[AAR] QRF Hog Hitmen 4-12-2019

Nienke Solette

[AAR] QRF Hog Hitmen 4-12-2019

Post by Nienke Solette »

There are recordings of this fleet on YouTube. If you have any problems with that, please send me a direct message.

It was again a beautiful evening in New Eden. After being blown to pieces in Yrgasil's DP Thorax fleet in Null-Sec I got a friendly pod express back home to Amygnon. I thanked for the good fight and Collapsed-Wormhole-Tourism experience and went into HSC Standing because of one present War Target in the system.

In Mumble I asked for a sitrep. War Target was in a Vargur slow boating to the Jufvitte gate. Another QRF just ended losing one scout and FC was gone. I saw an opportunity to pounce and called a Caracal/Osprey doctrine at first to change it less than a minute later because the previous QRF used a Vexor/Augoror doctrine. The latter one it is, then.

Within five minutes I gave the undock command. On the grid, we had some DD, a Battlecruiser and three Logi including Logi FC. I warped the DD squad to the Jufvitte gate since I was neither Fleet Boss nor in a higher command position. Called Logi to warp to the gate themselves. Mid-warp the Vargur jumped the gate into Jufvitte. Our scout went in to tackle and I ordered Jumping on Contact.

Roam members (21)
Spoiler
Ares Dodekatheon - Osprey, Vindicator
Asuka Rossi - Vexor, Armageddon, Naga
Batto Ashitaka - Vexor
Capt Steele - Bhaalgorn, Ikitursa
Devola Gestalt - Vexor, Ashimmu
Drebin 679 - Logi / EWAR
Edwin Clough - Vexor
Ergan Eto - Augoror
Gibson Thunderbird - Scorpion Navy Issue
Harrison Riggs - Condor
Helen Dorothy Sharman - Atron
Ky Hanomaa - Brutix, Malediction
Lost Eagle1 - Mental support from a distance
Metti ar Virksen - Augoror
Milspecc - Pizza destroyer
Nienke Solette - Vexor
Tal Tracyn - Bhaalgorn
YooJin Moon
Yto Itinen - Augoror
Zairnix Onren - Vexor
shureer Yassavi

If you are not on this list or want something added/changed/removed, please let me know and I'll edit it in!
Kills and Losses

(22:41:11) Jufvitte
Vargur +4.17b
Video
During the jump, our scout got point. We engaged directly after jumping through the gate. Intel reported that reïnforcements were on the way (including a Deimos Barret). The fleet applied Stasis Webifiers, Warp Scramblers and Energy Neutralisers. Logi had some trouble with the cap chain. Two Guardians landed on the grid, I called to ignore them (not knowing they were Logi ships initially). Luckily, we took the Vargur down before they could properly repair it, so our DPS was pretty good.

We looted the wreck and deposited in Citadel 101. QRF fleet wanted to continue, so we did. Deimos Barret was reported in Ansalle on the NPC station. We tried to get him because of a weapons timer, but that went away before we were able to break him and Deimos docked up. I did not want to play station games, so we went back to Citadel 101 to stand down at 22:58h.

Fifteen minutes later: "Oh hello! There is another Vargur landing on the Amygnon gate in Jufvitte! And he jumped, LOL!". The War Target was kinda sad and wanted a round two. The fleet was still at Citadel 101 so I called undock almost directly to hunt another Vargur.

The first engagement was at the Garoun Investment Bank at Moon 1. Another NPC station so more station games. I let the fleet go to the Jufvitte gate to sit and wait what happens, also because there was a Leshak reported leaving from Dodixie to Botane.

Video
Just when I called for docking up in 101 because station games are boring, the report came in that the Vargur was warping to the gate. Called to jump the gate if the Vargur jumped too. And in we went for more pew-pew! This time, the response was a bit heavier, drones included (which I called primary). Our Armageddon heavily needed reps (Asuka, you are becoming a meme now...), but eventually, our Logi got the Armageddon stable. Then the (probably earlier reported) Leshak landed on grid. It was reported deadly and I did not trust myself engaging both ships, so I called scatter. After that, I went to a safe to let the fleet warp to me.

On the safe I considered engaging or docking up back in 101. My initial feeling was to go home. Especially when both ships warped off for more station games, this sounded viable. Just when aligning back to Amygnon, the Vargur warped back on the gate to Amygnon and jumped through without the Leshak. Scout got point and the fleet followed and engaged at 23:35h.

