[AAR] LowSec Frigate Roam 1/27/2021

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Jackson Freeman

[AAR] LowSec Frigate Roam 1/27/2021

Post by Jackson Freeman »

This was a short roam: less than 2 hours. I don't think this calls for an overly complex and well-formatted post, even though I would love to fiddle with various colored texts.

The roam took place on a route from Jita to LSC, with a few waypoints at key systems. The Unistas I had with me were paramount to the fleet, and I'm glad they attended. The fleet is definitely considered to be a smallgang, so I think I can go over the ships in total.

In total, the fleet contained 1 EWAR, 2 Scouts and 3 flying the standard Brawler Incursus Fit(in the doctrine linked below). This was exactly what I was hoping for- sadly, the wartargets we did encounter either warped or were much too powerful to engage with. I did have the decision of engaging a Moa- and while there was a (slight)possibility that we could kill it, there would inevitably be losses. Losses on my first fleet would not be good, so I passed up on it. There was an Ishkur, an Atron, and various other targets that warped away before we could tackle them- but when it comes to roams, a healthy fleet is a successful fleet, and that was my #1 goal for my first time.

Overall, I thank the unistas that came out to Jita to attend, I thank all the people who encouraged me, especially Space, who guided me through the entire thing, even when I asked dumb questions.

Until next time,
Jackson
Danny Algaert
Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Re: [AAR] LowSec Frigate Roam 1/27/2021

Post by Danny Algaert »

First up good on you for diving into content creation right after you joined the uni.
On the AAR itself, I'd suggest including the names of the pilots involved in your future AAR.
Regarding the fleet itself, you may be able to engage more unistas by staging fleets out of a campus, especially during war. Most unistas live at a campus and the kspace campuses are all pretty close to each other. Jita isnt particularly close to any of the campuses, and many unistas will avoid trade hubs during war time.
Don't be afraid to lose ships. IMO it hurts more losing a fleet mates ship than it does your own, but killing things is fun. People to should expect to lose their ships on a fleet like this and consider it a bonus if it makes it back alive. Scouts especially will expect to die, ideally after you have secondary.
WHC Manager
Victyrael

Post by Victyrael »

You're awesome for stepping up and taking a fleet out with so little experience.

Great advice from Danny. Sometimes it's worth taking the risk and engaging random dudes with outside chances of success because seeing things die in a ball of fire is good content. It's something you'll learn to judge as you take part in more PvP. Never be afraid to crash waves of frigates into things and have everyone die - it's typically a solid learning experience and good fun.

Jita is a good staging for big operations with E X T R E M E O P S E C but sometimes it's best to take small gang roams out from the campuses. People have ships there and don't need to move that much to participate.

You should try and get involved in supporting FCs in the future to help build up your experience. Join in on a variety of different doctrines - brawlers, nanos, armour, shields, and in different areas of space - low, null, WHs - and learn from the scouts and the decisions the FC and command team makes.

From there you can look at joining the FC team, start scouting, offering to 2iC or be a backup anchor - wherever your preferences take you.
Analee Tsasa

Post by Analee Tsasa »

Victyrael wrote: You should try and get involved in supporting FCs in the future to help build up your experience. Join in on a variety of different doctrines - brawlers, nanos, armour, shields, and in different areas of space - low, null, WHs - and learn from the scouts and the decisions the FC and command team makes.

Nano is Life
Diplomat / NSC Campus Manager / Senior FC
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage