[AAR] 2019-10-06 // Sunday Funday NoP with Ky

Ky Hanomaa

[AAR] 2019-10-06 // Sunday Funday NoP with Ky

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Another Low-Sec Roam, this time with a little lower numbers, partially due to an active QRF at HSC - Mike getting fuzzy on Italian Wine around Lake Garda instead of joining me as a scout might also have played a little insignificant bit into this.

(This one's for you Mike)
Spoiler
Fortunately, Auric and Ged showed up and proved that they are better friends than Mike :D

Roam members (15)
Spoiler
Auric Fulcrum - Slasher, Atron
Christoffer Arthie - Navitas
FragLord Ots - Tormentor
Ged Sinak - Jaguar, Tormentor
Hari Nabali - Tormentor
James Sylveste - Tormentor
Jexexex - Crucifier
Ky Hanomaa - Tormentor
Loron Garns - Navitas
Marcel Eriker - Crucifier
Poul Vynneve - Tormentor
Rythin Horsian - Tormentor
Talenelat Stonesinew - Navitas
Tyrion Edwardes - Tormentor
Zmeja - Slasher
Kills and Losses

Scouts reported Worm and Sentinel in a Plex, I was hesitant and feared that they were too much, but Auric said he's confident they'd get them if they go in as two. They called tackle and I ordered the fleet to jump the gate and warp to the scout. Auric exploded about 10 seconds after I landed inside the Plex - the two targets were 60km out and still burning away from us before warping off.

(18:48:35) Agoze
Slasher -6.73m
Slasher -1.56m

//

Scouts found an Algos, provided warp-in and we blapped it

(18:59:23) Moclinamaud
Algos +25.53m

//

Pretty much the same as the previous kill, only difference being that Ged forgot to say which of his characters was on the target, so I warped the fleet to his alt on a structure first. He was able to hold tackle without killing the target until we arrived.

(19:11:08) Kinakka
Algos +5.18m

//

We had our weekly brawl with my german friends from Buntspecht & co. They fielded Merlins and a Kitsune, since I gave them permission to have a T2 Frigate on grid during our pre-fight discussion due to us outnumbering them. We agreed not to Headshot and FCs temporarily blued each other to make sure we don't accidentally Headshot in the heat of battle.

When we landed we had the Merlins within 15km in front of us, the Kitsune was sitting at about 69km iirc. I ordered Tackle to burn towards the Kitsune and started calling targets for DD while reminding everybody to broadcast for reps. Turns out the Kitsune pilot did his homework by specifically fitting Magnometric ECMs only, thus rendering our Navitas Logi useless and evening out the field, since they didn't field any Logi. The overall fight went pretty even, 1 member of their fleet reshipping into a 2nd Merlin probably made the difference and secured them the Victory after successfully taking me down while I chewed on their FC, Jack Firm.

GFs were exchanged and discussions were had for some time after the brawl.

(19:42:06) Akidagi
Tormentor -4.99m
Merlin +10.41m
Tormentor -4.84m
Merlin +7.15m
Tormentor -4.98m
Merlin +7.98m
Tormentor -4.99m
Tormentor -4.99m
Merlin +7.29m
Tormentor -6.57m
Merlin +7.27m
Navitas -2.4m
Navitas -13.09m
Merlin +7.98m
Tormentor -4.99m
Kitsune +45.59m
Navitas -2.41m
Merlin +7.27m
Slasher -1.48m
Crucifier -10.8m
Tormentor -4.99m
Atron -4.62m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 131,640,642.13
ISK Lost: 84,416,144.13
ISK Delta: 47,224,498
Efficiency: 60.929%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - With the arranged fight I was once again able to end the fleet on a positive note.
    - I'm slowly getting better at calling targets

(Negative stuff)
    - Should ask the scout which character is on target in case he's multi-boxing
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Re: [AAR] 2019-10-06 // Sunday Funday NoP with Ky

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

I was super bummed that I missed this fleet due to RL events... looks like a great time.

Not that it would have changed the outcome, but I just want to know: if you Optimal Range disrupt someone, does it reduce their mid-slot range? Like ECM or remote tracking computers, etc.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Spoiler
I had a Sunday-Funday myself so I regret only not being able to support you and flying with Ged and Auric...not the actually-having-fun-doing-other-stuff part though! No regrets there!
I do have to say those arranged brawls with the Bundspecht guys turn out to be quite fun :)
Spoiler
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Falling Snow KumaMoto wrote:I just want to know: if you Optimal Range disrupt someone, does it reduce their mid-slot range? Like ECM or remote tracking computers, etc.
Don't think so. To my knowledge Tracking Disruptors only apply to Turrets while Guidance Disruptors only apply to Missile Launchers. So EWAR and Remote Assistance Modules won't be affected by any of them.

(Anyone is free to correct me though, in case I'm wrong)
Last edited by Ky Hanomaa on 2019.10.21 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Mike Kingswell wrote:
Spoiler
I'm about to cry :')
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Ky Hanomaa wrote:
Falling Snow KumaMoto wrote:I just want to know: if you Optimal Range disrupt someone, does it reduce their mid-slot range? Like ECM or remote tracking computers, etc.
Don't think so. To my knowledge Tracking Disruptors only apply to Turrets while Guidance Disruptors only apply to Missile Launchers. So EWAR and Remote Assistance Modules won't be affected by any of them.

(Anyone is free to correct me if though, in case I'm wrong)
There is no module (yet) which reduces the mid slot range, closest to it would be sensor damps which can reduce the targeting range below the webifier, scram etc range.
Rythin Horsian

Post by Rythin Horsian »

This was my first PvP fleet ever. I was kinda nervous getting into it, having no beforehand experience and just watching a couple of youtube entry-level guides. Thanks to Ky's briefing at the start of the fleet and a magnitude of helpful materials he provided (quick youtube clips, handy jpgs etc.), I had no difficulties in performing tasks that were expected of me and at no point did I feel like I was lagging behind the rest.
I enjoyed that fleet a lot and am eager to repeat the experience. I wholeheartedly recommend Ky's fleets to any reluctant newbro who's thinking about getting his feet wet. I even got a bout of beginner's luck in that I managed to land a killing blow a couple of times, which I enjoyed immensely.
Thanks for participation, everyone, and see you around!