[AAR] QRF WeR4 3-12-2019

Nienke Solette

[AAR] QRF WeR4 3-12-2019

Post by Nienke Solette »

It was a beautiful night in New Eden. My Prophecy was running the last part of a Level 3 Mission for Aliastra in Ansalle. The events to come would be eventful, intense and fun!

It started with a report on Mumble. A gas huffing WT in a Venture was spotted in a wormhole 2 jumps away from Amygnon. Our scout was cloaked and slow-boated to the WT while tacklers made their way to the wormhole. I finished the L3 mission, deposited my Prophecy and went in a Slasher. Just before I jumped into the last Wormhole, the WT warped off. Lucky for him, because multiple tacklers were ready to get him. Unlucky for us, we were too slow.

"CHECK CHECK". One WT in Jufvitte. Two WTs in Jufvitte. Five WTs in Jufvitte. "War with Hog Hitmen ending in 15 minutes". For the people in the Wormhole the sign to Make Best Speed back to 101 to reship for a QRF. We needed to get into a fight with them before the war ends.

Roam members (12)
Spoiler
ArneRik Cadelanne - Caracal
Cari Tulane - Caracal
Nienke Solette - Caracal
Rogue Ozran - Ashimmu
Darius Reece - Caracal
Capt Steele - Vagabond
Bosdos - Tengu
Ergan Eto - Stratios
Squin Ti - Caracal
Triton Aster - Caracal
Valeria Rammstein - Caracal
Zairnix Onren - Caracal

If you are not in this list, please let me know and I'll add you!
Rogue called for a very quick response with any combat cruiser we could get, no Logis. I joined in and called Caracals if a Unista did not don't know what to fly. We had a cloaked Stratios on the AMY gate in JUF fit with a point/scram. People asked for points/scrams on their Caracals, I believe some already had point/scram fit and took those Caracals to the JUF gate in AMY. When there, I called to hold on contact because the gate is red.

Information from the cloaked Stratios: one Thrasher, one Epithal, multiple Thoraxes on the gate. Our Tengu was warping to the AMY gate in JUF and the plan was jumping when the Tengu landed. And so, the fight began. Form-up time: 5 - 10 minutes max?

Kills and Losses

(02:08:17) Jufvitte, Amygnon
Epithal +2.23m
Thorax +46.36m
Caracal -22.96m
Curse +298.65m
Thorax +38.15m
Thrasher +14.09m
Capsule +1.13b
Capsule +47.06m

After jumping, I decided to directly engage anything, since the Tengu was already on the gate. Called the Curse primary. Did not communicate anything about anchoring. I called the thoraxes as secondary. Only when the first primary went down, I started noticing the Epithal (industrial). In between the Thoraxes, I called the Epithal secondary. Unfortunately, the Epithal did not have any valuable cargo...

Eventually, we cleared the gate with only one Caracal lost. In the end, two pods were on the gate, we managed to get one of them. An expensive mistake, multiple Unistas expected multi-boxing by the WTs. One WT wanted a quick trip home, so another capsule was podded in AMY two minutes later. Only after the fight, I realised the WTs were from WeR4 and not Hog Hitmen. Despite that, I think the timer put pressure on the QRF being quick, which was a good thing!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,573,740,772.73
ISK Lost: 22,956,393.15
ISK Delta: 1,550,784,379.58
Efficiency: 98.562%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Form-up was quick!
    - Multiple Unistas bringing some form of point/scram with their Caracals
    - Our Tengu bait did not go down
    - We had content and it was fun!
    - We took down a 1+ billion pod

(Less Positive stuff)
    - The response of WTs was there, but I had the feeling they were sluggish and indecisive. I expected a stronger response.
    - As beginning FC I chose to suggest a well-known alternative doctrine without point/scram. Does the Uni have a shield cruiser doctrine with point/scram? Is the Vexor a better choice in this case?
    - Wars and corps got mixed up in intel. It did give the incentive to be quick though!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Title: HSC Logistics Officer, Personnel Officer, Breaks Things, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] QRF WeR4 3-12-2019

Post by Christoph Patrouette »

Nienke Solette wrote:"War with Hog Hitmen ending in 15 minutes"
WeR4.

Otherwise, wonderfully executed. :D

Also: GRRR timezones

EDIT:
Nienke Solette wrote:I realised the WTs were from WeR4 and not Hog Hitmen.
Sorry, i missed that the first time reading. :(
Celine en Chasteaux

Post by Celine en Chasteaux »

Very nice work, all
Tiramisu Enjoyer
Ergan Eto

Post by Ergan Eto »

Got my first killmark on my Stratios in this fight... and, true to form, lost it the next day. <sigh> Such is life! 8-)
Julien Alaphilippe
Student Advocate
Student Advocate

Post by Julien Alaphilippe »

well done all

And Ergan; sorry for the loss mate :O
Image ImageImage Image
Orientation Officer ------------------------ Student Advocate
Squin Ti

Post by Squin Ti »

Think this was my first Nienke FC fleet.
My positives:
  • Really clear communication throughout from you
    Feel like we had a really quick QRF form up
    Got top damage on the killmail (I thank my recent concentration on missile skills)
My negatives:
  • Only death in the squad :(
    Abandoned a Hog venture in a WH unscratched