. The idea is to stagger reloads between the LASB and the XLASB for sustained tank, this is helped by the Cyclone's shield boost bonus. 3x BCUs provides more dps than most other Cyclone fits used in the 1v1, allowing it to more easily break through active tanks of things like dual-rep Brutixes. The Cyclone is also one of the fastest battlecruisers, its speed, web and 38km Javelin range gives you the option of kiting anything that can out-brawl you and brawling anything that can out-kite you.

Match 1 vs Cyclone: Win

This guy's Cyclone fit was just a weaker version of mine in almost every way. Having a shield extender instead of a lasb gave it no sustained tank, it just died once its XLASB ran out of cap charges while I was still able to keep repping off my 2nd shield booster while the 1st was in reload.

Match 2 vs Brutix: Loss

This Brutix fit was extremely tanky so my only hope was to kite around and stall until resists drop before bursting thru his tank with rage missiles. He also had a reactive armor hardener so I was forced to ungroup my launchers to get a good damage spread. Unfortunately, I was a bit careless with my drones and lost all of them while trying to stall. This resulted in my dps being barely less than what I needed to break his tank, he was in half hull by the time I died.

Match 3 vs Talos: Win

Seeing I was up against a blaster Talos, I started by kiting out with Javelin missiles. I thought he would be armor tanked and not shield buffer so I was shooting the worst damage type (explosive into him). Even then, his lack of sustained tank and slow speed meant I slowly whittled him down.

Match 4 vs Brutix: Win

I started the fight with the same plan as match 2. However this Brutix had a skirmish command burst instead of an armor command burst meaning he's faster but less tanky. Even though he was fast enough to catch me when I tried kiting, his low tank allowed me to break his reps and out-brawl him even before the resist drop.

Match 5 vs Cyclone: Win

I won this one for the same reasons as match 1.

Match 6 vs Cyclone: Loss

We both decided to brawl eachother with rage missiles. Normally my XLASB+LASB should be able to out-brawl a dual XLASB fit like his due to my massive damage advantage with 3x BCUs. However, I mistakenly assumed he'll have a kinetic hole and shot him with the wrong ammo while he picked the correct one.

Match 7 vs Cyclone: Win

We both brawled each other. His triple LASB setup is very slot inefficient, XLASB+LASB is already tankier and gives extra mid slot for even more tank. He just got out-brawled.

Match 8 vs Drake: Win

This was against a passive shield Drake. My fit had enough damage to break through his shield regen while I was tanking him without any issue due to him fitting shield power relays instead of BCUs.

Match 9 vs Cyclone: Draw

Was fighting against a heavy missile kite Cyclone. I wasn't fast enough to catch it but since he was heavy missile fit, I was able to tank him until the timer ran out. The enemy fit is this

Match 10 vs Gnosis: Win

The Gnosis just isn't a good ship. A blaster Gnosis is worse than a Brutix in almost every way. Even though he had max tank in the lows, I still didn't have trouble breaking through his tank with some launcher ungrouping to counter his reactive.

Match 11 vs Gnosis: Win

See match 10.

Match 12 vs Cyclone: Win

This went the same as match 6 expect I chose the right ammo (EM damage) to shoot him this time.

Match 13 vs Cyclone: Loss

This Cyclone was fit the same as last time expect he used his skirmish command burst to kite me out rather than brawl right away. I made the mistake of overheating my mwd too much while trying to catch him and burnt out my shield hardener resulting in my loss.
Xy Bacard

Re: My Proving Grounds 1v1 Battlecruiser Experience

Post by Xy Bacard »

I tried out a Brutix next.

1v1 Brutix fit:
Spoiler
[Brutix, Xyrin Bacard's Brutix]
Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Multispectrum Energized Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Medium F-RX Compact Capacitor Booster,Navy Cap Booster 800

Heavy Electron Blaster II,Void M
Heavy Electron Blaster II,Void M
Heavy Ion Blaster II,Void M
Skirmish Command Burst II,Rapid Deployment Charge

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
This Brutix has a skirmish command burst along with full tank in its low slots to help it catch and outlast Cyclones.

Match 14 vs Hurricane: Loss

This Hurricane was an extremely kitey AC fit. By the time I caught it, the resist drop had already taken effect and I wasn't able to kill him before he bursted thru my tank.

Match 15 vs Cyclone: Win

This match served as a proof of concept. I was able to catch the Cyclone and win the war of attrition as he died with no more cap charges in his cargo.

Match 16 vs Gnosis: Win

Very straightforward win, I simply out-brawled the Gnosis.

Match 17 vs Drake: Draw

Matched against a passive shield Drake. Since I had no magnetic field stabs fit, I didn't have the damage to break the Drake so we both died to the timer.
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Re: My Proving Grounds 1v1 Battlecruiser Experience

Post by Biwako Acami »

I appreciate you documenting your efforts. Was a good read and looks like you had a good winrate. Nice job.
Just a humble scout