AAR QRF amygnon

Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy
Title: Mentor, Graduate, Diplomat , Pineapple Pizza enthusiast

AAR QRF amygnon

Post by Tal Tracyn »

A Quick QRF against PIRAT
Formed up carcals and ospreys when Zinyu,Azazul and 1 other WT showed up in Amygnon.
Noticed pocos were being shot at who are own by a RIOT/PIRAT alt corp and desided to take a look when Zinyu showed up stalking around at 70-90km away.
Took some pot shots in my typhoon and he left and then came back a few mins later to try and get a straggler away from the fleet.
He then pulled out to 100km where i MJD on top of him and point/grappled him.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/80160854/
lost a couple slasher to him at that point as he figured he couldn't engage me.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/80160849/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/80160844/

Killed 523,007,747.56 ISK
Lost 2.87mil

Nobodys expects the MJD'ing phoon.

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Gokym Ovaert

Re: AAR QRF amygnon

Post by Gokym Ovaert »

I just came in form the rapture roam and jumped right into the prep for qrf. Only 4 min left before undoc. So I got into a slasher bc FC called for tackle. As the WT arrived and Thal mjd I did not realize that we actually had point. I'm not shure if I missed the call or if it was not called that we have point.
So I went ahead and did what tackel does. I overheated my mwd and manually spiraled in towards the target. Aperently I did everything right, bc I could speedtank 3-4 shots from the WT. I got point and started to orbit. I survived just long enough to see the caracals arrive as I warped of my pod.

I have to admit that I was a little disapointed when I learned that I was not the hero who held the target on grid. But it was a great learning experience non the less and also very good practice for my tackle and manual piloting. Although I lost my ship I consider this a personal win.

Thanks to everyone for forming up a qrf especially to fc.
Image Image
Giacomo Belenos

Post by Giacomo Belenos »

Same as Gokym, I had just died in the Rupture fleet, and quickly jumped into the QRF and boarded a Slasher.

When the WT warped on the POCO for the second time, I believed the right course of action would be to burn straight to him before he regained control of his ship, but I was quickly called back by FC.

I really didn't except the MJD Typhoon. After he got pointed, I rushed to help but was quickly shot down.

Thanks for the QRF !
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

I called you guys back the first time he warped in because i knew he would just pick frigates off.
Orthrus is a frig killing ship armed with rapid lights so frig tackle would of died quickly if you had gone straight in.
100km is to big a distance for you to survive long enough for the fleet to arrive.
When i MJD'ed on top of him i did call point and grapple.
It's my Typhoons party piece to suddenly be on top of people like that and i've had quite a few kills because of it :)
Oh and to be fast :)

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Gokym Ovaert

Post by Gokym Ovaert »

I did not go for him the first time he warped in on grid. I only started going for him when you toled the fleet to go for it. Must have missed the call then in all my excitement :-).
Image Image
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

you got on the killmail.
Thats all that matters :)

Don of High Sec
Adam Ironborn

Post by Adam Ironborn »

Another note on the engagement; most of us did the same mistake which is trying to burn to Tal at 100km away. What we should do is to bounce from the closest celestial or even burn away from Tal 50km and warp to him afterwards. That should took much less time. Next time we need to remember that :)
My former EUNI character : Ersin Oghuz
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Adam Ironborn wrote:Another note on the engagement; most of us did the same mistake which is trying to burn to Tal at 100km away. What we should do is to bounce from the closest celestial or even burn away from Tal 50km and warp to him afterwards. That should took much less time. Next time we need to remember that :)
I shall keep this in mind for next time.

Don of High Sec