(23:50:57) Amygnon
Moa -29.20m
Condor -1.85m
Vargur +2.35b
Video
This engagement was a bit harder. The Vargur had Hobgoblin IIs engaging our Atron which went almost down (thanks Logi!). I quickly primaried the drones. The Energy Neutralisers of the Vargur were interesting too because of cap chain management on our side. An off-doctrine Scorpion Navi Issue DD joined for which eventually an Osprey and a Scythe joined in as Logi. This was a bit chaotic and it would have been better if we stuck to an armour focussed doctrine.

Eight minutes into the fight we had the drones of the Vargur down and the Leshak showed up on the grid. This time, I had the feeling we had more than enough Logi to keep fighting. The Leshak burned off to around 60km from the gate and dropped EC-900 Wasps and Hammerhead IIs on us. Again, drones were primaried. At one point, a Moa warped in too close to the Leshak and too far away from our Logi and it went down. The Condor... just got targeted at one point? Not sure what happened there...

Because of our superb Logi FC and many great people in fleet helping with essential information, DD and reps, we were able to stay in the fight and finish the job! Maybe we could have got the Leshak too if we had more scouts going for tackle earlier or warped to the NPC station earlier, but I think we needed all the DPS we could get, so no regrets there.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 6,526,523,493.8
ISK Lost: 31,050,112.84
ISK Delta: 6,495,473,380.96
Efficiency: 99.526%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Cha ching!
    - Quick response was very quick
    - Thank you Logi!
    - Essential help by others in fleet

(Less positive stuff)
    - Last fight, some were shield tanked
    - Station games
Messages in Local
Spoiler
[ 2019.12.04 22:50:09 ] Deimos Barret > quite the fleet.
[ 2019.12.04 22:51:58 ] Deimos Barret > ECM and bhaalgorns.. you guys are absolute cowards.
[ 2019.12.04 22:52:40 ] Deimos Barret > like one or the other.. Congrats. Your fleet is 100% unengageable. No more fite 4 u

[ 2019.12.04 23:14:57 ] Red Kardia > I'm kinda sad you know sniff sniff
[ 2019.12.04 23:15:35 ] Red Kardia > that vargur had almost 8 years =(
[ 2019.12.04 23:18:19 ] Red Kardia > but a GF is GF
[ 2019.12.04 23:18:34 ] Red Kardia > I'm here for take 2 like you guys did last night
[ 2019.12.04 23:18:39 ] Red Kardia > and I respect that

[ 2019.12.04 23:27:38 ] Red Kardia > eerr it's only 2 of us ?
[ 2019.12.04 23:27:45 ] Red Kardia > wow
[ 2019.12.04 23:28:10 ] Red Kardia > send your scouts so you can feel confortable to fight jeez

[ 2019.12.04 23:28:44 ] Red Kardia > I'm actually disapointed on you guys
[ 2019.12.04 23:28:54 ] Red Kardia > I took the fight before knowing tha tyou gus had 2 bhaals
[ 2019.12.04 23:28:59 ] Red Kardia > with out help
[ 2019.12.04 23:29:04 ] Red Kardia > and you run form 2 bs's?

[ 2019.12.04 23:53:45 ] Red Kardia > ight enough for me for the day
[ 2019.12.04 23:53:56 ] Red Kardia > or else I might get kicked of alliance lol
Edit: Naga in second engagement was an Armageddon
Last edited by Nienke Solette on 2019.12.06 15:08, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Re: [AAR] QRF Hog Hitmen 4-12-2019

Post by Asuka Rossi »

Btw for the 2nd engagement i was in an Armageddon at the start because 1 friendly Bhaalgorn logged off and i baited him to shoot when u repped me, but as soon as the situation got stable with the Vargur and the WT switched his attentions on the Logi and i reshipped to a Naga for a bit more DPS. The Leshak started to kill opportunity targets like the Moa and the Condor but the amount of logi we had was perfect to hold :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nienke Solette

Post by Nienke Solette »

Ah, edited the original post to include the Armageddon :wink:
ImageImageImage

Post by Yto Itinen »

<3 HSC!
Nienke when she heard about WTs

I really love the attitude of going out guns blazing and trying to make things happen, our doctrines are cheap and people will make errors when facing a full UNIblob! On this case, we took full advantage of it!

Pros:
-Extremely proactive attitude from the FC: we go out, we look for fights, we exploit errors.
-Very quick form-up, we had no need to wait for crucial roles to get covered, logi in primis.
-Top of the game scouting and tackling, with good calls for points and webs so we always had the opponents tackled.
-Incredible flexibility in fulfilling roles on demand: we needed shield logi, someone reshipped. We needed Ewar? Someone switched ships on the fly. We could not get one more on cap chain? Super fast switch into DD. That allowed us to shape our operation to different threats at different times.
-Very good broadcasting for reps and top of the shelf logi job, we held reps and stabilized both cap and armor at all times, which was no small feat.

