[AAR] Weekly Moon Mining SC 20/10/2019

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Weekly Moon Mining SC 20/10/2019

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Today we where hosting a shared can down at AMC

our two scouts over in the neighboring system to hoona noticed a single war-target heading for the hoona gate where our SC was happening, he was flying a Omen navy issue .

We called for scatter but he still managed to catch one of our skiffs.
I had already swoped into a bhaalgorn cause figured bhaal prittie good vs omen navy issue and glen jumped in a drekavac, i nuted the omen navy issue and applied tackles while glen nuked him to death

main thing is skiff didn't die <3
https://zkillboard.com/kill/79466324/
110,032,482 iskies

moving on he was spoted in amarr reshipping
So he did eventually comeback in his manticore
we docked up for longer than id personally like but we had no cheap combat ships
some nice people hauled up some from shemah to hoona
we then had 3 caracels on grid and a griffin

once we had some combat ships on grid we kept close range to our orca and standing order was for mining ships to dock if it declocked and combat ships to try murder it.

main thing there was just avoiding having to close the fleet cause of a manticore id feel bad

later on we did looses a griffen to a retribution
https://zkillboard.com/kill/79469616/
2,694,113.30 ISK
But happy days no mining ships where hurt in the making of this commercial

110,032,482 iskies
2,694,113.30 ISK

Anywho thanks to the fc for the shared can and big thank you to all who came out / scouts / combat / haulers / miners anyone i forget to mention
Good job all and ty again

Some things we are going to work on over the next while is haveing more combat ships in the area to push off smaller threats
still not going to go crazzy and throw ourself's at everything but we would hate to see people have to stop mining totally cause of a few threats that sometimes can be blown up to continue munching rocks.
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Cassius Katelo

Re: [AAR] Weekly Moon Mining SC 20/10/2019

Post by Cassius Katelo »

I took part in this shared can fleet - thanks again to the FCs and other experienced members who co-ordinated everyone effectively.

I was one of the pilots to switch from my procurer to a caracal in order to defend the mining operation. The ships worked very well in this role and although the war target was able to kill the griffin as mentioned the caracals were very effective at applying dps to the retribution and forced him off in short order in structure. He was too fast for us to pursue!

Thanks again - I was happy to be able to support the fleet in a combat role (despite having limited skills) so we could continue mining!

This is also only my second forum post (and first on an ARR) so do let me know if this isn’t the done thing!