WHC AAR 2019 10/31

Zemballa Aideron
Title: Freshman

WHC AAR 2019 10/31

Post by Zemballa Aideron »

In J151348 a Gnosis was spotted along with a tech 3 cruiser. The Gnosis was bait and my understanding was that we may just be fighting a T3 plus 1 Gnosis I was wrong. We formed up Nano with two scouts. The fight was at the sun with a tackle on the Gnosis. Our brave tackler Macilles got a warp in from Cedric Redfist.3 jumps later we had nano at zero in the fight we lost William Lyon Mackenzie, Erywin Chelien and my-self thank you for X-ing up to fight. Also thank you to all that came to the fight i feel bad we crashed and burned but i think that's just me being in my own head. This was my first fleet and will not be my last.

Lesson Learned
Know your fleets abilities we would had a better chance warping at our max range. I made the mistake of not playing to our advantage and we paid for it. In Hindsight small ships would have been best to run for the fact we would be fast and small.

On the bright side
Did run a fleet and that is something I can say. Now I am not all talk we also was able to use Nano and this is not called as often as small ships because its a new doctrine.

Battle Report
https://zkillboard.com/related/31000760/201910302300/
Gergoran Moussou

Re: WHC AAR 2019 10/31

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Probably the right doctrine call, judging by the numbers of the people involved. And don't worry about losing this. You can't win every fight and all of you have the ability to make back the value fairly quickly (ratting in Bacon, for example).

Sounds like you handled it fairly well despite being outmatched, the one major mistake being warping in too close (I can't claim to have never made that mistake myself).

Your AAR suggests that the available intelligence was that the bait Gnosis had at least one T3C. I would have assumed one too. You are never going to have perfect information, you just have to make do with as much information as is available. In this case, there was more that you didn't know. That happens.
9th CCI medalist

Erywin Chelien

Re: WHC AAR 2019 10/31

Post by Erywin Chelien »

Good job on taking the fight! Definitely was bait, but I learned a lot about the new Nano doctrine, not too worried about losing the ship.

I think the one thing that I really noticed was that we weren't squad warping so everybody ended up landing at different times.

Cheers,
E