[AAR] WHC Unanchoring Strat-op

Forum for posting After Action Reports after PVP encounters.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
Conci Furiram
Director of Campuses
Director of Campuses
Title: Manager (WHC), Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] WHC Unanchoring Strat-op

Post by Conci Furiram »

Cedric Redfist wrote:I'm confident that a mail like this is rarely, if ever checked.
Perhaps the Uni should build a mail database of more frequently checked mail accounts of its members in order to reach them reliably with news like this.
The GDPR complications are not worth the effort. We have no desire to keep any personal information past what CCP offers from ESI.
Cedric Redfist

Post by Cedric Redfist »

You are already handling one personal mail, although limited in use.
How much trouble would a second one be?

Alternatively, could you use a Discord bot to send a mail to the account listed for the Discord user? That would not require the uni to get a database on their own. Or even a DM to their Discord?

The benefit is that you could actually reach out to ppl that haven't touched the game in a while, as those wouldn't read forums, or an EUni-specific discord either.
We can expect to do cleanup ops of private structures in the future. Reaching inactive members with a reminder to clear stuff out would be neat.
Using a comm channel normally tied to the uni exclusively would miss the target audience.
Ernesto Guevarti
Title: Sophomore

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Don't consider player structures to be long term storage, problem solved.
CCP Fozzie wrote:Killing dumb people is like 1/3 of EVE's gameplay
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
Shar Thrityh
Title: Student Advocate, Sophomore

Post by Shar Thrityh »

Ernesto Guevarti wrote:Don't consider player structures to be long term storage, problem solved.
Exactly. I always knew it was kind of dangerous to keep so much of my stuff in player controlled structures, which is why I checked in now and then. Of course, checking if it's still there doesn't actually do much to save it, it only reminds you that you should've taken the effort to move it, once it's too late.
Lesson learnt and isn't that the entire point of the Uni? :D
Mosrael Kibeth
Title: Freshman

Post by Mosrael Kibeth »

I have to say I'm very pleased by Shar's good attitude and his important point that this is yet another learning opportunity. We can all be more careful about what we keep in player owned structures, especially in J-Space, and I'm going to set up forwarding from my Uni email to my real email just to be safe!