What could have we done better:
-Still many "I need reps" and "I'm getting neuted". Third person speaking discipline is very good to avoid confusion. Broadcasts mitigated it.
-As a logi FC I did not have the ability to put a 4th logi on the cap chain while 2 other logis were getting neuted. I was very conservative about not risking loss of reps, but maybe a different pairing might have worked. I also felt I was taking too much time on comms, didn't wanna organize a full logi switch on combat comms.
-Not really bad, but following tank type doctrine helps. Still, better to have a shield tanked ship on grid than risk missing out DPS and let the Vargurs live.
-The neuting geddon needing cap was a bit bizarre, I tried to do a "combat cap" that other fleets do(basically you only cap up/down once and let the rest of the cap for the DD). This brought a bit of panic, because even if Ergan heard me communicate it, I was maybe not really clear that he was not receiving cap from my side of chain and then he got neuted. Again, setting up combat caps is not something you do on the fly and all Uni doctrines are based on giving both caps to logi, so I tried to let things go back to normal, but Asuka had to reship.

All in all, it was an excellent fight!
If we can get the director's approval, I suggest we put the videos and one brief AAR on r/EVE, both for learning purposes and as a nice publicity stunt.

Until next time, fly fun!
Yto Itinen
ImageImage
ImageImage

Asuka Rossi

Post by Asuka Rossi »

Yto no worries to the cap, i was trying to keep neuts on him but he had a nosferatu on me too, so was a bit of an hard fight cap wise. Your switching out cap transfer away from me was a really good decision because i was completely dry but he keeped the nos on me for a while, was a good mistake from him :) as he switched the nos on the logi i reshipped on dd because was alost cause to neut a ship with a steady flow of cap and we couldn't jam him cos bastion. Btw good job everyone, and hull tank best tank \o/
ImageImageImageImageImage
Christoph Patrouette
Title: HSC Logistics Officer, Personnel Officer, Breaks Things, Sophomore

Post by Christoph Patrouette »

Well, the most important thing i learned here: local is still broken af.

Also:

[ 2019.12.04 23:53:45 ] Red Kardia > ight enough for me for the day
[ 2019.12.04 23:53:56 ] Red Kardia > or else I might get kicked of alliance lol

Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

It's kinda sad that the guy who gave a good fight twice gets kicked from his alliance, while the other hogs, which are always salty and rude keep doing whatever they do. Mad props to Red Kardia for taking the fight!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nienke Solette

Post by Nienke Solette »

Thanks for the reactions everyone!

Local was that day more broken than normal, probably because of the no-downtime experiment. It gave some extra... flavour to our QRF. :smug:

Yeah, maybe we should invite Red Kardia to the Uni? The environment here suits him better imo.

Yto, thanks for the feedback! You taking most of the combat comms time (just as in other fleets) was necessary, in my opinion, to keep the fleet alive. I prefer that above a too silent Logi FC. Furthermore, it has the advantage of everyone knowing the health status of the fleet, which Logi most often has the best overview of. Lastly, if I need to give a command and Logi FC is talking, I'm bold enough to intervene / repeat to make my command clear <3 (not sure about other FCs though ^^).

I'll talk to a director to pass your suggestion forward. Since the AAR section of this forum is public, I do not think this is a hard task. However, there may be diplomatic reasons not to do it. I'll keep you up-to-date!
ImageImageImage

Post by Devola Gestalt »

o/
this was a good fight. Thanks to all involved: both the Unistas, and this (former) Hog guy who gave us these 2 fights.

I don't have much to add to what was already said. Still:
  • BLAP Vexor on the video ran out of antimatter and fell back to thorium. This should be monitored in the future, to adjust reshipping contracts: we don't want these to be ammo loot pinatas, we don't want to run out during QRF either. Granted it was an unusually long QRF.
  • There's a small part of the WT conversation in local omitted. I'll add it because it shows some sportsmanship of the gentleman. That's a quality rarely seen amongst our WTs, I want to show some respect to the fews who demonstrate it.

Code: Select all

[ 2019.12.04 23:52:08 ] Red Kardia > freaking GF
    [ 2019.12.04 23:52:10 ] Red Kardia > oh well
    [ 2019.12.04 23:52:24 ] Red Kardia > couldn't break shit =(

Adam Ironborn

Post by Adam Ironborn »

Sad to see he was "let go" from the wardeccers. Since it is hard to come by decency and sportmenship around New Eden and it is particulary good to have good wartargets either you lose or win. After losing the Vargur, bringing another one to same campus means he is chill enough to give some fights even he is outnumbered.

I was not there but it seems both sides had some fun and good fights exchanged. Good job fellas.
My former EUNI character : Ersin Oghuz