[WHC] Always take the Bait! A learning AAR

Erywin Chelien

[WHC] Always take the Bait! A learning AAR

Post by Erywin Chelien »

Well, I had just finished getting back to ALI, our home station in WHC, from baiting in my Imperial Navy Slicer down the chain when Ran spotted a Probe at a Null Relic site. Sure, I haven't gotten in on some smaller kills lately and maybe he has some loot. I switch to my Astero and warp to a ping that I had created earlier at 150km off the cans cloaked. I see Ran engaging the probe, but here is my first mistake, I noticed the probe is approaching Ran and not trying to warp out.

I warp to Ran and launch drones and apply secondary tackle, second thing that should've tipped me off, the probe is lasting much longer against another Astero than he should be if he is just an explorer. At this point we have him in Hull and Ran says that there are two Lokis decloaking from EGGS, our static HiSec connection, and in warp to the site. We kill the Probe as the Lokis land on grid and my third mistake was to try and tackle one of them and try to get reinforcements to undock from ALI, but Asteros don't last long against two Lokis. BLAP goes the Astero, I believe that Ran got off before they could get tackle on him, and I warp my pod back to ALI. They left via EGGS shortly afterwards, which I then remembered was only 5 jumps out of Jita, so lots of traffic through there.

Thanks for reading, it really helped me to write down my thoughts and analyze what happened.

Cheers,
E

Good things:
- We took the bait and content was created

Things to work on:
- Listen to your gut
- Work on small group/solo PvP more, most of my PvP exp is from larger groups
- Don't stick around if 2 T3Cs are spotted warping to where you are
- Probes aren't always loot pinatas!