QRF Against Hog Hitmen: 2019-12-13

Ievos

QRF Against Hog Hitmen: 2019-12-13

Post by Ievos »

QRF Against Hog Hitmen

QRF Members (11)
Spoiler
Randric Miromme – (in corp alt of Ievos)
Ergan Eto – Cloaky Eyes to keep everyone safe
Gibson Thunderbird
Paddy Alfrir
Batto Ashitaka
Eongus Odunen
Monashi Deninard

Overview
We had a war target (steve boses) come in through Ansalle, then Juff, then on in to Amygnon. Flying a Phantasm, he took up a position at a station.

The target was near a Uni member, Gibson Thunderbird, who was flying a Mecharial. Gibson was able to lock the target, but comms difficulties did lead to some confusion on who initiated.

I called for members to undock and warp to Gibson, but it was found he was not in fleet. Some confusion resulted, and I called for Gibson to get in fleet or run; we cannot help someone not in fleet. Another member called out they were on-grid, but they were actually quite far away (ship was on their overview)

Gibson joined fleet, and Uni members began warping in. By the time we landed, the Phantasm was tethered. However, he seemed to be interested in a fight. Some bumping ensued, and I kept myself outside of both tether and Warp Disrupter range. Not sure if the War Target wanted the fight, or took the bait; either way, we got an engagement. He had locked up someone and re-tethered a couple of times, then

DD began applying, and I called for tackle ships to rush in; we needed to get some webs on him before he burned circles around us.
His speed helped, clearly pushing himself out of people’s optimal or even max range. But, I called for everyone to engage, and near the end to overheat guns. He went down.

His got away with his pod, and I called for “gf’s” to be posted.

Throughout this, I very much expected to hear call outs for multiple additional WT's. Getting the fight seemed too easy, and they didn't dock up. This did not occur, fortunately. However, we did have Ergan Eto watching the gate and local, keep us safe.

Maybe they just wanted to throw snowballs?

Stats
Battle Report: Report
ISK Destroyed: 113,913,465.24
ISK Lost: 00.00
ISK Delta: 113,913,465.24‬
Loot: 21,779,691.55
Efficiency: 100.00%

Overall Evaluation

The Good:
- We took the fight
- People on our end were happy to participate and enjoyed the content.
- We had a member (Ergan) watching gate and keeping a watch on Local. I expected friends to follow, and was ultimately surprised they didn’t.
- We covered stations, and how fighting near them can work.
- No pods were lost in the making of this battle report.
- Fun was had.

The Bad:
- We had some miss communications, causing some confusion and a more rapid rush to engage.
- Difficulties appear to have been faced in keeping range, for some

The Ugly:
- As I was a few jumps out and still in the “everyone is docked and safe, right?” phase, we didn’t get into a solid doctrine. This proved to be fine in this case, but could have been a serious problem.

-Ievos
"Eye-E-vose"